Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 06:44   #661
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

yes agreed. the calm before the storm and all that jazz.
but I this info anyway wont ever be given to the public domain before they are ready.
i guess M&M have launched the 4WD LX Scorp to pre-empt the Duster strike! its wonderful how a little competition stirs things up. I remember corresponding with the M&M people for the last several years on both Bolero and Scorpio and how they should launch a no frills base version of the same with 4WD. now several years later they have seen fit to listen.
better late than never I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
I think the first sign of spy pictures by ACI confirm that things seem to be on track . One more thing is that companies never share any kind of information as it would be completely stupid. You don't want all your competitors to be prepared for your arrival. You should come with a bang. Id like to think of this as a time of silence before which the storm would strike.

So 3 engine options sounds good but I dont want the 110bhp diesel version priced above 10L!! The 110bhp version should be available for ~8L ex-showroom to make any kind of sense.
Old 23rd November 2011, 06:46   #662
BANNED

i would speculate that if the Duster top spec diesel 4WD 110bhp with all safety stuff etc comes in, it will be at about 12-13 lacs on road Bangalore. difficult to price it at less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That price is too optimistic I would say. If they plan to bring in the lowest petrol variant at 7L, then the lowest trim in diesel should be at least 8L. I would be really happy if the 110 bhp 4x4 is priced around 10L, but I am not sure even that could be a reality. ACI speculates the top of the line at 11L or so.

But if Renault decides to surprise us all...
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:57   #663
BHPian

Finally some good news on Duster. The ACI scoop pics are not clear but at least we know its coming to our shores.

I agree with Shankar. The realistic 4WD top spec OTR pricing will be around 12L. Lets wait and watch.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:27   #664
Senior - BHPian

I think if the oil-burner is priced in the range of the XUV500, it just might click.
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:51   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I think if the oil-burner is priced in the range of the XUV500, it just might click.
On the contrary, it may not click too. XUV is feature packed; given the current scenario, no car company would like to pitch their SUV against the XUV considering the features that it offers. Renault knowing a thing or 2 about Mahindra, i am sure wont do this blunder.
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:16   #666
BHPian

I have been in the market to buy a car for couple of months now. All Automakers listen keenly to me.

I would have booked Honda Jazz immediately however the showrooms aren't assuring anything on the delivery time. As a matter of fact, some have stopped taking bookings as there seems to be a huge backlog to the extent of 7 months or more here in Mumbai.

Renault Duster is another car that I am looking for. And if there is some clarity available on both the price and trims, then this is going to be part of my non-existent garage for sure.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:49   #667
Senior - BHPian

^^ Animesh, what are the other options that you have considered? From a Jazz to a Duster? Both of them are in different segments and only one common factor. Honda faltered with Jazz pricing and none of Renault products are spot on in terms of pricing!

It may be a good wait but if XUV bookings open, it may be a good idea to have a look at that too.

Sorry for going OT!
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:30   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
i would speculate that if the Duster top spec diesel 4WD 110bhp with all safety stuff etc comes in, it will be at about 12-13 lacs on road Bangalore. difficult to price it at less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
On the contrary, it may not click too. XUV is feature packed; given the current scenario, no car company would like to pitch their SUV against the XUV considering the features that it offers. Renault knowing a thing or 2 about Mahindra, i am sure wont do this blunder.
Exactly. I guess the XUV5OO will be the ultimate winner if the Duster's price gets anywhere close to that of the XUV. Its got 2 extra seats, lots more features than even Duster's international versions for a very competitive price. Renault should ensure they don't go wrong with their most important launch in India. Can they do it?
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:43   #669
BANNED

i think that with the Duster, Renault will surprise us all. After all it is not for nothing that the Duster is touted as the cheapest SUV in the world!
it will end up being the value conscious buyer's Yeti - no doubt about it.

while I agree that the XUV has those 2 extra seats etc, those 2 seats can only be used by small people and if all the seats are used, then there is precious little luggage space left - it is thus, effectively a 5 seater + luggage.

Where it scores is "road presence", pricing and all the gizmos that are loaded in it - forget for a moment how reliable all these gizmos actually are over the long term.

Time will tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Exactly. I guess the XUV5OO will be the ultimate winner if the Duster's price gets anywhere close to that of the XUV. Its got 2 extra seats, lots more features than even Duster's international versions for a very competitive price. Renault should ensure they don't go wrong with their most important launch in India. Can they do it?
Old 24th November 2011, 12:39   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
^^ Animesh, what are the other options that you have considered? From a Jazz to a Duster? Both of them are in different segments and only one common factor. Honda faltered with Jazz pricing and none of Renault products are spot on in terms of pricing!

It may be a good wait but if XUV bookings open, it may be a good idea to have a look at that too.

Sorry for going OT!
Hi Amtak

Honda Jazz is my personal favorite among all the Hatch Back options available in the country. I need not go into great details as to what makes Jazz the best (see the polls on the forum) in the class.

Why Duster: I don't want a serious offroading machine and at the same time a big SUV isn't my requirement (I stay in the cramped corners of Mumbai).

Both Jazz and Duster will give me ample space to carry couple of cycles or kayak (with the rear bench seats folded) along with couple of bags for mid-sized road trips. I guess in my budget these are the only two vehicles that suit such trips along with city commute.

Let me know if there is a third option worthwhile for me. That discussion my get a lil OT for this particular thread.
Old 24th November 2011, 12:47   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Let me know if there is a third option worthwhile for me. That discussion my get a lil OT for this particular thread.
Yes, a bit OT, but you do have the option of getting a Used Ford Fusion. An absolutely fantastic vehicle, but was way ahead of the market when it came.
Old 27th November 2011, 14:00   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw in Autocar show about the same news which is posted few days back on this thread. One petrol variant and two diesel variant. The diesel ones are of 85Bhp and 110 bhp; don’t remember the spec for petrol variant though.
Also Renault targeting sales of 50K Duster’s in a year. Hope that means they target mass volume and price it accordingly rather than premium/ over price. As per Autocar Renault will be fixing the turbo lag issue in Duster and will be implementing the same in Fluence too.
Old 27th November 2011, 17:54   #673
BANNED

hope they load the 110BHP Diesel with 4WD and other solid goodies and safety stuff like their Euro Spec. Even if they then price it around 12-13 on road BANGALORE it will fly off the shelves, on account of the stuff they give. At least in urban India the utility and practicality of a smaller SUV is beginning to strike people as sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Saw in Autocar show about the same news which is posted few days back on this thread. One petrol variant and two diesel variant. The diesel ones are of 85Bhp and 110 bhp; don’t remember the spec for petrol variant though.
Also Renault targeting sales of 50K Duster’s in a year. Hope that means they target mass volume and price it accordingly rather than premium/ over price. As per Autocar Renault will be fixing the turbo lag issue in Duster and will be implementing the same in Fluence too.
Old 27th November 2011, 18:45   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
If they priced 4X4 1.6 diesel below 10 lakh, it will kill all the 4 wheel drive in India. As it is compact and the engine is low capacity, we can expect the price to be low.

In Europe Renault is much better in terms of quality and reliability compare to Fiat.
Thanks for the video. This video makes Duster look like a serious off roader, especially the climb up the hill. I hope they price it well and line it up as a competition for the dominators like Scorpio/Safari
Old 27th November 2011, 19:46   #675
BANNED

a fully loaded 1 million or 1.3 million rupee Duster will definitely give some serious competition to the 1.9 or 2 million rupee Yeti top end.

if only those chappies at Renault India were to have launched this beast instead of their Koleos, as their second vehicle in India, I would have bought one.

Unfortunately I just havent the patience to wait so long.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks