Team-BHP - New Palio 2010 launch in Auto Expo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Palio 2010 launch in Auto Expo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72713-new-palio-2010-launch-auto-expo.html)

Was going through the Google and chanced to come across this article on the New Palio expected to be launched in Auto Expo.

The link is as below:

Fiat India to roll out facelifted Palio at 2010 Auto Expo-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

But looking at the Pic, I am quite cetain that the model will look completely different.

Also, the pricing should be a key factor.

Hope Fiat does something about the puny engine power of the Stile and makes the car a little more sporty.

Certainly looking forward to this launch!!!clap:

If this is going to be new palio what would happen to punto !!! it looks hot in some other thread a nuvo palio pic has been put but that was not even close to the pic given here.this car looks more like punto evo itself

Hi Speedy

It seems to be a rip off of the EU Evo.

Seems unlikely that we get this model.
I Guess it will be more like the Novo Palio aka the Brazilian Palio that will reach our shores.

I thought Palio will be discontinued soon after launch of Punto but this news is surprising. Palio is a good car all it needs is interior change and Minor exterior facelift. A better small capacity petrol might give it a fresh lease of life, How about the 1.2 engine from base Punto?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1659233)
I thought Palio will be discontinued soon after launch of Punto but this news is surprising. Palio is a good car all it needs is interior change and Minor exterior facelift. A better small capacity petrol might give it a fresh lease of life, How about the 1.2 engine from base Punto?

I guess a 1.0 lt will do the duties here.

As far as the Novo is concerned, the 1.0 lt. may be shipped in to India.

Base 1.2 from the Punto though is a very good idea.
Palio going would actually create a void in the FIAT portfolio and they would have a tough time to fill that....

The pictured in the site is a 2011 palio not the 2010,if you look close you would notice that in the number plate it's 2011 not 2010.
I think they might launch palio in i10 segement to catch the market and I feel it's the best way.

Check this link, has all Brazil models Fiat | Monte Seu Carro

It also has 2010 Fiat Nono Palio, is this the same one? Fiat

BSM was the first one to report this, in October 2009.

Buy New Fiat Palio | Fiat Palio Prices | Reviews | Features | Photos | BS Motoring
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1536904

The car doesn't look so good in these pictures. I think the Punto will still beat this anyday! Although the price could be a factor.

I guess Fiat is releasing the facelifted Palio which is being sold as novo Palio in Brazil. Somehow I like the headlight design of the 2 door version more than the 4-door one.

New Palio 2010 launch in Auto Expo-novopalio20100.jpg

New Palio 2010 launch in Auto Expo-novopalio201014.jpg

New Palio 2010 launch in Auto Expo-13068.jpg

If they come up with this car, then I think this a big mistake. Palio has some amount of baggage specially regarding FE.
Secondly, Fiat has to capitalize on what they have in their hand right now. GP and Linea are good cars, but Fiat is yet to gather sales. They have their hands full with the current two products that are not doing when we consider their potential.

Also Fiat has to look for the inherited parameters from the JV they are in. I think elaborating this will lead to the thread being locked, but Fiat has to look into QC and think of providing better spare parts availability and actually deliver the same.

But the biggest hurdle will come from GP itself. Where will they place this face lifted Palio ? And with what motor ?
Palio is quite old name with certian amount of baggage. Better to discontinue. GP is more than capable of covering all grounds, so let GP do the job.
Give honest and graceful end to Palio name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1659563)
But the biggest hurdle will come from GP itself. Where will they place this face lifted Palio ? And with what motor ?

Fiat could possibly discontinue the 1.2L Punto and release the new Palio with the 1.2 Fire engine. As the Kerb weight of the Palio is only 960kg, this engine will perform much better in the Palio than in the 1150kg GP.

The interior of the new Palio also looks better.

New Palio 2010 launch in Auto Expo-interior-do-veiulo.preview.jpg

the current palio is better looking than the novo palio whose headlamps look very awkward. and the new models arnt of much use unless fiat provides a better engine than the current stile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnair (Post 1659594)
Fiat could possibly discontinue the 1.2L Punto and release the new Palio with the 1.2 Fire engine. As the Kerb weight of the Palio is only 960kg, this engine will perform much better in the Palio than in the 1150kg GP.

The interior of the new Palio also looks better.

1) First, Palio comes with some amount of baggage as far as FE goes. This will be biggest hurdle other than overlap. People blame it on under reading odo, which is correct on a marginal base. That is a different thing, but the baggage exists.

2) Palio Stile weights in at 990 kg for 1.1. So lets say that the 1.2 unit will have to pull 1000 kg approx in Palio, which is around 50 kg less than GP. Good point, but overall they are heavier and eventually will lose out on performance as compared to competition.

3) Currently, both, GP and Palio are coming with three engine options.
GP has 1.2, 1.4 under petrol and diesel and 1.3 under diesel.
Palio also comes with three engine options, 1.1 and 1.6 under petrol and 1.3 under diesel.

Note that Palio is having that 1.6 petrol available, but is still not selling. Both GP and Palio have similar diesel units with similar output ( bhp, but GP has more torque ), but still palio is not selling well. Both of them have more or less similar FE and performance and Palio price is less than GP, but even than sales are just absent.

This indicates that market preference is towards GP. Palio 1.3 is good for those who need FE and 1.6 is an enthusiats delight. Even then if palio is not regestering even triple digit sales, then best is to discontinue the car IMHO.

It is clear like daylight that the Fiat car buyers prefer GP over Palio. During one of the last months, one sales guy at Kulathunkal Motors told me that they sold 66 GPs and only 7 Palios in a month. He told that there were several customers who bought GP, who were contemplating on Palio MJD before.

This is not because of Palio's baggage, the MJD was selling in few numbers before, but then the GP came and killed Palio sales like a flyswatter.