Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 20:08   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Not to me, if the pricing of the Pulse is anything to go by. I don't expect the Duster for that price as it would literally kill the Pulse. Expect at least 8L for the petrol.
Yup even I feel the price will not be that cheap. But even then if they manage to price the Diesel at around 10L OTR then I think they would have done a good job. Many might even shrug there C segment sedan and go ahead with the Duster.
Old 7th January 2012, 21:45   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup even I feel the price will not be that cheap. But even then if they manage to price the Diesel at around 10L OTR then I think they would have done a good job. Many might even shrug there C segment sedan and go ahead with the Duster.
+1 to that. I was never considering to upgrade from my current hatch to a SUV, but then couple of months back I had a nasty tyre burst going over a crater on NH50 in pitch darkness. This completely changed my perspective towards SUVs & I can vouch for sure my upgrade won't be a sedan, but a SUV. Either the Duster or the Ecosport, but nothing bigger than that. I want a very versatile SUV which can fit in my apartment parking without any fuss, make my home-office-home commute a breeze & most importantly take our family of 5 with loads of luggage on long drives with equal ease. Yes an oil burner is the preferred choice, but then if the Ecoboost (on the Ford Ecosport) lives upto its name then I am game for that as well.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 7th January 2012 at 21:47.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 12:55   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

Expect a pricing between 7 L - 11 L for the Duster, which will come in 5 variants. It might take on the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Ford EcoSport and possibly the XA Alpha as well.

From Autocar -

Quote:
When launched, the Duster will come with five variants, which include a base 1.6-litre petrol version at a price of approximately Rs. 7 lakh and the 1.5-litre diesel that currently powers the Fluence. The diesel engine will be available in two states of tune — an entry-level 85bhp version and a top-of-the-line 110bhp variant.

Unlike the Ford EcoSport, the Duster won’t qualify for excise cuts as it is longer than four metres. But one can still expect aggressive pricing in the range of Rs. 7-11 lakh. Renault has ambitious plans of selling 50,000 units every year, a part of which will be exports to right-hand-drive markets like the UK.
Pics courtesy BSM:

Side -

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-1325934900a4475.jpg

Rear -

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-1325934900b4475.jpg

Interiors -

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-1325934900c4475.jpg

Front -

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-1325934900d4475.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th January 2012 at 12:57.
Old 8th January 2012, 20:28   #814
BHPian

:'( There's almost zero coverage on the Duster. Its really disappointing. At least expected to see the interiors (If at all they were shown to the junta out there).

From the last but one image above, looks like the rear seats are adjustable!!

C'mon all you lucky folks who were there in the expo, please put up some more info on Duster!! Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassseeee .......
Old 8th January 2012, 20:53   #815
BHPian

The rear looks weird in the above pics (Just my opinion). It is just plain and not tastefully done. I hope they do something about the rear before the launch in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
:'( There's almost zero coverage on the Duster. Its really disappointing. At least expected to see the interiors (If at all they were shown to the junta out there).

C'mon all you lucky folks who were there in the expo, please put up some more info on Duster!! Pleeeeeeeaaaaaassseeee .......
Do not worry too much about the interiors. From the Renault duster videos, the interiors do not look too different from the Logan (Now Verito).
If you have been in a Logan/Verito, you have definitely been in a Duster. Albeit at a little more height.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 8th January 2012 at 20:56.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:14   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
If you have been in a Logan/Verito, you have definitely been in a Duster. Albeit at a little more height.
And Duster is completely based on Logan platform.
Old 9th January 2012, 06:27   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT

Apparently they have blacked out the windows to prevent people seeing the interior as they are upgrading it compared to the European version...as per Autocar episode I watched yesterday.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:43   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Sure will do, but it seems that the Dealer does not have them and I got the below response from Renault on requesting on their website, as of now Duster does not figure on the list of products offered.
Another mail from Renault:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing to Renault India customer care, I
appreciate your interest shown in our Renault Duster.

I regret to inform you that we will not be able to share the
product brochure as we are yet to launch our Renault duster
in India .

once the product is launched the same will be
updated in our website and I kindly request you to get back
to us once the product is launched.

Warm Regards,
Keerthi.S
Renault contact Center
Old 10th January 2012, 00:23   #819
BHPian

ACI still maintains that it will come @ 8 L ex-showroom, but only 2wd will be launched. If at all a 4x4 comes it will be @ 10 L (OTR about 12 L in Bangalore). But 2WD @ 10 L OTR in Bangalore should be OK if not great.
And it only shares the platform with Logan and most of the other things are very different in the version which will be launched here in India. Remember Logan was launched as a budget offering, but Duster is not going to be launched that way, it will be a premium compact SUV, Ford Ecosport could be more expensive eventually though it will be taking advantage of under 4m taxation unlike Duster which is much more longer than 4 meters. Certainly the mini SUV to look for, its capable, rugged, practical and value for money, if it sticks to the price.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:26   #820
Senior - BHPian

On a whim did a size comparison of the Duster with some of the SUV's available, it holds up well as far as the size is concerned, however it would have been great if it came with 17" tyres.
Attached Images

Last edited by m_upreti : 10th January 2012 at 14:41.
m_upreti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 14:34   #821
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

would you be kind enough to do a similar addition to this and including the Yeti as well?
L - 4223mm
W- 1793mm
H - 1691mm
WB- 2578mm
GC 180mm
Boot space (litres) - 416 (all seats in place)
Kerb Weight - 1543kg
GVW - 2045 kg
Fuel Tank capacity - 60Litres

Quote:
On a wim did a size comparison of the Duster with some of the SUV's available, it holds up well as far as the size is concerned, however it would have been great if it came with 17" tyres.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th January 2012 at 14:35.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:44   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
would you be kind enough to do a similar addition to this and including the Yeti as well?
L - 4223mm
W- 1793mm
H - 1691mm
WB- 2578mm
GC 180mm
Boot space (litres) - 416 (all seats in place)
Kerb Weight - 1543kg
GVW - 2045 kg
Fuel Tank capacity - 60Litres
Sure, will do and try to add some more comparable details.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:41   #823
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks!
Perhaps things like effective no of seats, F.E (City/Highway), price (ex showroom) in major cities/states, Tyre sizes, Rim/Wheel sizes, etc?

like most Automags give or even Carwale gives, perhaps we should get one similar spec comparo on TBHP too.
But this would certainly warrant a completely different "view" thread - where one can write in and request Admin/ Mods to actually carry out the changes. We could I guess, create the base document for this if you're willing.
Cheers!

Quote:
Sure, will do and try to add some more comparable details.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th January 2012 at 15:43.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:15   #824
Senior - BHPian

Saw it in Expo, my views is that styling is not very aggressive. Looks more on lines of Force One. So The company needs to price is very dynamically. The stall was quite happening with live performances etc.

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-image_011.jpg

Renault Duster. EDIT : Now confirmed for India!-image_010.jpg
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 16:26   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Even if this is launched, hope they don't call it 'Duster' here. There will be one too many kids crying to their dad coz their friends said they 'travel in a duster'
My 5 year old is a cars freak & loved the looks of the vehicle but asked me if we would use it to wipe things when I told him the name Duster.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed