Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 13:11   #436
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

cool. thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention. look forward to reading this snippet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Let me look out for that post. If coming in an CKD, around 20 lakhs is quite a possibility. Otherwise, it looks like Yeti is the only option you have at this moment.

Note: If I get hold of that post, I will PM you the link. This discussion maybe OT here
Old 27th August 2011, 14:10   #437
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
cool. thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention. look forward to reading this snippet!
I think he is referring to the post in X-Trail official test drive thread.

What in your opinion is X-Trail's strength vs Duster? Apart from size of course.

Last edited by mxx : 27th August 2011 at 14:24.
Old 27th August 2011, 19:26   #438
BANNED

the duster frankly may have the edge in toughness and strength having been designed specifically for rural utilitarian use and some amount of bad road battering unlike the X Trail which is more of a soccer mom school run wagon outside of India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I think he is referring to the post in X-Trail official

test drive thread.

What in your opinion is X-Trail's strength vs Duster? Apart from size of course.
Old 28th August 2011, 22:11   #439
BHPian

Given the fact that the expected launch is about a year away and we do not have any news of value or a 'scoop' of any sort - can we give this thread a bit of a rest please?
- On this note, there's hardly anything not already known on the Duster that has been discussed, repeated and 're-repeated' on this thread!
-When I find a new post on this thread of late, I check the thread just to find a re-hash or repetition of some old point.
Most of the new posts are just speculative- let's wait and watch for some real event or news before posting, shall we?
Old 31st August 2011, 15:08   #440
BHPian

Hey, just of curiosity I sent an e-mail to Renault India inquiring about the Duster launch .. however their response was negative. Though they confirmed the launch of Koleos in October..

"Thank you for your interests in our products, we regret to inform that currently there is no immediate plan for launching Duster in India. We are in the process of launching another SUV named Koleos which is scheduled to be launched during the month of Oct 2011 and the same will be updated in our website.

You can also call us on our Toll free Number “1800-300-44444” for more information.

Warm Regards,
Keerthi.S
Renault contact Center
Contact: 1800-300-44444 (Toll free - 09:00am to 08:00pm,7 days a week)"
Old 31st August 2011, 15:38   #441
BANNED

this is the same sort of stock reply I received 3 months ago when enquiring about the Koleos and again when I enquired about the Duster a month back. it is probably a fact that the call centre, consumer care centre has no clue about anything yet.
and it is also a fact that we chaps here seem to know a lot more about these prospective launches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hey, just of curiosity I sent an e-mail to Renault India inquiring about the Duster launch .. however their response was negative. Though they confirmed the launch of Koleos in October..

"Thank you for your interests in our products, we regret to inform that currently there is no immediate plan for launching Duster in India. We are in the process of launching another SUV named Koleos which is scheduled to be launched during the month of Oct 2011 and the same will be updated in our website.

You can also call us on our Toll free Number “1800-300-44444” for more information.

Warm Regards,
Keerthi.S
Renault contact Center
Contact: 1800-300-44444 (Toll free - 09:00am to 08:00pm,7 days a week)"
Old 1st September 2011, 11:29   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
this is the same sort of stock reply I received 3 months ago when enquiring about the Koleos and again when I enquired about the Duster a month back. it is probably a fact that the call centre, consumer care centre has no clue about anything yet.
and it is also a fact that we chaps here seem to know a lot more about these prospective launches.
Hehehehe .. sounds like it!!

There are dozens of website claiming launch of Duster in Summer 2012, with a variety of engine displacements and I also across Renault announces launch of Duster in India in 2012 - media.renault.com which says it can be launched anytime from now and end of 2012. Not sure whom to believe and whom not to believe!!

If the launch date is fixed, then I am searching for a buyer for my year old Figo!!!!!

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2011, 16:44   #443
BANNED

considering the alarming lack of pucca info, we might as well give this thread a rest as many others have suggested, at least until one of us pops up with a SCOOP or something like it!
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hehehehe .. sounds like it!!

There are dozens of website claiming launch of Duster in Summer 2012, with a variety of engine displacements and I also across Renault announces launch of Duster in India in 2012 - media.renault.com which says it can be launched anytime from now and end of 2012. Not sure whom to believe and whom not to believe!!

If the launch date is fixed, then I am searching for a buyer for my year old Figo!!!!!

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2011, 17:31   #444
BHPian

I am not that impressed with Renault Fluence launch as I feel the car is slightly overpriced for the underpowered diesel version. Let's see how they price this one and what engine (diesel) will be powering them.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:30   #445
BHPian

This is what i can see on the official Renault - India website - Looks like 2 more SUVs other than Koleos are on row for getting released. That too before summer 2012!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renault.jpg  

Old 7th September 2011, 08:54   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
This is what i can see on the official Renault - India website - Looks like 2 more SUVs other than Koleos are on row for getting released. That too before summer 2012!!!!!
The summer 2012 definitely looks like the Duster. Mystery surrounds the winter 2011 launch. The body shape is more like an MUV that SUV.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:01   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
If you go by the profile of the cars under wrap, I feel the one getting released this year might be the Logan Steppe and the one slated for summer 2012 to be the Duster.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:30   #448
BANNED

the people mover slated for Winter 2011 may be the Modus
but I do believe they are planning a smaller car for this launch - Im wondering if this is a case of not haviing updated their website properly with the correct silhouette.
Going by the silhouette is it possible by a long shot that it is the Sandero by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
If you go by the profile of the cars under wrap, I feel the one getting released this year might be the Logan Steppe and the one slated for summer 2012 to be the Duster.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:59   #449
BHPian

Saturday i met a person working in Nissan - Renault (Mahindra City, Chennai). He confirmed Duster will be launched mid of next year and the manufacturer test car is expect to be available before end of this year. As per him, there is more excitement for Duster inside the company to bring success and volumes similar to the countries like Romania. He also agrees, pricing going to be key but don't have any details around that.
Old 12th September 2011, 10:59   #450
BHPian

More good news:
India to be exclusive manufacturing and export hub for Renault's SUV Duster - The Economic Times

Fair use qoutes:
"India will be the exclusive manufacturing hub for all the right hand drive markets for Duster"
"Price 8-10lakhs"
strips007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks