Team-BHP - Newyear 2010 Expectations of Indian car buyer from Indian Car manufactuers and Govt.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Newyear 2010 Expectations of Indian car buyer from Indian Car manufactuers and Govt. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72641-newyear-2010-expectations-indian-car-buyer-indian-car-manufactuers-govt.html)

All BHPians,

At the outset of New year 2010 , I have compiled here a list of expectations of Indian Car buyer from Indian Car Manufactuers and Government of India.

This is my perspective. Please feel free to add your expectations.

Mods: I have opened this thread in Indian car Scene.

From Indian Car Manufacturers :

Expectation from Tata:

1. Tata to Establish a serious QC dept and set a serious goal to improve to achieve better quality of fit and finish across all its passenger car models by 25% from the current levels of Vista and Manza while keeping the same prices.

2. Tata to Develop a 250NM automatic transmission gear box to offer across Indica Vista, Indigo Manza, Marina , CS range at an additional price of Rs.50K.

2a. Tata also to Develop 400NM range Auto box to offer on UV/MPV/SUV range for Safari / Xover/ Grande MKii at an additional price of Rs. 60K.

For TATA with their JLR ownership and Fiat business partnership, this is the most opportunistic time to develop Automatic transmission gear boxes.

In china even fly by night automobile manufacturer's offer A/T on their automobile products. In India TATA is the first 100% indegeneous car manufactuer and TATA cars on Indian cities needs A/T very badly.

3. TATA to offer volunteerlyABS as standard and air bags as option on all passenger vehicle range.

4. TATA to continue to be more effectively focussed in offering VFM by enhancing strong reliability quotient among its customers. Happy to note Indica Vista ( Manza) is largely niggle free.

Expectations From Mahindra:

1. Mahindra to Offer Auto transmission Box on all Scorpio /Xylo variants at an additional Rs. 60K.
2. Mahindra to Offer mHawk engine on Xylo Top variant.
3. Mahindra to offer side impact beam safety protection on all Xylo variants.
4. Volunteer to offer ABS as standard on all its passenger vehicles and Airbags as option.
5. Mahindra to offer 4x4 option on Lx Scorpio variant too.

Expectations from Maruti:

1. Maruti to remove very old / unsafe models such as M800, Omni from its range.
2. Maruti to offer Grand vitara diesel

3. Maruti to bring SX4 diesel MT and AT variants.

Expectations from Govt. of India:

1. Govt of India to rationalize Excise duty, CST, VAT taxes to ensure total net taxes on passenger car is not exceeding 25% in any part of the country.

2.a Govt. of India to ensure a check mechanism for fair trade practice. To monitor on non Indian car companies not to treat CBU and CKD produced cars with same prices.

2b.Govt of India to insist a minimum 40% price reduction On CKD produced car models (between CBU and CKD pricing).

2c.Govt of India to take action On those car manufactuers who unfairly price their CKD produced carmodels, On such unfair priced models Govt to reduce import duty to CKD level ensuring fairness and preventing foreign car companies looting Indians.

3. Govt of India to fix the passenger vehicle Road tax to be a flat amount or for example Rs. 2,500/- per annum as per vehicle Kerb weight slabs upto 1000kgs, upto 1500 kgs etc.

3b. Govt of India to provide the option of multiple year roax tax payment for 2/3/5 years period to be provided for the car buyer.

3c. For Countrywide Road / Highways development a seperate flat amount charge or Rs. 1000/- per year per vehicle or on slab system as per vehicle kerb weight can be levied while paying road tax.

Govt of India must take steps to prevent all State Govts. asking for 6 to 12% of vehicle cost as road tax up front after a taxation of excise duty/CST/VAT/Octroi etc as it is UNETHICAL and illegal too.

4. Govt of India to Introduce ONE ALL INDIA vehicle registration number system integrating all RTOs issueing universal India vehicle numbers for all passenger vehicles where states issuing vehicle number can be identified by a number. This will minimise hasstles while travelling across states.

5. Govt of India to Abolish OCTROI effectively from all states.

6. Govt of India to instruct all Indian car manufactuers to provide ABS as part of their vehicle weighing 750kgs OR on those vehicles theu manufactuer which can achieve top speed of 100km/hr.

7. Govt of India to instruct all Indian car manufactuers to offer Airbags across all variants minimum as an Option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harimakesh (Post 1657277)
All BHPians,

Expectations From Mahindra:

1. Mahindra to Offer Auto transmission Box on all Scorpio /Xylo variants at an additional Rs. 60K.
2. Mahindra to Offer mHawk engine on Xylo Top variant.
3. Mahindra to offer side impact beam safety protection on all Xylo variants.
4. Volunteer to offer ABS as standard on all its passenger vehicles and Airbags as option.
5. Mahindra to offer 4x4 option on Lx Scorpio variant too.

6) Kindly train your Designers. please Design some good looking vehicles. why always that ugly teeth Grill?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harimakesh (Post 1657277)
4. Govt of India to Introduce ONE ALL INDIA vehicle registration number system integrating all RTOs issueing universal India vehicle numbers for all passenger vehicles where states issuing vehicle number can be identified by a number. This will minimise hasstles while travelling across states.

6. Govt of India to instruct all Indian car manufactuers to provide ABS as part of their vehicle weighing 750kgs OR on those vehicles theu manufactuer which can achieve top speed of 100km/hr.

7. Govt of India to instruct all Indian car manufactuers to offer Airbags across all variants minimum as an Option.

4. I think the vehicle numbers across states are unique even now. Didnt quite understand the new requirement.

6 and 7. These would be good moves. Hope something happens in this line in the next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilmabraham (Post 1657770)
4. I think the vehicle numbers across states are unique even now. Didnt quite understand the new requirement.

What he has meant is recognition of vehicles registered in one state in another legally to avoid transfer of registration and new road tax, etc.

This is a dream list. I am sure that most of the things will remain offline and will never materialize.
Before jumping the gun, I would like to say that currently the driving discipline is first thing that has to be controlled. Next corruption in RTO and change in RTO exam style to the ones they have in developed countries.

Here is my wish-list.

1) On road price of any car must within 20% of Ex-factory price. Eg, If a car is Rs. 3 lakh ex-factory, OTR cost must be max. Rs. 3.6 lakh. Anything above that is daylight robbery, which, unfortunately official also.

2) Price of any car through out nation remains same.

3) OTC sales of spares compulsory.

4) The emission norms all over country must be brought to equilibrium.

5) 97 Octane fuel available all over country without any increase in price. ULSD available all over country. Quality and quantity must be checked randomly at different fuel stations all over the country.

6) GQ to be completed by April 2010. It was started way back.

7) Very little toll on GQ. We are already paying much money in Income tax and tax on fuel.

8) Giving subsidy to Shell, Reliance for selling fuel just like IOC, etc.

9) Tougher test for giving license, may be as tough as they have in developed nations.

10) Revise all HCV. They are supposed to have bodies mounted lower. Also atleast 7 bhp for every ton of load carried. Currently. we see 120-150 hp engines hauling upto 50 tons. I know torque is the name of the game, but still.

11) All cars must offer ABS and Airbags optional. Its possible that a customer might not love to have PW, PS but need ABS and Airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grules (Post 1657808)
What he has meant is recognition of vehicles registered in one state in another legally to avoid transfer of registration and new road tax, etc.

Oh ok. I should have understood. Anyways thanks for the clarification grules. I totally agree with aaggoswami that this is a dream list. Very optimistic list you have got there too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1657875)
This is a dream list. I am sure that most of the things will remain offline and will never materialize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilmabraham (Post 1658000)
I totally agree with aaggoswami that this is a dream list. Very optimistic list you have got there too.

We can only be optimistic with better dreams to find India one day a better place in terms of Automobile experiences.

There is much on Govt of India to make fellow citizens to drive hassles free to feel India as one country on paper and spirit. Right now while driving across India there are lots of hic-ups.

Lot more is on Indian car companies to excel on par with international car makers in terms of quality product offering.

In the new year 2010 let us hope for some of these dream wishes to come true:)

I would ask / want only one thing from the Indian Government.

Please provide good roads (i dont want excellent roads, just decent commutable roads) and invest in infrastructure (so that you can reduce the damn Traffic Jam)

You guys have asked for so many things, first of all i dont find good roads, most city roads are like "Training grounds for off-roading". Its really becoming a pain to drive in city (not to forget those boring long signals and traffic jams):Frustrati

Better RTO system,

Education for people who are really Bad driver's. Our driving license should renew every two years in place of 10 and 20 years. We need more efficiency on Indian road. Driving sense what we have is too bad.

Dis-appointed to know TATA has not considered A/T for their top end Ariya. :Frustrati