Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 11:02   #151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

interesting news indeed
even i got a similar reply via their facebook page
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I wrote to Renault about the launching of Duster in India, within 2 hrs I get below reply.

Dear Mr.pawan ,

We thank you for the interest you are showing in Renault product. Launching of Duster is a part of new model plan which is yet to be finalized. We shall keep you informed once the plan is rolled out.

Thank you so much for your patience .

For any Further details you can always contact us on our customer care number that is 1800-300-44444

Regards,
keerthi.s
Old 17th May 2011, 11:18   #152
BHPian

I'm lining up for the Duster as well

Here is a pic from Renault site. Jul 2012 for Duster.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ext-3-yrs.html

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-1.jpg

Last edited by designersf : 17th May 2011 at 11:20.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:17   #153
Senior - BHPian

Interiors of the 2012 'Renault' Duster (not Dacia), which is to be sold in Russia:

Courtesy: IAB & Dacia Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-2012renaultduster.jpg  

Old 17th May 2011, 18:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

Well, Duster has score 3/5 stars at EuroNCAP. Not a very good score. The new Swift has 5/5, i20 5/5, ritz 4/5, i10 4/5.
IIRC, Duster is based on Logan's stretched platform. Logan also scored 3/5. Here is the link.
Yes, in the above scores, there were multiple airbags, etc. but IMO, this score for duster should have been better.

But overall, if this car is priced below Rs. 10 lakh OTR with that diesel, even saloons will get hit.
Old 17th May 2011, 19:32   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Well, Duster has score 3/5 stars at EuroNCAP. Not a very good score. The new Swift has 5/5, i20 5/5, ritz 4/5, i10 4/5.
IIRC, Duster is based on Logan's stretched platform. Logan also scored 3/5. Here is the link.
Yes, in the above scores, there were multiple airbags, etc. but IMO, this score for duster should have been better.
Details taken from NCAP website. Has the model name, the year tested in, the stars it got and the safety equipment it had.

Dacia Duster 2011 ***:
Front seatbelt load limiters
Driver frontal airbag
Front passenger frontal airbag
Side body airbags
Side head airbags

Suzuki Swift 2010 *****:
Front seatbelt pretensioners
Driver frontal airbag
Side body airbags
Side head airbags
Driver knee airbag

i20 2009 *****:
Driver frontal airbag
Side body airbags
Side head airbags

Ritz (Splash) 2008 ****:
Driver frontal airbag
Side body airbags

i10 2008 ****:
Driver frontal airbag
Side body airbags

For the Scorpio, I could only find this:

ANCAP crash results - Scorpio Pikup Twin Cab 2007 **:

But this particular had no ABS or Airbags.

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/conne...df?MOD=AJPERES
Old 17th May 2011, 19:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Interiors of the 2012 'Renault' Duster (not Dacia), which is to be sold in Russia:
The interiors on the one I have seen (yeah yeah, I know you are bored of my "spottings" of the Duster ) , had a similar interior layout, with a yellow+orange backlight for all the buttons.
Old 17th May 2011, 20:27   #157
BHPian

Renault is really working hard to get the best deal for us.. at least it looks that way. I am so praying they don't over price it. It will be the perfect getaway 4X4 I always wanted. GC looks good, space is good enough, power? yet to be seen. A 4x4 version OTR under 9 lakhs will be great.

Scorpio at a hike.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:18   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Renault is really working hard to get the best deal for us.. at least it looks that way. I am so praying they don't over price it. It will be the perfect getaway 4X4 I always wanted. GC looks good, space is good enough, power? yet to be seen. A 4x4 version OTR under 9 lakhs will be great.

Scorpio at a hike.

+1. With the current spec, anything above 10L will be a disaster for Renault. Eagerly waiting for the launch in India. Ticks all the boxes and promises to be affordable urban SUV with diesel economy..

A request to Mods, Please move this thread to the Indian Car section given all the indicators of July-12 launch.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:53   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post

Courtesy: IAB & Dacia Forum.
Is it just me or does anybody feel that the dash is slightly tilted to the right (favouring RHD)? Or is it just the angle in which the picture is taken?

The new interiors look good. Hope the updated one makes it to India.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:06   #160
Senior - BHPian

Its a cell cam, so it must be the picture!
Old 18th May 2011, 20:09   #161
BANNED

agree with this statement. many of us seem to be keenly waiting for this vehicle. power should not be an issue. the same 1.5 Dci motor powers the Nissan X Trail and while that is not a super powered vehicle it is more than adequate for normal needs. anyway one wouldnt really be attempting the land speed record in an SUV of this kind now, would one? in the duster this motor will shoot out 90-105 bhp approx as per the speculation on the India spec.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

Scorpio at a hike.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 18th May 2011 at 20:10.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
agree with this statement. many of us seem to be keenly waiting for this vehicle. power should not be an issue. the same 1.5 Dci motor powers the Nissan X Trail and while that is not a super powered vehicle it is more than adequate for normal needs. anyway one wouldnt really be attempting the land speed record in an SUV of this kind now, would one? in the duster this motor will shoot out 90-105 bhp approx as per the speculation on the India spec.
cheers
If that is the case when it comes to power we should be more than happy, if it does 120km/hr on the highway without making me site tight, and take the tar less road without much fuss, thats it.
Old 19th May 2011, 00:35   #163
BHPian

dustercommunity.de - there is a lot of info here including owner reviews, roadtests, pics, videos etc however it is in german I think and needs to be translated. Attaching some pics I found to give perspective on size and design.

I have mixed feelings about this, its not a good looking car as you can see below. Its functional, not a premium car in the sense we understand it, its all utility and function, basic stuff with robust performance and is priced to reflect that in foreign market. However even there the top end model 4x4 110bhp diesel costs around 18000 euros so it will not exactly be cheap here. The prices range from 15500 to 19000 euros for the different trims including the lower spec 90bhp dci 4x2.

And given most manufacturers here have a propensity to overprice the cars and add a 'premium' tag to it so I don't see why Renault will do otherwise.

No one likes leaving money on the table so if they can get away with a few lakhs more in a relatively inelastic marketplace given the wide disparities in income here why not. Scorpio at 15 and Safari at 13 are examples of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-artgenossen-2.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-foto3.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-duster004-community-1.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-duster1.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-5622032.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-kdscf3195.jpg  

Last edited by raul : 19th May 2011 at 00:43.
Old 19th May 2011, 05:21   #164
BHPian

The last photo is a bit weird - The guys looks like at least 7 feet tall or is it the miniature version of duster?
Old 19th May 2011, 06:32   #165
BANNED

at this moment we are all speculating
but if renault stay true to their promise of providing a functional capable loaded little utility vehicle to the mass consumer at an affordable price I guess it will be ok.
it s not a premium vehicle. only an utilitarian one. but thats exactly what some of us want! in any case ref the pricing, they are launching the Koleos at a higher price so this should by rights slot into the segment below the Koleos, in which case it becomes a nice value offering for the average man who want a functional vehicle for daily use and weekend jaunts.
even for the top end at the equivalent of 18000 euros, it can be a scorpio and safari beater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post

I have mixed feelings about this, its not a good looking car as you can see below. Its functional, not a premium car in the sense we understand it, its all utility and function, basic stuff with robust performance and is priced to reflect that in foreign market. However even there the top end model 4x4 110bhp diesel costs around 18000 euros so it will not exactly be cheap here. The prices range from 15500 to 19000 euros for the different trims including the lower spec 90bhp dci 4x2.

And given most manufacturers here have a propensity to overprice the cars and add a 'premium' tag to it so I don't see why Renault will do otherwise.

No one likes leaving money on the table so if they can get away with a few lakhs more in a relatively inelastic marketplace given the wide disparities in income here why not. Scorpio at 15 and Safari at 13 are examples of this.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 19th May 2011 at 06:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed