Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 12:30   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
One of my colleague recently visited our Blr office for few days and he came back saying that he couldn't find a GP in Blr roads whereas in Kerala roads there are some running. I think Fiat is selling comparatively better in Kerala?
Yeah. Fiat cars sell more in kerala i guess.
Recently spent a week in a Trivandrum as my father was admitted in a hospital there. And i saw many palios stiles, puntos and Lineas everyday. Even the number of TATA private cars was more(i mean the ratio).
Has it got to do with TATA dealerships in kerala being better than the rest of India or Keralites fondness for Fiat?

In Chennai its very diffucult to spot a punto, though you can spot a Linea more frequently.
Old 9th January 2010, 21:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Yeah. Fiat cars sell more in kerala i guess.
Recently spent a week in a Trivandrum as my father was admitted in a hospital there. And i saw many palios stiles, puntos and Lineas everyday. Even the number of TATA private cars was more(i mean the ratio).
Has it got to do with TATA dealerships in kerala being better than the rest of India or Keralites fondness for Fiat?
In Chennai its very diffucult to spot a punto, though you can spot a Linea more frequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
True, I was in Waynad last week and saw a lot of Swifts and Ritz, but Diesels. Also surprisingly A stars were very common and so were Grande Sumos. Saw may Lineas as well.
Yes, many Fiats in Kerala, including older Palios / Unos and the present day Palio Stile/GP/Linea.

I don't think it is only because of the TATA dealerships here because if it is the case then how come these many older Palios too?

I do not know the credibility of this claim but Kulathunkla Motors (TATA/Fiat) head quartered in Trivandrum says that they are the no.1 Fiat cars seller in south India, in terms of the sales volumes.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:21   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Prices of Linea 1.4 Emotion pack (Ex-showroom Hyd):

Upto March'09 : 7 L
Now: 7.47 L

Thats quite a big increase! Hope they are offering better things for that price increase.
When I booked in Mar'09, the price for 1.4 petrol Emotion Pk was Rs. 6.87 Lacs ex-showroom Mumbai

But, we never had anything free, remember?
Now after 45 K increase, some corp discount/ Insurance worth 15 to 20K, extended warranty worth 5,350/-, accessories worth 3-4 K are generally offered free. This totals to almost 25-30K. If you take that into account Price increase is only 15-20K
Old 11th January 2010, 08:47   #64
MCR
BHPian

I find no use for this thread unless price rise is the only topic. No body can predict the future. Who would have thought GM would go Bankrupt?? So dear BHPians please limit the discussion only to price rise. Else this thread is just a speculative blog. This is just IMHO. No offence meant to anybody.
Old 11th January 2010, 08:51   #65
BHPian

is there any news of imrovements comming in this price increased version??
Old 11th January 2010, 10:48   #66

Hi guys, i am planning to buy Fiat Linea Em PK-Petrol. but confusion is this shall I buy in this month (Jan 2010) or in march(financial year end ), what I am predicating in march the discount will be more compare to Jan- I am not sure,

Requested to your opinion/suggestion on this
Old 11th January 2010, 12:05   #67
BHPian

I agree with finney...Fiat needs to build a profitable business in order to ensure their longetivity in India... with cost of inputs going up it was inevitable that they would raise prices at some point of time...

The Linea especially is doing reasonably well in sales even a year after it's launch..
Old 11th January 2010, 12:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantbhat View Post
Hi guys, i am planning to buy Fiat Linea Em PK-Petrol. but confusion is this shall I buy in this month (Jan 2010) or in march(financial year end ), what I am predicating in march the discount will be more compare to Jan- I am not sure,

Requested to your opinion/suggestion on this
Go for T-Jet, dont buy FIRE.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
is it sure that T-jet is launching in this 1st quarter?
Old 11th January 2010, 14:35   #70

Quote:
Thanks brar.arsh, ya the T-jet is powerful engine, but i have budget constraint i can not go beyond 8+, how is the 1.4 fire engine?.
i am looking out in which moth i will get more benefits (jan or march)
Old 11th January 2010, 16:04   #71
BHPian

obviously march, in jan they have insurance, extended warranty and 4 year road side assistance bundled in 8000 rupees.
So in march at the end of fiscal they will go for more offers to increase their numbers.

About TJET, FIAT is saying that it will launch it in March end or early April, but many members are saying that it can be expected much earlier than that.

Anyways i have already booked Lina MJD and expecting delivery by 23rd.
Old 11th January 2010, 20:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
obviously march, in jan they have insurance, extended warranty and 4 year road side assistance bundled in 8000 rupees.
So in march at the end of fiscal they will go for more offers to increase their numbers.

About TJET, FIAT is saying that it will launch it in March end or early April, but many members are saying that it can be expected much earlier than that.

Anyways i have already booked Lina MJD and expecting delivery by 23rd.
hopefully that fiat will launch T-jet within 3 months but i am bit suspicious that they will launch in 1st quarter as they want to maximise their sale with the existing model and will go with a fresh start in 2nd quarter by introducing T-jet.
whatever will be their strategy but is a welcome move by fiat and i am too looking eagerly for it to grab my hands on. Also looking forward to display more color choice in T-jet apart from existing color pallette they are having.
Any news on increasing the ground clearence in T-jet apart from 16 inch alloy as existing model is a big pain as far GC is concern?
Old 11th January 2010, 20:58   #73
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantbhat View Post
how is the 1.4 fire engine?.
i am looking out in which moth i will get more benefits (jan or march)
My Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE just had her first free service after running for 2385 km. The 1.4 FIRE engine has adequate power with fantastic fuel efficiency. If you are not keen on T-jet version, go for it - earlier, the better. Do not take any chance.

Old 11th January 2010, 23:49   #74
BHPian

Today i got a call from the Fiat dealer. According to the Sales executive the price hike for emotion+ is 12k. So OTR has risen from 9.26L to 9.38L. But the discount has also risen from 20k to 28k. Also cut off chassis also has reached with the dealer it seems. 2010 model linea starts rolling out by jan end itself.
Old 12th January 2010, 08:40   #75
BHPian

ya i am getting 2010 model on 23rd only..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks