Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 10:06   #1
BANNED

Fiat India appoints Aicar its marketing consultant

http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/.../augmam125.htm

MUMBAI: Fiat India today announced the appointment of the Asian Institute of Communication and Research (Aicar) as its marketing advisor in India. Aicar, as part of the agreement, will be responsible to evolve marketing strategies with the company, design and execute market research, shape the brand genetics to enhance overall brand positioning to motivate existing sales force to push up sales.

With this appointment, Fiat India hopes to adopt a more holistic approach to the Indian car market by integrating its product strategies with market realities so as to meet diverse consumer needs effectively and become a strong player in the Indian passenger car market.

Commenting on the association, Fiat India managing director Paolo Castagna states, "Fiat in India has recognized that it is imperative to understand the complexity of the Indian car market and streamline our marketing processes accordingly in order to make Fiat the most preferred choice. Aicar is one of the best marketing institutes in the country producing some of the best marketing talent that the industry has today.

"With renewed commitment towards the Indian market, appointing Aicar as our marketing advisors is an important step towards comprehending the intricacies of the fast changing lifestyles of Indian consumers and adapting the insights to become a strong player in this market."

Commenting on the association, Aicar business school chairman and managing trustee Walter Saldanha says,"We strongly believe that the integration of corporates with the educational world is a unique combination through which we will offer senior strategic planning minds and our students' strength to help the company understand the market better and thereby plan more effectively."

The agreement between Fiat and Aicar is for three years

Now let me know still any one here have doubt that FIAT is going to shut down?
Old 30th August 2005, 10:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
streamline our marketing processes accordingly in order to make Fiat the most preferred choice
My take.

Deliver a geniune product to the customers accoring to their needs. From this forum, I understand FIAT will be the leader in its segment, when we talk about performance. But with only performance, we could not take it as a geniune product from the end user point of view.

The general perception is FIAT is not good at FE, ASS & it's spares are costly ( forget about the pricing).

I never had any experience with FIAT FE & cost of spares. But for me the ASS for Fiat Palio ( owned by one of my colleague) is as good as Maruti. This differs from person to person. Without addressing these points, there is no meaning in giving those marketing talks & moves.
Old 30th August 2005, 10:41   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
My take.

Without addressing these points, there is no meaning in giving those marketing talks & moves.
Since AICAR being a management institute primarily, they will take FIAT India as a case study & suggest remedial actions to address those concerns that exists with a potential customer now in India.
Old 30th August 2005, 10:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Commenting on the association, Fiat India managing director Paolo Castagna states, "Fiat in India has recognized that it is imperative to understand the complexity of the Indian car market and streamline our marketing processes accordingly in order to make Fiat the most preferred choice....

....With renewed commitment towards the Indian market, appointing Aicar as our marketing advisors is an important step towards comprehending the intricacies of the fast changing lifestyles of Indian consumers and adapting the insights to become a strong player in this market."
- he accepts that the Indian car market is complex...
- and Fiat needs to streamline their marketing...

Right man in the right place at the right time? Or do we need to tell him that the market is already there, waiting, and all they need is a total revamp of their support systems...?

anyway, this move is far more better that doing nothing at all...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 30th August 2005 at 10:51.
Old 30th August 2005, 11:24   #5

I read that too, somehow I think Paulo is trying to set some things straight, I own a Ikon and Palio and this does give me some hope on FIAT getting recognition and respect. I love my cars (both of them) but seriously if FIAT has to have a satisfied customers they need to think of after sales and technical support issues before they start making plans on extending their market share. Agreed its a good product but where is the tech support, the guys from FIAT in Pune as well the dealers seem like novices and un-trained street side mechanics with no insight into their own product (which by the way is pretty good and i whs I never needed those morons to even touch my car)
Old 30th August 2005, 11:32   #6
BHPian

What FIAT needs is not a marketing advisor, but some commonsense and antiracist mind, to launch some of its better cars in india!
Old 30th August 2005, 11:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
suggest remedial actions to address those concerns that exists with a potential customer now in India.
Let us assume that their research zeroed in with FE as only of the most important issue that needs to be addressed. If Iam not wrong, AICAR will take it forward to FIAT to do something on this.

If FIAT tries to improve the FE, will they be able to do it without affecting the existing performance? (not all car owners are car enthusiastic, hence even if affect the performance, it will reach the masses)
Old 30th August 2005, 11:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since AICAR being a management institute primarily, they will take FIAT India as a case study & suggest remedial actions to address those concerns that exists with a potential customer now in India.
IMHO, this could be the easiest case study ever conducted by the AICAR guys. All they need is just do a search on "FIAT" in Team-BHP and present all the URLs to the top man of Fiat. And ask him to take leave for three days and read all those postings....

no pun intended...
Old 30th August 2005, 12:10   #9
BANNED

yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
IMHO, this could be the easiest case study ever conducted by the AICAR guys. All they need is just do a search on "FIAT" in Team-BHP and present all the URLs to the top man of Fiat. And ask him to take leave for three days and read all those postings....

no pun intended...
gud one..

But since Italian common sense is not working in India..let these guys chip in with Indian common sense
Old 30th August 2005, 12:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But since Italian common sense is not working in India..let these guys chip in with Indian common sense
This is a cooment that I enjoyed a lot. Thanks Hasopi. LOL
Old 30th August 2005, 17:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

I am not a marketing buff, so can anyone tell me credentials of Aicar? I mean, their past clients, any successful/famous campaigns?
Old 30th August 2005, 18:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Try Google. It seems there have been a number of searches. LOL ...

There is a B-School by that name.
Old 30th August 2005, 19:13   #13
BHPian

I find this to be quite ridiculous actually...
if Fiat is really serious...& wishes to capture some serious market share...( i dont think mind share is an issue..for good or bad reasons !!!)...They should have paid some good bucks to a premier Ad/Marketing company...!!
Management Institute Projects may at best be good Case Studies...

Toyota - is taking baby steps in the right direction in India..& they say they are looking at 10% Market Share by 2010...

What is Fiat aiming for.... 0.0X % from the current 0.00X % !!!!
Old 30th August 2005, 19:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Paharino, you seem to be confusing the Ad/marketing company with Marketing research company. Both are meant to do different things and aimed at different audience. Marketing research is for the company to focus on a particular market segment with particular parameters with different levels of priorities, while Ad/marketing companies you are talking about are for presenting it to audience in effective way.
Old 30th August 2005, 22:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

this is the first step and a very good one too.
First Fiat need to find out what people expect from their brand and what are its drawbacks.that is why market research is necessary.

after this they can use this data to make effective ad campaigns addressing the main issues to gain public confidence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks