Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 14:14   #796
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Just got the news on Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India that Renault finally unveiled the Duster at Auto Expo. Front grill is little different from original Dacia Duster but overall design profile and panels are same.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 14:19   #797
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I would be pleasantly surprised if they are able to bring in their top end Diesel 4WD with many airbags and ABS and all the rest of it, at any less than 12-13 lacs on road in Bangalore.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:26   #798
BHPian

That is the price I expected it to be.. 11 - 12 lakhs.. If it proves to be good with what is shown on videos all over the world, it is a winner at least for me.

Also, any direct face front, back and side photo shots? As someone said above, from the angles shot it looks huge and taller..
Old 6th January 2012, 14:42   #799
BANNED

I think the pic on the website is one of their generic pics that shows the vehicle off to advantage - the 2 litre and 4WD would be the Euro Spec.

No clarity yet whether it will make it to India though because from all accounts at least in the beginning they plan to offer it only with the 1.5DCi engine and 2WD to keep costs down in that range of 8 lacs-ish.

There is no concrete information yet to the contrary on this aspect at least and as far as I understood it from someone at the upper echelons in Renault, there was a big internal debate there about whether at all to offer the 4WD version with the bigger engine in our market, since it is an extremely value conscious one, where 95% of the SUV variants sold are in 2WD.

However, with the advent of the XUV and its extremely competitive pricing, the boys at Renault might have changed their minds. But now even the XUV prices have gone up, making the top end W8 AWD around 17 lacs on road in Bangalore. Hence I wonder if Renault would be able to manage their pricing as is being discussed.

Another point that Renault would be thinking about is the last ditch efforts by Scorpio and Safari in launching a 4x4 variant in their lowest spec LX variants. But those themselves are priced around 11 lacs odd. Of course these dont have ABS and Airbags etc yet, but I think, to remain competitive, they will be forced to introduce both, perhaps at a marginal cost extra, in their lowest variants too!

So, if Renault were actually to bring in a 4WD 1.5Dci with Airbags and ABS and all the other fiddly stuff, then in my opinion, it is reasonable to expect to pay around 12-13 lacs for it on road in Bangalore! If they do give us a 2 litre engined variant, then I am sure that the price will also be correspondingly higher!

With the advent of such excellent competition in the market place, it is only a matter of time before our own manufacturers are forced to learn that we cant be taken for granted any longer! Makes one think, doesnt it, that they have just been eating our money all these years with precious little being given back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
That pic on the Renault website shows the following two very interesting things at the back:

1. "2.0"
2. "4WD"

Edit: I have also requested for a copy of the brochure! Waiting eagerly for our gurus to put a review of the Duster from the expo...already thrilled!!!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 14:52   #800
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Just now received a reply from Renault Customer Care:

Quote:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing to Renault India customer care, as of now we have three of our products available that is Fluence and Koleos and our Renault Pulse which product brochure are you looking out for sir. So that the same will be sent to you at the earliest .

Warm Regards,

Keerthi.S

Renault contact Center

Contact: 1800-300-44444 (Toll free - 09:00am to 08:00pm,7 days a week)

Unquote

Is the Renault Customer Care assuming that . Have replied back asking for a Duster brochure. Lets see what's up next
Same request made on their website, same mail received, same reply given.

I requested a brochure of the Duster and was surprised that the customer care did not have information regarding my interest in the Duster as i clicked the "Request for Brochure" on the Duster's main page.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:09   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Satellite audio was better known to Indians as Worldspace radio in which you had a choice of several radio stations that were broadcast by satellite. This required a small dish antenna to be installed (akin to Tata Sky) but this meant that the device was not portable i.e. you couldnt take your Worldspace player (similar to other portable cassette / CD music players) to someone elses house. Unfortunately the company shut down & I dont think there are an other players in the Idnan market so I dont know how the car will ensure satellite audio connectivity.

Oh yes, the pricing is fantastic!
Satellite audio connectivity and phone controls is, I believe, the steering mounted controls for Audio and Phone.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:33   #802
BHPian

The Renaults site shows only exterior images of the duster that means they have redigned the dash. Also a report from AI said that they will change the design as the current one looks old-school.
After requesting for an official brochure it says
''Thank you for your request. You will receive a copy of the Renault Duster brochure after its official launch in January 2012. "

This means that the Launch will be in January!

Last edited by Y@SH : 6th January 2012 at 15:36.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:53   #803
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to Renault Andheri, the vehicle will be available after Jun / Jul 12.

They have started accepting the bookings (Rs. 50 K)

The price range would bt 8-11 Lacs Ex Show Room.

5 Varients (2 WD & 4 WD, Petrol & Diesel).

I may go around and book it once I get the brochure by next week.
m_upreti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 15:55   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Satellite audio connectivity and phone controls is, I believe, the steering mounted controls for Audio and Phone.
Abroad, satellite audio connectivity means connectivity to satellite audio. Marketing gurus who work on Indian automotive companies brochures however tend to take liberties at times, and if you are correct, then they they have taken extreme liberties with the english language in this case. Silly me !
Old 6th January 2012, 23:21   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

I may go around and book it once I get the brochure by next week.
If you get the brochure by next week would you mind uploading it here?
Old 7th January 2012, 12:01   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Same request made on their website, same mail received, same reply given.

I requested a brochure of the Duster and was surprised that the customer care did not have information regarding my interest in the Duster as i clicked the "Request for Brochure" on the Duster's main page.

Even if you reply to this mail, they are again sending the same automated reply!!! It seems their brochure is not yet ready
Old 7th January 2012, 17:51   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
If you get the brochure by next week would you mind uploading it here?
Sure will do, but it seems that the Dealer does not have them and I got the below response from Renault on requesting on their website, as of now Duster does not figure on the list of products offered.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing to Renault India customer care, as of now we have three products available that is Fluence and Koleos and our Renault Pulse kindly request you to let us know which product brochure are you checking out for, So that the same will be forwarded to you at the earliest .

Warm Regards,
Keerthi.S
Renault contact Center
Contact: 1800-300-44444 (Toll free - 09:00am to 08:00pm,7 days a week)

Last edited by m_upreti : 7th January 2012 at 18:05.
Old 7th January 2012, 17:55   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Pic courtesy Rushlane.

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renaultdustersuvdelhiautoexpo.jpg
Old 7th January 2012, 19:23   #809
BANNED

Looks very nice.
I read the Jan issue of What Car? They also say that the Duster is only going to be launched with 2WD and a couple of 1.5 litre engines - Petrol and Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pic courtesy Rushlane.

Attachment 866467
Old 7th January 2012, 20:03   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thats a killer price tag. Finally renault had the intelligence to price the product competitively. Any indications about the launch date?
Not to me, if the pricing of the Pulse is anything to go by. I don't expect the Duster for that price as it would literally kill the Pulse. Expect at least 8L for the petrol.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks