Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 18:54   #526
Senior - BHPian

That DC concept suv is as hideous as any other DC concept! Doesn't even look like an SUV and has gullwing doors! lol..
Old 7th January 2010, 18:55   #527
BHPian

Didn't they display the multi-axle Mercedes Bus in the Expo?
Old 7th January 2010, 18:56   #528
OEM
BHPian

[quote=khan75;1670724]black modified SX4

----------------------------------
No pics

Or did I miss something. I did see the hideous swift. Perhaps the only saving grace is the Eeko (at rs.2.75 L, i'd say it is a steal)...what say
Old 7th January 2010, 18:59   #529
OEM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That DC concept suv is as hideous as any other DC concept! Doesn't even look like an SUV and has gullwing doors! lol..
---------------------------------------------------

Agreed

i was talking about the DC done up VW bus. Thought that was a neatly executed job...

psst! The gull wing door is to stay afloat while frodding. Pity you cannot use it as an oar.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:04   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
black modified SX4
----------------------------------
No pics
Or did I miss something. I did see the hideous swift. Perhaps the only saving grace is the Eeko (at rs.2.75 L, i'd say it is a steal)...what say
Sorry, I find it quite awkward to lug a camera around while suited up.
The Eeko looks exactly like the Versa, so I'm not sure what the designers were smoking.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:46   #531
BHPian

Misc. stuff at the expo:

1. The Swift at the Kicker audio stall was just insane. I've never seen the diaphragm reverberate with so much force.
2. The JBL modified Nano was by far the hottest Tata (not tahtah ) on the show grounds.
3. Slime Pro tire sealant - at Rs 60/oz (roughly 40oz for 4 tires), it sounds like a good deal. The demo was pretty cool as well.
4. High volume CNG kits from Toyota available on the Corolla CNG or retrofitted onto existing (Current + old gen) Corollas.
5. The cafe above the Toyota display - the Toyota booth had added a bit of spice and glamor with singers and dancers and it was fun to get a birds eye view of the place.
6. The Brit ladies at the Chevy hall - It was fun chatting up with them while my associates were going gung ho about the Beat. They seemed more interested in the Fiat 500 than the Chevys.
7. Ze Germans really know how to make their women presentable. Everyone at the Merc, Audi and BMW halls was quite chatty and had a happy face. In comparison, the women at the Tata hall looked like they had been struck by a calamity of disastrous proportions.
8. The dudes with P&S cams - guys, what's with the douchebag attitude? Pushing and shoving isn't going to help and it's not like you're going to get an Oscar for your effort. If anything, I'll ensure that an elbow is shoved into your face just as you're about to pull the trigger.

I know a lot of people like to collect gifts, bags and other stuff, so:
The worst bag - The people from Elofic were all over the place and handed out carry bags that were empty.
The best - Carplus hampers with free leatherette keychains and a high quality box of tissues. Their rates aren't too bad either.
A special mention goes out to Chevrolet for their promo hampers - they were loaded to the hilt with tons of stuff, mostly crap.

Last edited by khan75 : 7th January 2010 at 19:49.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:49   #532
BHPian

JAGUAR`s mean machine!
Attached Thumbnails
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-img_1883.jpg  

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-img_1884.jpg  

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-img_1886.jpg  

Old 7th January 2010, 20:24   #533

Any news when the Ford Figo is to be launched? specs?
Old 7th January 2010, 20:37   #534
BHPian

@ Debnjai.

You have missed the info in this thread. Itseems that Ford has decided to skip this expo.
Old 7th January 2010, 20:42   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Misc. stuff at the expo:

7. Ze Germans really know how to make their women presentable. Everyone at the Merc, Audi and BMW halls was quite chatty and had a happy face. In comparison, the women at the Tata hall looked like they had been struck by a calamity of disastrous proportions.
I would add to this and say that every German woman knows how to present herself, let alone when done by a big car company. Nice observations there khan75.
Old 7th January 2010, 20:53   #536
Senior - BHPian

What's the problem with this DC guy? If you happened to spot him at the expo kindly ask him to retire ...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 7th January 2010 at 20:57.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:48   #537
BHPian

My day at the AutoExpo

Picasa Web Albums - ~~Shwetz~~ - AutoExpo 10 (I)
Picasa Web Albums - ~~Shwetz~~ - AutoExpo 10 (II)
Old 7th January 2010, 21:59   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
1) I think you forgot VW Polo, TATA Venture ( much better alternative to Versa or Omni). Also i10 electric as well as e-spark are good alternatives that are almost confirmed, atleast e-spark is. You also missed FIAT linea T-Jet and Punto with Linea engine. These are some really good launches expected in short time.

2) I still haven't counted the XJ, S500 and GL350 cdi, which are though out of reach for most people, are still good launches. Also there were some bike launches too, the main being Harley Davidson. Quite like that.

3) How can you expect new sonata to hit streets in India, when its just launched in korea, where pre-orders started in Sept 2009? First it will be launched in UK and USA and then will come here or will be launched simultaneously in India too. Please don't get your hopes too high.
i10 diesel too hasn't been launched anywhere and expected later in 2010.

4) Yes, no news about new swift are a big disappointment. Also kizashi is reportedly expected here in 2010 with a tag of 11 lakh plus.

5) On the other hand, i was expecting Hyundai to atleast show New sonata and New Tucson that is ix35 to gauge customer reaction. Guess they fall short of expectation. Same was expected from Nissan and Ford as well as Mitsubishi. Looks like they are not interested in our market.
1) Which of the have hit the streets ? T-jet is second quarter 2010. E-spark is practical but is available to general public in October 2010. VW polo is available with only one engine that too a three cylinder one. And pricing is yet not available.
Let Venture prove itself first IMHO. And I wonder how the rear door opens. There is no guiderail for sliding doors. If its integraed at sill level, its nice.
Why am I thinking that this is a Ace under the skin ?

2) Yes, lets not bring them in this.

3 and 5) Now imagine that is it were a small car, then Hyundai would have surely launched the car here. Now they haven't dared to put the car up for display. Lack of interest ?

Ford and Nissan absence actually made the car dull as earlier they had talked about their small car coming at Auto expo. And Ford also earlier showed the car.

4) No perfect news when the car is coming.

I wanted to see the Santro VS Zen VS Indica type of excitement here. I wanted the cars to hit the streets with competitive price tags, not inflated tags. Was expecting new small practical hatch from Suzuki, Punto 85 bhp being available readily.

This is all say and promise, but no Go.
The enthusiasm was missing some how, that is what I have felt. Etios is also a big disappointment as is Honda small car concept.

I was expecting real launches for cars that are ready to go in production like Beat.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 7th January 2010 at 22:06.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:21   #539
BHPian

jesus christ, DC did it again. He wasted another chasis and called it SUV. Can't we get a stay order from court against him designing cars, in public interest?
Old 8th January 2010, 00:11   #540
Senior - BHPian

The THAR MAN!

some applause and appriciation for the hardworking man.
Attached Thumbnails
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-father-thar.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks