Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

if THAR is targetted at lifestyle segment then it will make a quick GETAWAY!

rural folks dont need an expensive 4x4, they already have no frill Major and loaded Bolero!

Classic was launched when there was hardly any 4WD offroad enthusiasts and Legend was sold in limited numbers only.

now is the time when there is a decent demand for a basic factory fitted 4WD vehicle and not a SUV with comforts!

i hope MM doesnt launch a right vehicle with a wrong price!
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
if THAR is targetted at lifestyle segment then it will make a quick GETAWAY!

rural folks dont need an expensive 4x4, they already have no frill Major and loaded Bolero!

Classic was launched when there was hardly any 4WD offroad enthusiasts and Legend was sold in limited numbers only.

now is the time when there is a decent demand for a basic factory fitted 4WD vehicle and not a SUV with comforts!

i hope MM doesnt launch a right vehicle with a wrong price!
you are absolutely wright sir, its really our bad luck tat we do not have the legend of indian jeep history 'CLASSIC' in market now!
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:30   #18
BHPian

let it get launched with 2.5 L crde engine with 90 bhp on tap , muscle meets with big heart also to pump up the red hot blood !!!!
let 4 wheel drive be std and yes PS , thats essencial, let it roll like that n so many will buy it ( including me !)
Old 4th January 2010, 00:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
you are absolutely wright sir, its really our bad luck tat we do not have the legend of indian jeep history 'CLASSIC' in market now!
well it could be SWB Classic being re-launched by MM in autoexpo!!

you never know!
Old 15th January 2010, 10:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guess what? There is a thread up already against the Gypsy and Thar.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:53   #21
BHPian

I really wish Mahindra gives diff locks atleast as an optional equipment. It is not too much to ask for. Come on M&M just give diff locks
Old 15th January 2010, 13:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Guess what? There is a thread up already against the Gypsy and Thar.
Well right now, the Gypsy is only refined 4x4 that can be bought new in the 6 lakh range. The only other options are Major (very basic/rudimentary) and Invader which is not very capable off-road due to the design of the rear suspension.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Well right now, the Gypsy is only refined 4x4 that can be bought new in the 6 lakh range. The only other options are Major (very basic/rudimentary) and Invader which is not very capable off-road due to the design of the rear suspension.
I agree Tini. Its nice to see options now. Hope they increase.

Maybe a SWB Classic with NEF and NGCS. Am I asking for too much?
Old 15th January 2010, 15:07   #24
BHPian

About effec ton Oldies i dont know much but what i know for sure is that there are many many in this forum (including me) who would want to buy it & there are many many more in the market who would be drooling on the concept. So when it hits the market it will sell like Hot cakes for sure
Old 24th January 2010, 12:12   #25
BHPian

well, we have a subculture in place,the die-hard 4x4 fans, but then the undercurrent needs to be nurtured to become a river.I can recall the gym culture,enfield bullets,carrom at the hostel common room,the brotherhood amidst men,arm wrestling matches,all subcultures that made me what i am.India is the land of moderates but still there exist extremists who dont jump into the bandwagon,who don't keep their heads down & let their life just pass by.the key to make a subculture take on a established culture,is to find a spark,fan it to a fire,till eventually it becomes a blaze(like a forrest fire,where even pouring buckets of water wont dampen its spirits).
Old 13th December 2010, 21:46   #26
BHPian

Mahindra Thar to launch by month end...

Some interesting new filtering through about the launch of the Mahindra Thar by the end of this month..

Source : Mahindra Thar | Facebook
Old 21st December 2010, 14:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: How far will the Thar affect the market?

Thar is here!!! I just checked in Facebook. I also checked Thar

The ex-showroom price in Bangalore is 6.01 lakhs. Seems like only 4WD option is offered.

Last edited by rohanjf : 21st December 2010 at 14:25.
Old 21st December 2010, 21:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is a tempting offer and off the shelf too!!!!

=====
Old 21st December 2010, 21:30   #29
BHPian

From what I heard, CRDe version is going to cost more than 7.2 lakhs on road in Karnataka . Apparently the interiors shown in the autoexpo version are not standard on the one that has been launched. Now waiting for the demo vehicle to arrive in Mangalore, one of the few cities where Thar is supposedly making a debut by end of the month
Old 21st December 2010, 21:50   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbhan View Post
From what I heard, CRDe version is going to cost more than 7.2 lakhs on road in Karnataka . Apparently the interiors shown in the autoexpo version are not standard on the one that has been launched. Now waiting for the demo vehicle to arrive in Mangalore, one of the few cities where Thar is supposedly making a debut by end of the month

What makes anyone think the THAR launch will affect the present market conditions.

Lets see it this way, how many Hardcore Off-road enthusiasts would go in and buy the THAR for what it is........? The answer says it all.

A OTR enthusiast's first love is always a MB or a CJ or a Gypsy. also has the choice of picking good condition 4*4's at half the costs of the THAR.

OR

Someone who already has an able 4*4 jeep / gypsy would think a trillion times to make that kind of investment on the THAR for its price. The would as well spend that 10% on their existing CJ's and Gypsys and keep them in Pink of its health.Approx 8 lacs On road Bangalore is ridiculous.

I would best leave this discussion to the OTR group.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks