Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 17:52   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
My 5 year old is a cars freak & loved the looks of the vehicle but asked me if we would use it to wipe things when I told him the name Duster.
Lol.. Yes people were giving it second look specially for its name. I heard Ladies asking "What.. Duster??"

Renault have good Diesel engines though may be if they price it well the Taxi market can pick it up like Logan, as it looked tough and made of heavy metal.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:12   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Another mail from Renault:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing to Renault India customer care, I
appreciate your interest shown in our Renault Duster.
I had also mailed to inquire on 4 wheel drive Duster, but did not get any response, look like only front wheel drive will be launched. DISAPPOINTING.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th January 2012 at 21:45. Reason: Please DO NOT quoting large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 10th January 2012, 20:56   #828
BHPian

Like to say it again. I am in love with this website. After motogp & news channels this is one website I like to refresh again and again for updates. Sorry mods if you get more hits from my IP doesn't block

I was waiting for this comparison, could have done it myself, but wouldn't have got like this and no time..

For some reason the android tbhp app kept logging me off.

Thanks to the Good souls keeping the spirit up even though there is no official thread on the main auto expo thread.

~koli.
Old 11th January 2012, 13:32   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Saw it in Expo, my views is that styling is not very aggressive. Looks more on lines of Force One. So The company needs to price is very dynamically. The stall was quite happening with live performances etc.
Comparing the height along with the model posing with the vehicle, it looks like an estate car, let alone a SUV.... disappointed!!! :(
Old 11th January 2012, 14:06   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Comparing the height along with the model posing with the vehicle, it looks like an estate car, let alone a SUV.... disappointed!!! :(

Actually it appears to be wider/taller than a Honda CRV, and just about 9cm shorter than the XUV5oo. Definitely bigger than the Yeti, and it's actually wider than the Scorpio too! (see post #820 in this thread).

Though clearly this is meant to be a smaller SUV anyway, but I think this is a pretty good size for my requirements anyway. Looks-wise I like it quite a bit. It would have been nice if they could have reduced the amount of metal in the triangle between the brakelight, rear wheel and last window. Also, it looks a bit better with the black cladding under the front and rear bumpers that was seen in earlier pictures from Europe.

Now what I want to know is more about the interiors!
Old 12th January 2012, 12:19   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Actually it appears to be wider/taller than a Honda CRV, and just about 9cm shorter than the XUV5oo. Definitely bigger than the Yeti, and it's actually wider than the Scorpio too! (see post #820 in this thread).

Though clearly this is meant to be a smaller SUV anyway, but I think this is a pretty good size for my requirements anyway. Looks-wise I like it quite a bit. It would have been nice if they could have reduced the amount of metal in the triangle between the brakelight, rear wheel and last window. Also, it looks a bit better with the black cladding under the front and rear bumpers that was seen in earlier pictures from Europe.

See my comparison few threads below, it is taller than the CRV & X1.
For interior details see the Renault Russia site, the specs are expected to be in line with the European Duster
Old 12th January 2012, 12:57   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post

@Fusion2006: The interiors of the Duster are largely like the Logan (aka Verito). Some of the quiikiness continues. The reverse controls for the AC, the mounting of front power windows on the dash and the rear power windows on the floor console.

However, the good parts continue as well. Comfortable seats, true seating for 5 (like the Verito) and hard wearing plastics.

I hope they are able to launch it with a better shade (beige?) to give a slight up-market feel as the grey that is offered in Europe may feel cheap in the Indian context for a 10 lakh car.
Old 12th January 2012, 13:09   #833
BHPian

On the lighter side the five variants that can be named could possibly be -
Duster (basic)
Duster Plus
Cleaner
Blower
VCleaner (Vacuum Cleaner)
Just kidding folks. Couldn't quite understand why Duster name was chosen.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 13:12   #834
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : The Renault Duster Official Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 10:13. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks