Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 02:51   #91
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it seems to be an intro price.

At least that is what the Chevy dealership says.

PS: I drove the i10 right after I test drove the Beat. Great competitors. And no hard feelings mate!
Old 7th January 2010, 10:30   #92
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Yes, it seems to be an intro price.

At least that is what the Chevy dealership says.

PS: I drove the i10 right after I test drove the Beat. Great competitors. And no hard feelings mate!
Cool- no issues pal, will go and drive the beat, all in all the consumer wins- from no choice to hardly any choice- to a plethora of choices...let the manufacturers slug it out and we get the best

Last edited by mkh : 7th January 2010 at 10:31. Reason: removed text not needed
Old 11th January 2010, 10:17   #93
BHPian

Chevrolet plans to launch 800cc Spark as it’s now on GM?s drawing board | SUZUKI FAN
Old 11th January 2010, 10:24   #94
BHPian

guys, would it make sense to sell my i10 to buy the beat? i have an i10 Era model (iRDE engine).

I might have to sell out extra 1L to buy the beat. But my question is does it really make sense right now? or should i wait for other small cars to be launched?
Old 11th January 2010, 11:21   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
guys, would it make sense to sell my i10 to buy the beat? i have an i10 Era model (iRDE engine).

I might have to sell out extra 1L to buy the beat. But my question is does it really make sense right now? or should i wait for other small cars to be launched?
Mutantx, how old is your car - I guess it should not be more than 2 years?
Personally I am opposed to changing cars before one crosses 5 years/100000 kms. Changing cars just to be 'up with the latest' is not really worth it IMO.
I tried the same thing and burnt my hand with computers (where things change even faster) - and guess what - I have 3 desktops, 1 laptop and countless spares sitting at home after spending a small fortune that could have easily got me a nano now a days! so you see !!
Old 11th January 2010, 14:30   #96
BHPian

The price of Beat that GM India has announced looks quiet good, may be for those who are thinking Beat as their first car. Any news on its variants ??
Old 11th January 2010, 15:48   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

Unless there is a real personal need to upgrade / change there is no point in swapping two cars that are comparable even if the new one is slightly better. Who knows after the Beat we might be in for a surprise from another manufacturer- VW, Ford, Nissan or Toyota who have all lined up their cars subsequently. My advice will be to wait until you really have an actual need and not go by launches.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:30   #98

is there value in trading in the chevy spark in place of a chevy beat ? Would they provide any loyalty buy back bonus ?
Old 11th January 2010, 17:01   #99
BHPian

TDed a Beat LT a couple of hours ago:

1. Pickup from 1st gear is pretty decent.
2. The clutch travel seemed unusually long.
3. The car looks better from the rear end. The front looks a bit mish-mashy.
4. The alloys don't look like alloys from afar. I first thought the LT option pack didn't have alloys.
5. The driver side console looks a bit confusing at first, with that SBK style speedometer but you quickly get used to it. I gunned it a couple of times just to see the rev meter climb up and toward the right.
6. The sales rep couldn't figure out the purpose of the sensor placed on the center of the dash right underneath the windshield. Another one said it read the outside temperature which seems dubious, plus there doesn't seem to be a temp readout on the digital display.
7. The frontal area for the horn on the steering wheel is pretty small. I like to grip the wheel at the 9-3 position but couldn't get my thumb across to the horn impact area.
8. The small recess to hold the driver's sunglasses is pretty neat.
9. Rear legroom and space is positively atrocious. There were 3 prospective buyers trying to fit in to prove me wrong but that involved a lot of man-on-man touching.
10. The quality of seat fabrics is strictly average.

According to the dealership price sheet, the Beat is bang in the same price bracket as the higher end models of the Spark and lower end trims of the UVa. With the Beat out, I wonder who'd buy those cars with dated interiors?
Old 11th January 2010, 17:59   #100
BHPian

Actually I am considering the highest end of the Spark as compared with the lowest end of the beat (whose prices are same). I am getting rear wipers and associated features which I do not get in the beat. Average is more or less same. I do not mind the looks of the Spark , and while I would prefer the beat - this being a simple city car (2nd / 3rd ccar thus not needed to be the best for image) , if the Spark gives more value for money then why not?
Old 11th January 2010, 19:53   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
6. The sales rep couldn't figure out the purpose of the sensor placed on the center of the dash right underneath the windshield. Another one said it read the outside temperature which seems dubious, plus there doesn't seem to be a temp readout on the digital display.
This is for the climate control. This sensor tracks where the sun is an appropriately directs more cool air to that side, i think. It's there on the swift and sx4 as well!

Most Viewed