Old 10th January 2010, 23:04   #601
BHPian

Old 11th January 2010, 00:11   #602
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for sharing the snaps S.I.N.G.H

Nice coverage
Old 11th January 2010, 00:21   #603
Senior - BHPian

Thank You all for sharing the pics of EXPO. Much appreciated for some of us who couldn't go down to view it in person.

Thank you again. hats off to your efforts
Old 11th January 2010, 01:31   #604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianchiefrsd View Post
There seems to be a change in the Jaguar Logo on the front of the car.

Earlier all models had the Leaping Jaguar up front akin to the Benz Tristar. Is it because of the TATA buyover or is it because these are on display.
Indianchiefrsd,

Chances are this is due to pedestrian safety regulations. (Same reason the RR Phantom spirit of extacy goes down into the grille).

Having a protruding metal object on the top of the hood can do tons of damage to a pedestrian during a frontal impact -- can't be allowed, especially in a day and age where cars like the W212 E-Class even go so far as to pop open the bonnet slightly when it senses an impact, so that the pedestrian hitting the bonnet is cushioned !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrroom View Post
....we have finally made a solar car. CII has provided us a stall at the Auto-Expo to showcase our vehicle....

Man, i walked(ran) past your car so many times, was dying to have a look but just did not have the chance everytime i saw it! TONS of solar panels and a huge steering (?) was all i managed to see on the yellow shark.

Do PM me any auto expo pics and info you have on the car. Would love to add it to this thread : Young Talent at Auto Expo 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Is the Mitsubishi out of Autoexpo or what???there is no news on Evo till date??
No HM. No Mitsubishi!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2010 at 01:33.
Old 11th January 2010, 03:05   #605
BHPian

Rossy@expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
John Abraham was there at Yamaha stall. No news of Rossi.
Attachment 261252

2009 MotoGG World Champion Italian MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi poses at the Yamaha Pavilion during the 10th Auto Expo in New Delhi on January 9, 2010. (AFP)
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-6921620108.jpg

Valentino Rossi gestures to fans at the Yamaha Pavilion during the 10th Auto Expo in New Delhi on January 9, 2010
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-6921650108.jpg

Rossy at a press conference organized by Yamaha on 10th Delhi - reuters
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-del36_india_0110_11.jpg

Rossy and john Abraham during a joint press conference on 10th Jan Delhi -reuters
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-del34_india_0110_11.jpg
Old 11th January 2010, 09:09   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
1. There is huge difference between Talking and implementing/producing. Its not that easy, just to plonk it in and launch it, you have to go through all process even if it means replacing just an engine. You know it better.

2. If you had seen brochure long ago, you wouldn't have said it comes with one engine. Also headrest adjustment is indeed a safety feature. its not for comfort. so they did nothing wrong there. Some company thinks about mentioning some not. not a big deal. same goes with belt for third passenger. Not providing abs and airbags in all variants is an oversight, but tell me, of the cars sold how many are fully loaded versions? when public itself is not aware of general safety why would manufacturers include it and increase input cost. they are after all here to do business not some charity work.

3. Venture is based on super ace platform. It is a bit modern compared to death on wheels omni. As for EEco being more safer than venture, i don't believe just providing an engine in front makes it as much secure. both have to be equipped with some active and passive safety to be considered safe. I am pretty much sure eeco and omni will never be crash tested but venture will be as TATA has their own crash facility. even though not complying to international standards i can atleast be assured it was tested unliked others.

4. If some company takes an initiative to provide environment friendly transportation they should be applauded and encouraged. they could be mainstreamed if price properly and are efficient. i would say, bring it on, they atleast have 1 customer ready.
1) They could have been quicker. If the car had arrived a bit earlier like, sales starting from Feb, it would be good. We dont have Fiat dealer in Vadodara, but at many places people would have plonked in money for this car rather than G3HC.

2) Have a look at this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member...lmabraham.html
I am also attaching an image from the brochure itself. Clearly its mentioned that the diesel variant will be available soon. Not stated when.

Also have a look at this post :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/h-r-h-l.html

Not sure if VW has changed mind to come up with something better.

So my point that this car is initially available with petrol only is, IMO, correct.

Polo remains an expensive machine with limited options. We have seen better motors in petrol and diesel in other small cars. Ride and Handling edge will not be of much use as we already have GP to match that. And GP has three engine options.

Next, about the mention of head restraits in Feature list. I think its too common now. Its even there in M800 since 1980's. So they just mentioned it to fill up space IMO. Its like mentioning that the car as brakes.
If my memory serves me right, internationally Polo is available with dual headlamp setup just like Linea, Altis, Civic. Here for India they have just a single bulb setup. Again cost cutting, and this time its critical for safety.

3) IIRC, Versa was sold internationally also where there are minimum safety requirements. Versa was developed keeping that in mind and also it was designed to carry passengers. So I think Versa still has better occupant safety than Venture that is only India specific.

Also Suzuki supplies Mazda with some version of Carry. ( Carry was renamed Landy )

4) In a way, correct. I agree with you here.
Attached Thumbnails
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-polo-chevelle-reply.jpg  

Old 11th January 2010, 10:46   #607
BHPian

Does anyone know if HM (Hindustan Motors) had anything to display here. Seems like everybody has forgotton a car maker. I was hoping to see the new generation Ambassador or Contessa. [Am I asking for too much ?]
Old 11th January 2010, 12:55   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
is Force motors displaying anything in the show , a quick scroll through the posts didn't give me any results / have I missed anything ?
Hey friends... any news about force motors .. can somebody put on snaps .. they were also going to show new Man buses.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:11   #609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Does anyone know if HM (Hindustan Motors) had anything to display here.....
See here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1671988-post553.html

cya
R
Old 11th January 2010, 14:26   #610
BHPian

one completely Off topic question -- what in the world was DC thinking of the SUV -- the name is DYP - Do your potty ? is it a chemical toilet that he has designed?
Old 11th January 2010, 16:21   #611
Senior - BHPian

A big THANKS to everyone who posted pics and reports on this thread.. I have no regrets of not visiting the Auto Expo because of you guys..
Old 11th January 2010, 22:53   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Does anyone know if HM (Hindustan Motors) had anything to display here. Seems like everybody has forgotton a car maker. I was hoping to see the new generation Ambassador or Contessa. [Am I asking for too much ?]
Wishful thinking. Unfortunately looks like the HM guys already feel the Amby is as new-gen as a car can be.

Guys somebody please tell them, if not modernize, at least please make the Amby more retro (in a classy way). If the Fiats and the VW's can launch retro cars at premium, well HM should actually be leading the way. HM cars are literally becoming an eyesore. Pity, because it has pluses too, e.g. a tank-like build and such a great rear sofa cum seat.
Old 14th January 2010, 14:20   #613
Senior - BHPian

The Kizashi was a big disappointment after seeing the concept at the 2008 show.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:28   #614
BANNED

Re: AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics

Hi All,

what happened to Autoexpo 2011? is it happening or not.

I am waiting for it to happen
Old 10th January 2011, 15:16   #615
BHPian

Re: AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

what happened to Autoexpo 2011? is it happening or not.

I am waiting for it to happen
Dude, the Delhi Auto Expo dosent happen every year. It is once in 2 years.

Now wait till January 2012

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks