Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 22:43   #346
BHPian

re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
This car does undergo testing too , but is for a different sort of testing (cant reveal on this thread). Lets say its something to do with the engine. Could be a possibility that "it" may be adapted to global Dusters too.
It is very heavily camo'ed. Cant see even a single body panel or even what colour it is.
@Sajo=Spy sir, please let us know something at least about Duster, we will restrict to that only.
Old 28th June 2011, 23:17   #347
BHPian

Quote:
@ashutoshb : Yep, engine and FE tests. But it could be anything you know, maybe even its future global USP..!
for sure it is not the 1.5 dci, or is it?
Old 29th June 2011, 14:08   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
for sure it is not the 1.5 dci, or is it?
Nope, its the petrol.

Quote:
@Sajo=Spy sir, please let us know something at least about Duster, we will restrict to that only.
Sorry sir, I know nothing about that project. The one time I casually said hi with a smile to the car driver who passed me by, and was met with an extremely humiliating response.
Old 11th July 2011, 19:03   #349
Senior - BHPian

A glimpse of accessories available for the Duster :

Old 12th July 2011, 07:48   #350
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

zigwheels article which I received a few days ago via the net - speculates the price to be in direct competition to the Scorpio - approx 8-10 lacs they say. they also talk about launch sometime towards the end of this year but I would take that with a pinch of salt.
However I think it worth waiting because there is absolutely no clarity from Renault themselves.
the renault website and the responses one gets from them are very poor. For example I had written in to them that the google maps pin positioning which denotes their Palace Orchards and Whitefield facilities are incorrectly positioned.
All I got was a half witted call centre type reply which said "Thank you for your interest in renault products. Your details have been forwarded to the dealer!
I hope some one from Renault India is following these comments on TBHP because I think they can do a thing or two to ramp up the quality of their call/ email centres by at least imparting the right sort of training on how to respond to specific points!
Old 12th July 2011, 10:06   #351
BHPian

@Shankar.balan,
I also have doubt if they will be able to price it under 10L seeing the kind of parts they need to import initially (they might go for high localization later but unlikely immediately) and overall product positioning in International market also.
13-15Lacs bracket is more likely.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:04   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, its the petrol.
Oh, so does that mean diesel launch date will be later than petrol ones?. Also, I too agree that hoping for below 10 Lac price is wishfull thinking.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:10   #353
BANNED

may be around 12 ish for the top end - considering that it is after all the cheapest suv in the world.
cant be easy for them - but if they really want to sweep the market they have to look at good pricing - this alone will decide the success of that vehicle in India.
Scorp and Safari may be forced to drop their margins and price themselves a little closer to reality - because what they are currently offering is absolute rubbish for the price they charge.
hopefully renault duster will be the big game changer for the utility suv joe's like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
@Shankar.balan,
I also have doubt if they will be able to price it under 10L seeing the kind of parts they need to import initially (they might go for high localization later but unlikely immediately) and overall product positioning in International market also.
13-15Lacs bracket is more likely.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:12   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Oh, so does that mean diesel launch date will be later than petrol ones?.
Sorry boss, I have no idea about all that. All I can say is, that a Micra has joined its elder brother for testing that new (or rather, segment first) technology.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:32   #355
BHPian

As per the Renault source, the launch will be end of this year or starting next year.

It will be 1.5ltr diesel engine & a Petrol engine.

Diesel will have around 140 BHP, petrol no idea.

It will be priced between 10-12L
Old 12th July 2011, 13:23   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post

140 BHP from a 1.5 L diesel !!!
Even in the EuroV compliant Duster has 110 BHP 1.5L engine. Not sure if you got the figures right.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:49   #357
BANNED

1.5 litre diesel sounds right
the actual BHP would be around 105-110 MAX
the price is also being speculated as of now and there are no clear figures. indications however are in the 8-10-12 lac area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
As per the Renault source, the launch will be end of this year or starting next year.

It will be priced between 10-12L
Old 14th July 2011, 12:19   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
1.5 litre diesel sounds right
the actual BHP would be around 105-110 MAX
the price is also being speculated as of now and there are no clear figures. indications however are in the 8-10-12 lac area.
The so called reputed publications have contradictory reports, the supplementary edition of Zigwheels in TOI today is carrying a full article on Duster showing the same old pictures of Dacia Duster interior & exterior and even quoting that this is the car that is coming to India, further suggesting that this is the 'THIRD' offering from Renault after Logan & Fluence, no mention of Koleos!!
They still maintain the expected pricing at 7 to 8 Lakhs though.

The other one is 'What Car' magazine July 2011 (of Autocar publication), which quotes that the Duster will come in mid 2012 after the Koleos, showing latest pictures.
But the shocker is that it will come with 2.0 litre diesel engine!! No further details of the engine or the pricing except that it will be priced below the Koleos & competitively. There is a further mentioning that Duster will be competing with the Mahindra W201 (no mention of it competing with Safari & Scorpio). What is interesting is the future launches box that states as follows;
1. Koleos: 2-litre entry luxury diesel SUV: End - 2011.
2. Duster: 2-litre diesel SUV: Mid - 2012.
3. Small Hatchback (Code:B58): Sep - 2012.
4. Entry Mid size saloon: End - 2012.
Old 15th July 2011, 06:35   #359
BANNED

i saw these contradictory reports too. no idea what to make of it.
i suppose we just have to temporarily close this thread and re-open it once things are more concrete.
else it is just idle armchair speculation that all of us are indulging in.
either way it doesnt look like anything is going to happen on this duster till sometime next year. till then let us plod on with the existing 4 wheels i guess!

Quote:
The so called reputed publications have contradictory reports, the supplementary edition of Zigwheels in TOI today is carrying a full article on Duster showing the same old pictures of Dacia Duster interior & exterior and even quoting that this is the car that is coming to India, further suggesting that this is the 'THIRD' offering from Renault after Logan & Fluence, no mention of Koleos!!
They still maintain the expected pricing at 7 to 8 Lakhs though.

The other one is 'What Car' magazine July 2011 (of Autocar publication), which quotes that the Duster will come in mid 2012 after the Koleos, showing latest pictures.
But the shocker is that it will come with 2.0 litre diesel engine!! No further details of the engine or the pricing except that it will be priced below the Koleos & competitively. There is a further mentioning that Duster will be competing with the Mahindra W201 (no mention of it competing with Safari & Scorpio). What is interesting is the future launches box that states as follows;
1. Koleos: 2-litre entry luxury diesel SUV: End - 2011.
2. Duster: 2-litre diesel SUV: Mid - 2012.
3. Small Hatchback (Code:B58): Sep - 2012.
4. Entry Mid size saloon: End - 2012.
Old 15th July 2011, 16:16   #360
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Dacia less than 9L would be a temptation in it's space, but Renault first needs to get a service network in place for the people to truly go for it. They need to go the VW way and set up a lot of company showrooms and service outlets. But do they have the financial clout and the will for this.

Somehow this too will go the fluence way if Renault does not focus on in-our-face support visibility thanks to the Logan misadventure with M&M.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks