Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 11:44   #571
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
That is the exact concern. It's already nearing Nov and no test mules have been spotted.
So this definitely looks like a 2H 2012 release.
definitely may or June 2012. And the rumor mill has let out some info that they are indeed planning to release a top spec version too. So that will be worth waiting for I guess! Man has to live in hope!
Old 25th October 2011, 13:13   #572
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
definitely may or June 2012. And the rumor mill has let out some info that they are indeed planning to release a top spec version too. So that will be worth waiting for I guess! Man has to live in hope!
So no XUV for you...waiting to see the Duster first?
Old 25th October 2011, 13:23   #573
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006

So no XUV for you...waiting to see the Duster first?
Definitely the choice is now narrowed down to the Duster, Yeti and Ford EcoSport whenever that comes. Unless of course Toyota springs a surprise by bringing us the RAV4 or something! While the XUV is a great product and very well priced I will not buy it because I don't want such a large beast anymore. I want a compact 4x4 SUV now. Maybe Hyundai will also shake itself out of its slumber and bring us the IX45 which is the new Tucson! Surely things look like they are hotting up in this segment!
Old 25th October 2011, 13:43   #574
Senior - BHPian

So the SUV or MUV rally starts. I have seen Renault Koleos recently. Looks a great car but the price is also great. To me it seems the price on the higher side for its marketing.Most of our SUV market with in 15L price and only very few customers for the SUV beyond this price tag. Let us see How Koleos survive.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:36   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely the choice is now narrowed down to the Duster, Yeti and Ford EcoSport whenever that comes. Unless of course Toyota springs a surprise by bringing us the RAV4 or something! While the XUV is a great product and very well priced I will not buy it because I don't want such a large beast anymore. I want a compact 4x4 SUV now. Maybe Hyundai will also shake itself out of its slumber and bring us the IX45 which is the new Tucson! Surely things look like they are hotting up in this segment!
Yes, the Duster, Yeti and the Eco Sport would be 5 seater SUVs that will suit our crowded urban streets the best. The Yeti is priced much higher than the other two would be (hopefully) So the EcoSport would be the real arch rival for the Duster. I like the Duster's macho wheel arches and butch stance. Engine options and pricing are two key factors that are yet to be seen though. But if priced at 8 L on-road for the base Diesel, I think this will do well
Old 25th October 2011, 16:08   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Maybe Hyundai will also shake itself out of its slumber and bring us the IX45 which is the new Tucson! Surely things look like they are hotting up in this segment!
And sorry Bro, I forgot to point this out n my previous post, the ix45 would be the Santa Fe's replacement. The Tucson's replacement is called the ix35. And even the ix35/Tucson would slot into the Yeti segment. Thus will not be direct competition to the Duster or the EcoSport
Old 26th October 2011, 09:14   #577
Senior - BHPian

With the cracker pricing on the XUV, I believe that Renault got a wake up call and presume they price the duster accordingly.
Old 26th October 2011, 14:57   #578
Senior - BHPian

Duster surely has immense road presence. I've seen one on the road outside India. Main concern is the pricing.
Old 26th October 2011, 17:55   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Duster surely has immense road presence. I've seen one on the road outside India.
I beg to disagree here sir! I have seen one inside India , parked within a few feet of it and did a walk around too. And if there is anything it lacks, its road presence. Compared to the XUV, interiors were average too. (Quick peek from the glass).
Renault should price this well below the Fluence , or it would surely bomb!

Last edited by sajo : 26th October 2011 at 17:56.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 20:05   #580
Senior - BHPian

I agree its not a looker, but people in India would surely like its looks as it's kind of Hummer-esque and Macho and it looks like a proper off-roader and not a soft-roader and I am sure that factor will help sales, provided it's priced around 6.5-8.5 lakh. Above that, it'll surely bomb! Engine would be mostly the Nissan-Renault family 1.5 DCI Diesel.

Where did you see it in India? Any pics? Not been spotted yet by anyone.
Old 26th October 2011, 20:13   #581
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I agree, Duster is NOT a looker at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-dustersouthamericanmodel_thumb.jpg  

Old 26th October 2011, 20:30   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
When compared with new entrants, this is not a looker. But after all we are not sure of the segment where it will be placed. But for me, I feel that for an entry level SUV for say 7-9 lakhs, the looks are very acceptable.
Old 26th October 2011, 20:49   #583
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I agree, but the interior is still very basic. Reminds me of the erstwhile Logan.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-duster_interior_new_picture.jpg  

Old 26th October 2011, 21:17   #584
Senior - BHPian

Looks are always subjective, but it ain't ugly for sure.

Quote:
I agree, but the interior is still very basic. Reminds me of the erstwhile Logan.
What you've posted is the older model. I have attached a pic of the interior of the 2011 model.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renault_duster__imagem_161.jpg  

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-renaultdusterinterior1600x343.jpg  

Old 26th October 2011, 22:41   #585
BHPian

Quote:
If Renault launch Duster diesel A/T mid variant with ABS @ 10.5L and see how it becomes a darling
Closed Thread

Most Viewed