Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 20:52   #16
BHPian

Actually there is no comment from FIAT about the change in plastics and interiors.
Dont know that it will be coming or not.
Can anyone please tell if there is any better alternative to Linea Diesel Dynamic in same price range??
Old 4th January 2010, 21:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Linea + Punto is anyway selling well according to their expectations, if not burning sales charts!
As per this press release from Tata (the horse's mouth?), Fiat sold a total of 18,087 cars in 2009. In Dec '09, the figures are 1008 cars (Linea vs. Punto vs. Palio breakup is not provided). In the same month, the Indigo range (showcased in the same showroom) sold 5106 cars! Are these sales levels in accordance with Fiat's expectations? Are they burning sales charts?
Old 4th January 2010, 21:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yeah - Manza is the reason Linea sales in particular have dipped.

Internal competition is the word.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
Can anyone please tell if there is any better alternative to Linea Diesel Dynamic in same price range??
The word 'better alternative' is subjective, but take a look at the diesel variants of Fiesta, Verna and Manza.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure that Fiat was not able to absorb the input costs - that's why they had to increase the prices. The Fiat management must be aware of the effect on sales that this will have, and would have avoided it if at all possible in an environment where sales are going down and the competition going up.

brar.ash, did you get the revised price list from the dealer ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 4th January 2010 at 21:25.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:29   #21
BHPian

2010 - Tough for Fiat

I think the price increase though necessary is at a wrong time. Sales of Fiat are plummeting and competition is getting fierce. This is going to be a testing next few months for Fiat. Anyways it is better to make some money by selling fewer cars than making no or negative margins by selling a larger number of cars at cost or below cost price
Old 4th January 2010, 21:33   #22
BHPian

@SDP
ya i got these from dealer.
He was not sure of Active varient, he was saying its between 7,19,000 and 7,25,000.

And sir ji i had fiesta previously, so dont want to with that fiesta or verna again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The word 'better alternative' is subjective, but take a look at the diesel variants of Fiesta, Verna and Manza.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:54   #23
BHPian

Linea is perceived currently as a real good VFM car. It remains to be seen if the image persists with the price hike. Having said that, I dont think it will be a deal breaker for many people since other manufacturers are raising prices too.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

These price rises are affecting the whole VFM package of the linea. A price rise is sometimes inevitable but then atleast justify it by improving the small niggles that your product has.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Fiat is doomed. Chevrolet will grow. Don't blame me, look at Fiat's sales figures.The culprit: manza.
IMO, Manza will affect Linea sales almost the same way Vista has affected GP's.

It can't do anything to buyers who walk in to buy a Linea or GP but it can drift the buying decisions of people who walks in to buy any car - the impulsive kind, towards Vista, Manza.

Is Manza selling in big numbers? Haven't seen one in town, apart from the test drive car yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Fiat is doomed.
Yeah! They will probably pack their bags by this year mid.

Last edited by clevermax : 4th January 2010 at 23:20.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:28   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yeah! They will probably pack their bags by this year mid.
On a very serious note- I'd say by 2010 year end, they will have to re-consider their options, unless they come up with big price reductions/ upgrades. (Even better, sell them under TATA brand name)

Reasons-
1. Just have a look at the sales figures per month. The graph is crashing down very fast.
2. FIAT cannot push prices low as volumes are less.

3. Competition is going to get very strong with VW, Toyota, Honda coming into the segments. And the current volume players Maruti, TATA and Hyundai will have to tighten their games as well.
4. Lack of ace products for Indian market scenario! Agreed Punto was their magic revival product around the globe, but not for the indian market. I dont see product in their current line up that can bring in the much-needed numbers for FIAT.
Old 5th January 2010, 07:36   #27
BHPian

i think december sales went down because of the news that they are improving the interior quality. But now the people who were waiting for it will get frustrated as there is nothing official about the interior change even after the increase in price. But i dont think anyone will change his mind for 15-20k as i am still going for linea.
Old 5th January 2010, 07:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
On a very serious note- I'd say by 2010 year end, they will have to re-consider their options, unless they come up with big price reductions/ upgrades. (Even better, sell them under TATA brand name)
Be the Fiat doomsday be anytime, we expect a scoop about it in team-bhp before it happens!
Old 5th January 2010, 07:57   #29
BHPian

how could you say about the end of fiat? its here to stay, nothing will happen due to 2pc increase as all other manufacturers are also going for same or more..
Old 5th January 2010, 07:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Is Manza selling in big numbers? Haven't seen one in town, apart from the test drive car yet.
I believe Manza is doing great numbers - ever since the introduction of Manza, TATA's Indigo numbers zoomed above 5000 figures per month - and i can bet a large chunk came from Manza.

One reason you may not be noticing them is its not a puller like Linea which gets noticed anywhere it goes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks