Team-BHP - AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72971-auto-expo-2010-live-feed-pics-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 1665877)
Tata just now unveiled ARIA - waiting for pics
(fresh from OD and Motoroids twitter stream)

But the Aria was a coupe that TATA showcased in 2001. See pic below

From Reuters:
It launched a 7-seater passenger car called Tata Aria, a multi-purpose vehicle called Tata Venture, and another vehicle named Magic Iris.
Tata Motors will also launch a Jaguar model at the show.

1) Wasn't there supposed to be the SLS AMG?

2) Why are the booth girls so uninspiring??

Nitro we are in recession so the hot ones must have been done in favor of these :) I too noticed it by all car companies insipid would be the word best describes this

Tata Venture is a van which comes in 5 seater / 8 seater configuration. Venture will be powered by 1.4L Indica engine developing 70bhp of peak power at 4500rpm and 135Nm of peak torque at 2500rpm (the same engine that powers the Indica Vista 1.4 TDI). The Indirect Injection, turbo charged, intercooled is coupled with five speed transmission. With a claimed maximum speed of 125km/hr + venture could be a good option for inter city travel too. Similar to winger and Omni, Venture sports sliding doors at the sides. The dimensions of the Venture are 3.9m in length, 1.5m wide and 1.8m taller. With a wheelbase of 2.1m, Venture promises spacious cabin for occupants.

Source: Vicky.in

1) About Aria. Believe it or not, the car shown in 2001 was based on Indica. And they did show some sort of MPV and that too was based on Indica.
Later on I think the MPV was developed on a new platform X2.
EDIT : I was referring to Aria coupe concept being based on earlier Indica. Realized that Indicruz Bhai has been renamed to Aria Behen.

2) Toyota Etios sedan. It looks like first generation Vios. Check out the image of first generation Vios I am attaching.
Not a good move. The car already looks old as compared to what competition is offering. This applies to hatch version too.

3) Why do we need girls in the first place at the stalls ? Because most of the cars are unexciting and old. No good stuff can be seen around atleast as of now.
I would like to hear more about :
Indicruz
New SUV by Mahindra.
Maruti YR9 ( new Wagon R ).

Check this for more details on ARIA

aa you have point on the girls good girls when the cars are bad and bad when the cars are? so far nothing great I too am looking forward to the Tata launches the world truck has really put them up there.

That toyota looked very familier could not put my finger on it until your pis :) she looks similar to chevy's Aveo in side profile I think we have better options in this segment already Toyota is wasting our time and theirs as well

hey guys!
has yamaha displayed their new 2010 r1 & fz1?if yes please post some information on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1665744)
Holy crap, this looks ugly and it still looks the same as the Versa! So what exactly was changed?

Graphics ?

Jokes Apart, this is the biggest disappointment from Maruti. I was expecting an APV.

Till now there is no news from Fiat India??

Fiat updates only tomorrow @ 10:30 AM

Toyota is building a stronghold in India. First with the highly successful Innova, then the Fortuner and now Etios. Etios is my dream car. Looks amazing and I am sure the drive quality is highly refined.

I just heard that we have a 90-bhp Punto with loads of additional features at the Auto Expo with a cost increment of just about a lakh. Somebody get me a pic of that please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 1666084)
I just heard that we have a 90-bhp Punto with loads of additional features at the Auto Expo with a cost increment of just about a lakh. Somebody get me a pic of that please!

Is the Punto Petrol or Diesel??