Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which car does NOT Rattle?
ANHC 111 24.13%
SX4 18 3.91%
Fiesta 60 13.04%
Verna 36 7.83%
Aveo 14 3.04%
Optra Magnum 31 6.74%
Linea 117 25.43%
Octavia 73 15.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:08   #76
BHPian

Out of the list of cars, only driven a Verna , it didnt rattle in my 1+ years of ownership experience.
Old 23rd October 2010, 08:17   #77
njh
BHPian

I own none of the cars mentioned in the poll. However, i've owned two Passats and not a peep out them yet. One is two years old, the other 18 months old. Buying a new one in the coming days.
Old 25th October 2010, 02:57   #78
BHPian

No rattles from my 5 year old NHC-VTEC too. Even after being through plenty of highway trips over badly broken roads and non-roads.

Have been in 2 yr old SX4's that rattle bad and 5-yr old Fiestas that dont.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 25th October 2010 at 02:59.
Old 25th October 2010, 08:05   #79
BHPian

how surprising as i have owned accents - which rattle, esteems - even more so. a new 6 month old sx4 - nothing serious but yeas sometimes it to makes semi rattle noises. and i have sat in ikons and wagonr's which rattle like a toy. and yet so many people seem to have faced no issues with their cars as far as rattling go.

i geuss its all the quality of the roads and up to ones driving style.
Old 25th October 2010, 08:58   #80
BHPian

Voted for Aveo.
No rattle in my 3 years of ownership experience, even after lot high trips over bad roads.
Old 25th October 2010, 09:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Fiesta.

No rattles in the one year ownership and esp after the super bad monsoon in Mumbai lined with super craters.

Touchwood, would want no rattles in the coming days too.
Old 25th October 2010, 09:13   #82
JVH
Senior - BHPian

My car is not in the list but I guess I can post on the subject.

My 9 year old Palio still does not rattle. You will hear occasional sounds when there are a few coins here and there and if there any CD covers lying around lol!
Old 25th October 2010, 09:52   #83
BHPian

The test drive Linea I got had squeaks from c pillars and from boot . But another linea was absolutely perfect . And frankly speaking my Adventure rattles and squeaks from first week onwards . May be able to fix it , if spare two days on it .
Old 25th October 2010, 10:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have driven many car in the last decade and have owned 2 Hyundai's. Many of my close buddies have owned either Hyundai, Maruthi or Honda.
My 4 year old Santro never Rattled and I was totally in awe with its build quality. My Getz is fairly new and I am quite confident it will neither.
One of my friend owns a Verna VGT that has done about 80k Kms and once we raise the glass, its almost a vaccum even on some of the worse roads in Bangalore. Hence my vote for Verna. Just Love the build. Same with a Civic or may be I can't notice it due to the FFE on board.
Many of the Swifts rattle like crazy and IMO the diesel one's rattle more and quite early .
Old 25th October 2010, 10:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Out of the list of cars, only driven a Verna , it didnt rattle in my 1+ years of ownership experience.
It will rattle after 40k on the odo. From the aircon vents area when the turbo just kicks in upto 2k rpm you will see that. Esteem,verna,safari all my previous cars rattle. voted for octavia but i didnt own one
Old 25th October 2010, 11:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

I have a Spark which clocked 16K+ on the ODO. It started rattling after 4 trips to my hometown in Kerala (Kannur). But this is mainly due to improper installation of front speaker, will get it rectified soon. Otherwise it is a very well built car.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:47   #87
BHPian

Voted for ANHC . Though not solidly built like some European cars still after 2 years / 20000 Kms not a single rattle.
Old 25th October 2010, 22:33   #88
BHPian

I dont own any of the listed cars so did not vote. My 4month old Figo has a rattle (front right caliper), squeak (right rear side), creaking(left rear side upper part) and what i call chirping occasionally(dash board). A virtual jungle!
But the stereo is good enough to silence all of them!
Old 26th October 2010, 02:15   #89
BHPian

I have not owned any of the cars, so can't comment. On the lighter side, my 7 year old indica stopped rattling when I fixed sound dampeners in the doors when I upgraded the ICE!

I also think what people think as rattling is subjective and also depends on where you normally drive. You may not hear a single rattle if you drive in good roads. But if you take the same car with the same driver to a broken road, you might hear some depending on the speed you drive. I am fuzzy about even a small sound and call it rattling, which my better half doesn't seem to hear at all. According to her, there is no rattle and according to me, there IS rattle.

It is not only broken road that matters, but broken road at what speed that matters. If you are very careful over a broken road, again you may get no rattling. If you go at higher speeds over the same broken road, everything may start to show up.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 26th October 2010 at 02:27.
Old 26th October 2010, 10:33   #90
mgh
BHPian

Even the old Fiats and Ambassadors did not rattle when new, though they started soon after! The design of door latches has changed since then, and door rattling is no longer an issue with most cars.

The issue is our roads. For example, the road from Hebbal to the new airport is good, but the surface is wavy. High speed driving will shake up your suspension, whether you notice it or not. Our road engineers seem to pay little attention to the smoothness of the surface. Road repairs create bumps. The best surfaced road I have seen in India was the original East Coast Road from Chennai to Pondicherry. It was World Bank aided and World Bank monitored its construction. May be we should build all highways with World bank aid to get roads close to international standards!

Out of the cars mentioned in the poll, have been on a friend's Octavia a few times, it had been rattle free. But it was used mainly in Chennai and on the East Coast Road!

Most Viewed