Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 07:15   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I'll buy 5 of them at 15K I think you meant 15 lakhs ex showroom unless SVP was confused
Obviously 15L! Sorry for that slip !
Vehicle looks well built and if the top of the line comes at 13-14L, starting at 12L, we then some really smoking competition and new sector opening up. The compact SUV segment.

May be then others will think. RVR, RAV4 and so on.
Old 18th February 2011, 15:27   #47
BHPian

I guess Renault Koleos is coming in that range mentioned [ 15L ] .
Duster is a Scorpio competition , So you can gues the price !
Old 26th February 2011, 00:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Renault has publicly announced the future launches of Koleos & Fluence first, so I am guessing the Duster will only come after these two are here. So its going to take a while :(

I am seriously considering buying one if it comes under my budget.

Here's one video worth sharing:

Old 26th February 2011, 17:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive hasn't hit the stand here yet, but the cover says it all!

2012 launch

7 lakh onwards.

@mods: Can we now please move it to the indian car section?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-odcover1600x1200px_657x491.jpg  

Old 28th February 2011, 21:15   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I just bought the latest Overdrive and the article on the DUSTER is quite well written.
I think that if as they predict, this vehicle is destined to turn up in India around mid 2012 (say another year and a quarter from now give or take), the SUV firmament in India will be quite welcoming of it. More particularly if they manage to price it right - 7-9 lacs range. 4x4 at 9 lacs + taxes and insurance will still work out to only about 10.5 on road which makes for a superb deal.
Best of all, it will come with all those essential safety features at a reasonable price. Renault may not be a badge with great snob value and all that, but going by the article, I think the SUV will be a pretty useful one all in all.
Finally we will probably see the decade long reign of the Safari's and Scorpio's begin to wane. And I think frankly it is about time too. Perhaps with the advent of vehicles like the Duster at such competitive pricing, our Indigenous manufacturers will see the point in offering at least safety features as standard options across variants and at a reasonable price.
M&M may be bringing in the W201 et al but I think that product will take at least one or two years to stabilize completely in the marketplace and with consumers.
Till then the little Duster will be the perfect vehicle for the SUV craving urbanite.
It would be a perfect little lateral upgrade from the old gen Scorpio or Safari no doubt about it.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th February 2011 at 21:18.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

OD ranks Duster as a better product than Scorpio, if it is offered at a similar price range. If launched cheaper, it is even better!!

They have also written that there is a global facelift expected in 2012 and chances are that we will get the new look.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:36   #52
BANNED

yes I would agree with them. Lets remember that Renault has a long and hoary history of automobile design and manufacture , much of it original.
The Duster if priced similar to the Scorpio is bound to be better value for money and a better product overall.
I am certainly looking forward to the Duster's arrival - my only slight concern will be the size in comparison to the Scorpio etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
OD ranks Duster as a better product than Scorpio, if it is offered at a similar price range. If launched cheaper, it is even better!!

They have also written that there is a global facelift expected in 2012 and chances are that we will get the new look.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:18   #53
BHPian

Duster will definitely be a better product than Scorpio/Sumo Grande in terms of refinement and build quality. The 7Lacs mentioned seems to be a bit optimistic for a 4x4 SUV, but they can surely price the 4x2 variant in that range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
M&M may be bringing in the W201 et al but I think that product will take at least one or two years to stabilize completely in the marketplace and with consumers.
The W201 is going to priced against the Aria, so don't think it will cause any trouble for the Duster.

Last edited by harishnair : 28th February 2011 at 22:21.
Old 28th February 2011, 23:03   #54
Team-BHP Support

Even at 10-12L ex-showroom with good quality of build and equipment, it would be worth it. Meanwhile, we also need to wait and watch for Korando. Even that should be rolled at the same price point.
Old 28th February 2011, 23:49   #55
BHPian

I am pretty impressed with this vehicle. If Renault prices it right it will be a big hit. From all accounts online its a capable though not a glamorous vehicle, more robust and reliable than flashy and impressionable.

A very good comparison of the Duster vs the Yeti
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfp...yeti-test_auto

A comprehensive off-road review of the capabilities - this is hardcore off-roading and very compelling evidence of its capabilities
Old 1st March 2011, 00:10   #56
BANNED

i dont think the korando will be in this price range. The rexton on the other hand may be around there. Given the promise of some good action in this reasonably priced suv segment,it may be the right time for chevy to bring in a facelifted diesel powered forester or outback from their subaru and holden repertoire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even at 10-12L ex-showroom with good quality of build and equipment, it would be worth it. Meanwhile, we also need to wait and watch for Korando. Even that should be rolled at the same price point.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Renault may not be a badge with great snob value and all that
Bit harsh that! Though in India I guess by introducing something like the Logan, maybe what you say is true here!

I drove a Renault Megane in the UK for 5 years, and absolutely loved it. The newer Megane and its next model up, the Laguna were both awesome looking car as well.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:50   #58
BHPian

As per OD 7 lakhs starting for a 4 x 2 base model, but still at 10 lakhs it is a better deal. Basically it uses the chassis and engine of the Logan ? This will be defenitely a benchmark SUV for all indian manufacturers. MM.s looks and finish are out dated but still it is costly, now we know...and what about Primier SUV then !!!

Mahindra Scorpio (2005 - 2011) - Prices & Specs - Drive Arabia >> UAE (Dubai / Abu Dhabi), Saudi, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait & GCC
Old 9th March 2011, 19:56   #59
BHPian

now that the partnership was broken with a bad taste between Renault & M&M. As they say nothing is as bad for a Man (M&M) as a Woman (Renault) scorned. Now let us see if Renault will make M&M pay (in the market), and make us all happy.
Old 10th March 2011, 13:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

About time we get an affordable alternative to the 2 Indian offerings in the segment - the boat and the (now ugly) beast! The Dacia is built on a low cost platform and similar drive train. If launched with a sub 10 lac price, it will not only be an alternative to the boat and the beast, but also for the C-segment customers looking to re-claim their lives.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks