Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 12:14   #271
BHPian

re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Ashutosh for the pictures. The car looks quite fantastic in pictures, and has loads of presence. However the Renault global website has the car with a slightly different grill treatment.
Here is the link: Renault.com - Renault Duster

OT: Ajay, got a small request. Please refrain from using too many bold words in the posts. This one is quite ok, but in some other long posts, it’s a bit too jarring. Thanks.
Point well taken, my Friend, will take care. This 'RD', is supposed to be a new model and will get launched in Russia, North America & most probably in India as well.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:38   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Ashutosh for the pictures. The car looks quite fantastic in pictures, and has loads of presence. However the Renault global website has the car with a slightly different grill treatment.
Here is the link: Renault.com - Renault Duster

OT: Ajay, got a small request. Please refrain from using too many bold words in the posts. This one is quite ok, but in some other long posts, it’s a bit too jarring. Thanks.
Maybe South America gets the facelifted model. Also it looks different probably due to the larger engine. Renault site says that the Duster only comes with a 1.5dci and a 1.6L petrol.
Old 17th June 2011, 18:37   #273
Team-BHP Support

Any details on build quality? I could not find much details about the same.
Old 17th June 2011, 19:01   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Thanks ashutoshb, for sharing the pictures. Rear view of 'RD' tells me that it's with 2.0 litre engine. So if the 'RD' is launched here in India with same specifications, then no way it will be priced between 8-11 Lacs. 12-15 Lacs seems to be realistic price for it.
We do not know if they have an option of the 1.5 dci there, also since this engine is already doing duty in India for a long time now, it will certainly be launched with 1.5 dci here, the logic is that they even launched the Fluence with this engine, they are using 1.5 dci everywhere possible, thought I feel it was inadequate for Fluence, the TD I did few days back only made it obvious. Fluence is a pain to drive in diesel form.
Old 17th June 2011, 19:16   #275
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i think they will give us the 1.5 Dci
but this should deliver 110PS at least - as per some of my earlier posts on this thread I ve done some research on the specs.
overall while it may be a relatively inexpensive SUV, I am pretty sure that the build quality, ergonomics, comfort and fit and finish will be better than what is being dished out to us by the Scorpios and Safaris of the world.
would say its a good bet and worth waiting for. I find the logan very comfortable indeed and am sure that the Duster wont disappoint on this front. Also, the safety features in the Duster will be more than welcome. After all it is based on the logan and is more or less like a logan on stilts, to use an euphemism that someone else on the forum used when describing the Yeti as a Laura on stilts!
also, there is no real reason why India should not get the same spec/ variants as the Lat-Am one or the South American one as these markets are quite similar from a world perspective. I do certainly hope they dont compromise the quality and give us a cheapster in the name of VFM. Equally I hope they dont go to the other extreme in this idiotic chase for premium cues.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th June 2011 at 19:17.
Old 17th June 2011, 20:52   #276
BHPian

guys if you all remember in Brazil the diesel is not allowed in cars, only on commercial vehicles, that is why they are launching it in different variants of petrol/ethanol engines. what I understand from their Brazil site id that one is 1.6L 115bhp and the other is 2.0L 143bhp, check this link.
Renault
Old 18th June 2011, 06:28   #277
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good insight.thanks. i didnt know this. but at least the trim and other spec levels offered in brazil should be the same as the one they may offer here in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
guys if you all remember in Brazil the diesel is not allowed in cars, only on commercial vehicles, that is why they are launching it in different variants of petrol/ethanol engines. what I understand from their Brazil site id that one is 1.6L 115bhp and the other is 2.0L 143bhp, check this link.
Renault
Old 19th June 2011, 01:44   #278
BHPian

New interiors for 2012 Renault/Dacia Duster for Argentina!! Hope these make it to India too.
New Renault Duster ~ Auto Galleri

Old 19th June 2011, 16:54   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
New interiors for 2012 Renault/Dacia Duster for Argentina!! Hope these make it to India too.
New Renault Duster ~ Auto Galleri

Looks like Renault Duster has gone upmarket. The interiors look great, and in all probabilities Renault would want to bring these changes to the India market. Duster had all the power window controls in the center, but this version has proper placement of the switches. The bad ergonomics seems to have been taken care of, it also looks more upmarket (which means the price will go up too). But we are a RHD nation and we do not know if these changes are available in RHD version. Nevertheless we will lap it up if priced fairly.
Old 19th June 2011, 20:13   #280
Senior - BHPian

Hoping Renault India won't beigeify the interiors!
Old 19th June 2011, 23:40   #281
Senior - BHPian

More pics & vids of the South American RD:

Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-2011renaultdustersuvinterior.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renaultduster_2012.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renaultduster_2.04x4_2012_02.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renaultduster_1.6_2012.jpg  

Old 20th June 2011, 21:58   #282
BHPian

@ashutosh, thanks, that was a treat. BTW I am sure the Latin American version will probably make it to Indian market but for the exception of the engine which will be the 1.5 dci, which is good for us.
Old 21st June 2011, 00:26   #283
Senior - BHPian

The updated interior looks smashing in black. Gone are the utilitarian looks. However, Renault must resist the temptation to price the Duster in the Fluence price range.
Old 21st June 2011, 06:05   #284
Team-BHP Support

What has been the reliability of the product on a global scale?
How about electronic parts? Engine I hope would be good as it remains the same?
Old 21st June 2011, 12:12   #285
BHPian

After all the research I have done, thankfully in none of the markets the Duster is even close to Fluence. But in India Fluence diesel is priced very competitively, that gives us a lot of hope that the Duster will be priced likewise. The 4x4 top end cutting off at 12 OTR will be a digestible price, anything more will derail the dream. As we all know, just waiting for the Koleos launch. Koleos is priced at about $ 23,500, which is pretty good, about 10.55 lakhs.

@Amp; The service part on the renault website is as follows;
"Economical to buy and run
Servicing and maintenance costs are particularly competitive on Dacia Duster thanks to extended service intervals for oil changes, and brake pad and tyre replacements. The useful life of the air filters has gone to 90,000km/four years for petrol versions, while that for diesel it has gone to 60,000km. The servicing intervals the dCi 110 diesel engine are every 30,000km/two years OCS in the majority of its commercialization countries. The OCS (Oil Control System), newly introduced in the Dacia range, warns the driver, by means of an oil-change warning light, should the next service need to be brought forward, depending on the way the vehicle is used".
Check this out,
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks