Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2005, 10:42   #1
BHPian

me too!

my 6 month long search has come to an end yesterday - I booked a black Baleno Lxi. You might be thinking now what was there to think so much . But it was difficult for me to decide between NHC and Baleno. Finally, I called up some of the friends, including our own Mr.Samurai!...inputs from all of them helped me to finalize on this one. Hope i made the right decision. I will get my car on 1st Sept. Now i have to think about Alloys, Tyres etc...

Last edited by GS300 : 29th August 2005 at 10:47.
Old 29th August 2005, 10:49   #2
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase GS300....Baleno is a gr8 car and comes highly recommended by T-BHPians......I'm sure you will not regret your decesion....

Enjoy your ride and soup it up....

Cheers!!!
Old 29th August 2005, 11:40   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase DUDE...
tyres is the first upgrade you should look at...
and rember drive safe...
Old 29th August 2005, 12:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy, baleno's a good car.
Enjoy your ride, drive safe.
Old 29th August 2005, 13:08   #5
BHPian

Congrats on ur new Baleno, GS300. Baleno sure is a nice classy sedan! do put some oversize tyres to give that sex appeal to ur baleno!

have a great adventurous driving!

please always remember: "if u drink n drive, u r a bloody idiot!"
Brought to u by the Australian Road Safety Department!
Old 29th August 2005, 14:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey buddy congrats on your buy.baleno is a great car and i assure you that you have made the right decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
Hey moderators, I guess you can ask for some royalty by the Maruti ppl, now that so many of us decided to buy a Baleno over NHC, just because of T-BHP.
and aseem !!

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 29th August 2005 at 14:10.
Old 29th August 2005, 14:06   #7
BHPian

Congrats GS300 on your purchase. Hey moderators, I guess you can ask for some royalty by the Maruti ppl, now that so many of us decided to buy a Baleno over NHC, just because of T-BHP.
Old 29th August 2005, 14:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Black Baleno looks sexy. Also while discussing with a friend who owns a black Baleno was telling me that it requires regular wax polish to keep it glossy. Agreed it depends on where and how it is parked. By the way, is Baleno black color is a mat finish? ( I guess it's mat for Swift).

Why did you put the subject as "me too"
Old 29th August 2005, 14:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Me too, as he joined the priviledge club of Baleno owners here in TBHP. Finally here comes a post where I can safely cheer for and congratulate GS300 for buying Baleno. Though Honda City has much better interiors and social status associated with it, I think Baleno is the right car if you drive yourself and enjoy driving. Upsize the tyres, get a K&N filter are the first things you should go. Good choice on the color, Baleno looks good only in Black.
Just a question to the other TBHPians, I read somewhere that Maruti is going to discontinue Baleno next year as its going to bring another Sedan in the segment. And since the sales of Esteem have increased to a great extent after the new Esteem was introduced, thus maruti is thinking about discontinuing Baleno... Any ideas on this? The reason I ask is that although Baleno is an excellent buy, but should we as a Forum be recommending it if its going to be discontinued? I know this forum is heavily in favor of Baleno over Esteem, but do we have numbers of actual sales of both the cars? I see a lot of Esteems in Delhi and hardly any Balenos and its completely opposite in Bangalore, so it will be interesting to see whats the nation wide reality.
Old 29th August 2005, 15:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Just a question to the other TBHPians, I read somewhere that Maruti is going to discontinue Baleno next year as its going to bring another Sedan in the segment.
The word is there will be a newer Baleno, but we don't know whether it will have the same VFM.

Quote:
And since the sales of Esteem have increased to a great extent after the new Esteem was introduced, thus maruti is thinking about discontinuing Baleno... Any ideas on this?
According the sales rep I dealt with, lots of potential Esteem buyers are converted into Baleno buyers at the showroom when they see the price difference (in EMI) between the two models.

Quote:
The reason I ask is that although Baleno is an excellent buy, but should we as a Forum be recommending it if its going to be discontinued?
That's no reason not to buy it. Aren't there lots of members here who wish they had bought OHC before it was discontinued? Heck, I was one of them.

Quote:
I know this forum is heavily in favor of Baleno over Esteem, but do we have numbers of actual sales of both the cars? I see a lot of Esteems in Delhi and hardly any Balenos and its completely opposite in Bangalore, so it will be interesting to see whats the nation wide reality.
It is true that I see much more Balenos in Bangalore than Esteeems. But this forum is a country wide forum and see how many esteems were bought by T-BHP members in 2005 compared to Baleno.
Old 29th August 2005, 15:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300
Finally, I called up some of the friends, including our own Mr.Samurai!...inputs from all of them helped me to finalize on this one. Hope i made the right decision. I will get my car on 1st Sept. Now i have to think about Alloys, Tyres etc...
Now that you have bought the Black Baleno, you have to upgrade to 195/60R14 which is the most popular upgrade without losing much ride comfort. BTW, skumarit who bought his Black "what else" Baleno on friday upgraded to 195/60R14 Yokohamas on BSA alloys, and drove off to Mysore in 2 hours time. When I talked to him today, he was absolutely thrilled with the new car. All his family and friends are stunned at how a Baleno could look so good...
Old 29th August 2005, 21:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

WTF?! Maybe it's time to change our name to team-balenohappy!!!

Congrats on your new car, GS300!

Can we PLEASE have a Baleno meet in Bangalore?! Pretty please???!!!
Old 29th August 2005, 23:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey buddy congrats on your buy.baleno is a great car and i assure you that you have made the right decision.

and aseem !!

Rev
wicked dude....!
Old 30th August 2005, 15:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
You might be thinking now what was there to think so much . But it was difficult for me to decide between NHC and Baleno.

Dude i was in the exact same situation and had almost purchased NHC when i saw the discussions here about the Baleno. Saw it,drove it and fell in love ;and have been ever since, with my now 28 days old black beauty.

Don't worry you will get much more bang for ure buck in case of the Baleno viz a viz the NHC..
And BTW the performance isn't even comparable..
Be assured you made the correct decision and you'll never regret it.

Last edited by imjimmy : 30th August 2005 at 15:08.
Old 30th August 2005, 16:40   #15
BHPian

Baleno...good choice mate...enjoy your drive and congrats on your GS300.
You know what I too would have chosen the Baleno anyday when compared with the NHC. GOOD CHOICE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks