Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 15:09   #286
Team-BHP Support

re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Thanks Zulfi. Based on what I have been currently, nothing seems to fit better than this one.
My only thoughts was that I should not neglecting new diesels on the horizon (even if they are on sedans). But the first choice seems to be Duster only!

EDIT: In other words, we get the same engine for Duster, where the new sedans/hatches are getting next generation engines.

By looking at this type/kind of vehicle, are we missing something? That was the only doubt.
But I guess it does not matter much, comparing to the huge advantages we get.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2011 at 15:16.
Old 21st June 2011, 15:17   #287
BHPian

Life of the Air filter at 90000 KM is only possible in European countries, as well service interval of 30,000 is not possible in India.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:00   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Life of the Air filter at 90000 KM is only possible in European countries, as well service interval of 30,000 is not possible in India.
Even if they do keep it at that (30000kms), we auto fanatics will not be satisfied unless we visit the service station at least once in 10,000kms, otherwise we would feel really guilty of not maintaining our prized possession.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:21   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My only thoughts was that I should not neglecting new diesels on the horizon (even if they are on sedans). But the first choice seems to be Duster only!

EDIT: In other words, we get the same engine for Duster, where the new sedans/hatches are getting next generation engines.

By looking at this type/kind of vehicle, are we missing something? That was the only doubt.
Given a choice even I would want a new tech engine, but the 1.5 dci what we are getting here is very well proven in real terms on our roads also has a decent economy and power. Not to forget Duster is coming to us at an affordable price, if it was a new tech engine it would also cost more.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:38   #290
Senior - BHPian

Breaking: First Official Confirmation On Duster's India Lauch:

Our fourth car for the Indian market will be a SUV and its the Duster. We will launch it in the second half of 2012: Philippe Klein, Renault Executive Vice President (Product Planning and Program)

Source: Renault to take on Maruti Swift, Volkswagen Polo; to launch hatchback during Auto Expo 2012 - The Economic Times

Mods, its time to rename and move the thread to Indian Car Scene.

Last edited by ashutoshb : 21st June 2011 at 16:43.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:05   #291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Breaking: First Official Confirmation On Duster's India Lauch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Our fourth car for the Indian market will be a SUV and its the Duster. We will launch it in the second half of 2012: Philippe Klein, Renault Executive Vice President (Product Planning and Program)
End of 2012 is how I'd read that, and perhaps a reason to be demotivated because of the long wait!
Thanks though for sharing.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:23   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Given a choice even I would want a new tech engine, but the 1.5 dci what we are getting here is very well proven in real terms on our roads also has a decent economy and power. Not to forget Duster is coming to us at an affordable price, if it was a new tech engine it would also cost more.
Only thing to note would that the engine would have to be made compliant to latest emission norms that would be prevailing then. That may warrant some changes. I it makes it better.

Great to know that 2012 will see the Duster in India!
Old 21st June 2011, 20:09   #293
BHPian

The price of Renault Duster 4x4 diesel top end version (with all possible accessories) in Ukraine is 184900 rph (1 $ is 8.09rph), about 10.5 lakhs, in France however, it is between €16,900 to €18,900 OTR, about 12 Lakhs. Now wait and see to whom we will be compared to in pricing.
Old 21st June 2011, 21:31   #294
BHPian

Latest good news on Duster for India, Renault confirms launch in 2012 (no mention of which month it will be) as predicted it will be very close to the Brazil model (refurbished interiors and new grill) the engine will remain 1.5 dci. Price however is still predicted at 7 to 10lakhs.
New Renault Duster Images, Renault Duster India launch confirmed in 2012 | DWS Auto India
Old 21st June 2011, 21:57   #295
Team-BHP Support

All we now wait to hear is what Renault does to their service and dealer network.
That would be the most important part of the whole story.
Old 22nd June 2011, 00:02   #296
Senior - BHPian

They showed the South American / Russian look here in Delhi:
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-duster-delhi.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2011, 06:27   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Latest good news on Duster for India, Renault confirms launch in 2012 (no mention of which month it will be) as predicted it will be very close to the Brazil model (refurbished interiors and new grill) the engine will remain 1.5 dci. Price however is still predicted at 7 to 10lakhs.
New Renault Duster Images, Renault Duster India launch confirmed in 2012 | DWS Auto India
And autocar india also have a news piece which says that the launch will be somewhere in the 2nd half of next year. A bit too far indeed.
Old 22nd June 2011, 07:07   #298
Team-BHP Support

So the other question is about back up plans. If not the Duster, then what?
Surely no Safarai/Scorp for me. They are too big for my requirements. 5-seaters is all that I need.

I was desperately looking for something like Fusion which I currently drive. There is nothing that comes even close to it.
So would be forced to look at Hatch/Sedan diesel versions.
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:07   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So the other question is about back up plans. If not the Duster, then what?
Surely no Safarai/Scorp for me. They are too big for my requirements. 5-seaters is all that I need.

I was desperately looking for something like Fusion which I currently drive. There is nothing that comes even close to it.
So would be forced to look at Hatch/Sedan diesel versions.
Well, the good news is that you have some good options to look at (especially in the diesel sedan space), especially with the launch of New Fiesta and Verna
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:46   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, the good news is that you have some good options to look at (especially in the diesel sedan space), especially with the launch of New Fiesta and Verna
You spoke my mind! Thats exactly even where I am heading to. The only issue is, in spite of best in engines, they do not scope from a practicality/utility point of view. With the kind of roads, that we drive in Bangalore, I am very contended with the Fusion. In fact after the announcement of 1.5 Fiesta petrol, I am loving my 1.6 100BHP Duratech even more! When my change is due, I have virtually no choice from utility hatch point of view.

Here is my process of eliminaation/selection:

- Polo discounted for space. Fabia for familiar reasons.
- Punto again for space/services (though would take another look).
- I had my thoughts on I20 CRDI and Jazz.
- Jazz 1.5 petrol would have been ideal, but it went out of window once Honda is not planning to bring it in. Then petrol prices also started rising. Hence this was also chucked off.
- I20 CRDI seems to fit the bill, but questions on boot space, GC and steering feedback (not the rattle issue, which I think is now fixed) remain. Handling in city and highways : Not much of an idea. (But I have not heard good reviews about it. Need to confirm though)

So in the hatch that is the one which remains apart from Punto.

Only negative is that the engines are a generation older and the cars per se dont offer anything substantially different in utility. Hence I was also forced to look at sedans (which I am not a major fan off). Since I have been driving a Ford, Fiesta was a natural choice based on handling and tight suspension compared to Verna. So then it becomes either Fiesta or the Vento (we are talking diesels only).

So at present these are the choices if Dacia does not click. I dont want to opt for D segment diesels. They are too big for my requirements. So from this reasoning Dacia is the best dream thing which I hope comes alive! Keeping fingers crossed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed