Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 18:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

I agree with your choice too. If you are choosing between the Baleno and the NHC, then the obvious choice would be the Baleno. Of course you lose some of the snob value. Enjoy your car. Drive safe.
Old 30th August 2005, 20:19   #17
BHPian

a big thank you to all of you!

i am now counting down hours before i can lay my hands on her . I am going by what Mr.Samurai has advised - gonna fit Yokohamas and alloys. The sales guy I was dealing with has suggested that I go for Tefseal coating - is it any good ?

Planning to take it on a long drive to kerala on the coming weekend. will post some photos.
Old 30th August 2005, 20:47   #18
BHPian

Congratualations.. Wishing you good times ahead
Old 2nd September 2005, 09:58   #19
BHPian

got my car!
amazing drive!

since i took the delivery late evening, i couldnt help but notice that headlights are not as good as i had expected - any modification suggested - like going for Halogen etc ?

I filled 15litres of petrol, but the indicator is still at 'E' - if i had filled this much in my 800, it would have gone past mid-tank. What does this mean, how much should I fill till it can come to at least quarter tank ?
Old 2nd September 2005, 10:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300
I filled 15litres of petrol, but the indicator is still at 'E' - if i had filled this much in my 800, it would have gone past mid-tank. What does this mean, how much should I fill till it can come to at least quarter tank ?
Hmmm. That's suspicious. Get it checked by the dealer. When I took delivery of my Baleno, the dealer gave me 5 litres complimentary. Then the needle was at E. But then I filled another 10 litres and it jumped to the quarter mark.
Old 2nd September 2005, 10:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car, GS300! It has a huge fan following in Team-BHP. now is the time to put up a TBHP decal on it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Just a question to the other TBHPians, I read somewhere that Maruti is going to discontinue Baleno next year as its going to bring another Sedan in the segment.
Maruti? Discontinue? Never!! That word is not in their dictionary friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I see a lot of Esteems in Delhi and hardly any Balenos and its completely opposite in Bangalore, so it will be interesting to see whats the nation wide reality.
(in Aug) I saw one new esteem and 5-6 Balenos in Trivandrum, and 2 new Balenos (both silver) in Varkala - the small town that I call home- against the digit that an indian invented.

With such "car sense" I think it is time to shift the capital to somewhere else... Well i am not forgetting the mugal dude who tried this before, but that was before the times of motor car...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd September 2005 at 10:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks