Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 22:28   #46
BHPian

Excellent pricing from GM. It is surely going to shake up the market for small cars. Finally the i10 has some competition. ALso outdated cars like santro and wagon-r have serious competition. Way to go GM....
Old 4th January 2010, 22:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I do not think this is a competitor to I-10 at all, probably its going to give a better choice to people opting for A-Star, santro and even Wagon R, however i-10 will take something really superb in most aspects to shake its dream run on the sales charts as most of i-10 sales is the 1.2 kappa
mkh, please don't be biased towards your own vehicle. Both your posts make it feel like you are trying to rationalise your buy as correct.

The Beat has better interiors and a fresher look as compared to the Ritz.

After having spent the day at Chevy and Maruti dealers, I firmly believe that the Beat is a better buy against the Ritz.

Cars a segment below (A-Star etc) are not even being compared here.

The i10 is a great car, but so is the Beat. With a competent sales pitch, I see it being a mass player in the segment.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanku View Post
Hey Guys these are introductory prices. GM is bound to increase them later, at least that's what Overdrive's live update said. We still need to confirm the period for which these special prices are on.
Yup you're right! I don't think GM can sustain this model at these prices. The i10 is only going to face some heat temporarily.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is perfect. The car looks straight out of the avatar movie set. Groovy baby.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:26   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Man! Thats showing the price-king Maruti a thing or two about offering brand new products at really affordable prices.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

what a awesome pricing!!!. just in time when i am looking for a small car!!. going right away to dealership tomorrow
Old 4th January 2010, 23:38   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I do not think this is a competitor to I-10 at all, probably its going to give a better choice to people opting for A-Star, santro and even Wagon R, however i-10 will take something really superb in most aspects to shake its dream run on the sales charts as most of i-10 sales is the 1.2 kappa
Happy to see that you are a happy i10 customer. But don't think that i10's 1.2 Kappa is the best engine. Ritz 1.2 K-series engine is way better.

And please, don't be a blind fan of any brand. Team-BHP is not a fan club.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 4th January 2010 at 23:40.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:42   #53
BHPian

Absolutely shock pricing. Cant wait to see many of them on the road.

I checked the features list, and the base model contains Tachometer, AC, and powersteering. On the contrast, Maruti A-Star does not have Tacho even in Vxi version. A basic thing like Tacho is a Luxury item with Maruti Suzuki.
Old 5th January 2010, 00:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Being a GM India sceptic for quite some time i must agree that this is a masterstroke by them. I havent driven the car but Im pretty sure that it will be terrific VFM at these prices.
Most importantly even if these are only introductory prices, there will be quite a few Beats on the road, which is exactly what they need. Once the good word of mouth spreads it will build great reputation for the vehicle rather than rely on GM India's futile marketing/sales dept.
Fiat are u listening!!
Old 5th January 2010, 00:30   #55
BHPian

Brilliant pricing! I would say.
But the quality is to be seen. But surely Chevy is not know for bad quality.
This is something that works in India. VFM! Irrespective of the fact, what you're selling. If its VFM, then all good.
Its gonnda hit A Star and i10 in a big way. Goodluck to Chevy!

What I see right now, all the other companies are trying to kill the Maruti Fever. Clearly. And if they win, we would see a lot of new cars and VFM packages in next 5 year for sure!
Old 5th January 2010, 01:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Other than TATA, not many can beat Maruti who is the king of VFM pricing. Hopefully this trend will continue with more deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanku View Post
Hey Guys these are introductory prices. GM is bound to increase them later, at least that's what Overdrive's live update said. We still need to confirm the period for which these special prices are on.
Of course they will never disclose that. Its to get people to run to the showrooms ASAP and book. Even if they bump it up by 10-15K...its still a killer deal.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:46   #57
BHPian

I loved the way the beat looked when i first saw the pic in the GTO thread.
Now i love the prices !

For the first time i feel the indian customer is getting a car which is VFM but does not look VFM.

I feel most VFM vehicles are intentionally understated or plain ugly in their looks ( guess marketing strategy - Always keep the customer shortchanged so he wants to upgrade) because the companies feel that he or she will accept it because it is cheap.

But this car will fit into any highway, freeway or autobahn and not look out of place. In one word, it has an international look. The juicy part , with indian national pricing

A big pat on chevys shoulder for giving this to us. I hope the other manufacturers do a double take , swallow the lump in their throat and think twice about taking things for granted.

I saw this car from the rear about 4 months back in chennai and couldn't place it . Thought it was the new beetle . It looked that good. Was searching for that particular rear light assembly till i saw the "Beat testdrive" thread by GTO.

The only problem now for me is to convince my wife to use a cushion on the drivers sear so she can see over the dash assembly. lol

Quote GTO -"Why do I think so? The absence of driver seat height adjustment, keyless entry and steering mounted controls on the top end hint toward a price war." - Spot on GTO

Last edited by -NUT-case : 5th January 2010 at 01:54.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:58   #58
BHPian

Wah..Killer Price,
No Automatic?
Old 5th January 2010, 02:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yup you're right! I don't think GM can sustain this model at these prices. The i10 is only going to face some heat temporarily.
GM is targeted at sales volume and thereby capturing the market share. If there is sufficient volume, GM can easily sustain this model at these prices.

Excellent pricing and GM is becoming the new trend setter in Indian auto Industry in following aspects:
  • price & VFM
  • quality & performance
  • service guarantee (for three years)
  • looks & styling
  • features
Most of the GM cars gives descent fuel efficiency and have enough safety features. Also they are taking genuine efforts to improve the A.S.S. even in Tier3 cities.

What else a customer want?

No doubt, if marketed well, its going to be sure winner.

I hope, its a sweet answer from GM for overpriced hatches in Indian market like Honda Jazz and Skoda Fabia.

Well done....Keep the pace.....
Old 5th January 2010, 02:13   #60

I fully agree, totally VFM.

However, doesn't this leave too narrow a gap with Spark? Seems to be indicating a downward revision in Spark prices.

But GM have increased the Spark prices today by about .5%, quoting rise in input costs !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks