Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 22:49   #586
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Looks are always subjective, but it ain't ugly for sure.

What you've posted is the older model. I have attached a pic of the interior of the 2011 model.
The interior looks much better in the pics posted by you. Thanks. Hope Renault launch this latest version and price it competitively.
Old 26th October 2011, 22:58   #587
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I beg to disagree here sir! I have seen one inside India , parked within a few feet of it and did a walk around too.
Where did you see it? Have any pics? Was it right hand drive? Camouflaged?? Any other info you might want to share ...

(I know I am asking too many questions, but its just the eagerness to buy one of these which is coming out )
Old 27th October 2011, 08:54   #588
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand

And sorry Bro, I forgot to point this out n my previous post, the ix45 would be the Santa Fe's replacement. The Tucson's replacement is called the ix35. And even the ix35/Tucson would slot into the Yeti segment. Thus will not be direct competition to the Duster or the EcoSport
Thanks! I still don't mind. In fact I would welcome the new Tucson. I was however under the impression that the IX35 was the sonatas replacement! I have seen the I30 abroad and that's a nice car. A steroid loaded I20! But the Tucson or new Tucson would be right for them now as the market is much more mature than it was 5 years ago!
Old 27th October 2011, 12:08   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Where did you see it? Have any pics? Was it right hand drive? Camouflaged?? Any other info you might want to share ...

(I know I am asking too many questions, but its just the eagerness to buy one of these which is coming out )
I think I have posted this before in this thread, but not able to find it now.
I saw it parked inside my company in Pune.
Heavily camouflaged.
Petrol.
Left Hand Drive.
No registration, not even TC /European plates.
Had a Honda CR-V for company. Though it might unrelated.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:07   #590
BHPian

@Sajo, yes indeed you did. I came across the posts by chance. You did specifically mention the Duster's compact dimensions & lack of road presence

Quote:
I think I have posted this before in this thread, but not able to find it now...
Quote:
It may be oft repeated but I am posting this anyway, because my Swift is parked within a couple of feet of a (petrol) Duster today.

- Raised UV ? Naah, its hardly an inch (or less) taller than my Swift.
- Width - The Swift actually looks wider from some angles.

As far as "image" goes, it is not very imposing then. It needs a full time AWD system standard to justify its reported 10+L Price tag then. Because as far as I could peek in, there were no significant equipment levels either.

And sorry, no pics either. There were security guards all around.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 23:31   #591
rbp
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted

Quote:
After Fluence and Koleos, Renault is to launch Duster in India. Adapted to the needs of Indian customers, Duster will be fully produced at Chennai and rolled out on the Indian market in the second half of 2012.

Duster will be part of a range of five vehicles launched between now and end-2012. Together, they will form the most youthful line-up on the Indian market.

In a country where customer standards are increasing in step with market growth, this product offensive is being accompanied by the development of a nationwide network and top-quality services.

The development of Renault activities in India demonstrates the brand’s aim to become a major player in a market that constitutes the third pillar of its international strategy.

Renault announces launch of Duster in India in 2012 - media.renault.com
Old 30th October 2011, 03:01   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Not sure if this has been posted
Thats an old news. Duster is already confirmed for India as per Renault product strategy. It wont be their third but the fourth product in our market.
Pulse is the third product.
Old 1st November 2011, 21:28   #593
BHPian

After looking at the the latest release from Renault (I think Pulse, right?) all my hopes from Renault Duster are gradually disappearing.... :(
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:17   #594
BHPian

Quote:
After looking at the the latest release from Renault (I think Pulse, right?) all my hopes from Renault Duster are gradually disappearing.... :(
+1 to this. We better have realistic expectations from Renault now that we can see that they are hell bent on overpricing their cars. I really doubt whether we would get a euro top spec duster even in the price range of XUV500.
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:37   #595
Senior - BHPian

Was going through this press release on the Pulse hatchback launch, one thing to be noted is that they are only talking about the dCi engine, with no mention of a petrol engine anywhere. If this means what I am guessing, this will be the first hatchback to be launched only with a diesel engine. So for a change, some good strategy coming from Renault.

Last edited by ashutoshb : 2nd November 2011 at 11:46.
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:43   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely! I am inclined to agree- we appeared to have had credited Renault with far, far more intelligence than what they have actually demonstrated so far.

On that sombre note- will someone please be kind to send these blessed people a draft of their possible future epitaph?
Old 6th November 2011, 10:24   #597
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

check this link!
Dailymotion - DACIA DUSTER vs.SKODA YETI Test - a Auto-Moto video
Old 6th November 2011, 11:22   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Not really being able to understand a single word he said, what was the decision - which is better? Dusterski or Yetiski?

And what was the meaning of the gunski? (just to prove that I actually watched all the way to the end )
Old 6th November 2011, 12:12   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Not really being able to understand a single word he said, what was the decision - which is better? Dusterski or Yetiski?

And what was the meaning of the gunski? (just to prove that I actually watched all the way to the end )
Looks like Yeti is better than duster, But if Duster is prices as being said at 7-8 lakhs almost half the price of yeti, duster will win hands down.

And if the price is around 10 lacs on Road, with Dusters better off-roading capability it will be great threat to scorpio and safaris.
Old 6th November 2011, 20:09   #600
BHPian

Looks like the Duster is not going to see the light of day India .. Just saw the "Range of Cars" section on Renault cars in India and here is what it shows: -

Looks like they have removed the Duster from their 5 products to be launched in India .. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renault.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks