Old 8th January 2010, 01:08   #541
BHPian

Isnt Porsche at Auto Expo 2010??
Old 8th January 2010, 01:15   #542
BHPian

Harley Fatboy and Glide

Old 8th January 2010, 06:00   #543
Senior - BHPian

Such a great thread , people from delhi please keep on updating it so that every one who missed the show will the part of the event.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:40   #544
BHPian

This thread is so very cool, it almost gives images of various stalls put up at the show. Please keep it going and updating as much as possible.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:13   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
OT:

one of the posts say in MSIL, 54.2% is owned by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp. In that case why is that its called Maruti Suzuki and why not Suzuki Maruti ?
I guess thats because normal junta have a better brand recall of Maruti and Suzuki. For e.g. If I say I bought a Suzuki Swift to my uncle who lives in a village, he will think I bought some Foren gaadi.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:14   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
New shade in Classic and concept Cafe Racer. pic from BSMotoring
I remember reading somewhere that this bike is gonna cost 1.7 lakhs is that right??
Old 8th January 2010, 11:02   #547
OEM
BHPian

Help please

For the unfortunate few who could not be in Delhi, can somebody post pictures of the modified SX4 (in Khan 75's post) and the white and blue VW Bus (modified by DC)?

Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 11:21   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I guess thats because normal junta have a better brand recall of Maruti and Suzuki. For e.g. If I say I bought a Suzuki Swift to my uncle who lives in a village, he will think I bought some Foren gaadi.
It is now Suzuki with a major stake but they have continued with Maruti Suzuki as the name since it's etched in people's minds.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:25   #549
BHPian

Is there is any Stall of Nissan?

There were talking about bring few new models in India. Any news regarding that.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:46   #550
BHPian

From where can one buy tickets to visit the show? Are they only available at Pragati Maidan gates or elsewhere also, like the Trair Fair tickets?
Old 8th January 2010, 12:16   #551
BHPian

@ abeer you can buy the tickets at Pragati Maidan gates
Old 8th January 2010, 13:06   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Which of the have hit the streets ? T-jet is second quarter 2010. E-spark is practical but is available to general public in October 2010. VW polo is available with only one engine that too a three cylinder one. And pricing is yet not available.
Let Venture prove itself first IMHO. And I wonder how the rear door opens. There is no guiderail for sliding doors. If its integraed at sill level, its nice.
Why am I thinking that this is a Ace under the skin ?

3 and 5) Now imagine that is it were a small car, then Hyundai would have surely launched the car here. Now they haven't dared to put the car up for display. Lack of interest ?

Ford and Nissan absence actually made the car dull as earlier they had talked about their small car coming at Auto expo. And Ford also earlier showed the car.

4) No perfect news when the car is coming.

I wanted to see the Santro VS Zen VS Indica type of excitement here. I wanted the cars to hit the streets with competitive price tags, not inflated tags. Was expecting new small practical hatch from Suzuki, Punto 85 bhp being available readily.

This is all say and promise, but no Go.
The enthusiasm was missing some how, that is what I have felt. Etios is also a big disappointment as is Honda small car concept.

I was expecting real launches for cars that are ready to go in production like Beat.
FYI, the one's that i mentioned are ready to go for production or some are already in production Like T-Jet, Punto, Polo, Beat among others. I hope you weren't expecting them to be available off the shelves during auto expo or prior to that. Auto Expo is basically an event where they get to publicize all this stuff. Deliveries and major production can always start later. As for venture proving itself, same is applicable to Eek ooh too whose previous avatar was super flop. Its already mentioned previously that venture has sliding doors a la omni. Even if it is based on Ace, does it really matter? if similar platform can give such good cars, its not a bad business proposition and good for public too as they can get it for lower price.

Also, i don't know if you have seen the brochure of Polo or not, it will be available with 3 engine, two engines will be produced first, the petrol and diesel with 1.6 coming later. Sid even apologize for wrong info, which imo was just not necessary as decision can be changed overnight. Though hats off to him for bringing in the info. How it does in market, only time will tell.

As for e-spark, its just 9 months away from a launch, they have to generate some hype around it so that public is aware of it. What better way than to do it in expo. Same goes for Punto 85bhp, which you want to be available readily. Why do that when you have such a huge scale event to show your product. Don't make any business sense to do a silent launch.

Sorry for the long post. But i think you were expecting on lines of Detroit auto show so you are likely to be disappointed.

Last edited by chevelle : 8th January 2010 at 13:19.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:32   #553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Isnt Porsche at Auto Expo 2010??
Nope.

Those not present :
- Ford (!!)
- Nissan
- HM / Mitsubishi
- Porsche
- Maini Reva

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2010 at 01:17. Reason: adding HM / Mitsu
Old 8th January 2010, 13:44   #554
BHPian

There seems to be a change in the Jaguar Logo on the front of the car.

Earlier all models had the Leaping Jaguar up front akin to the Benz Tristar. Is it because of the TATA buyover or is it because these are on display.

Someone, Anyone?
Old 8th January 2010, 13:48   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Those not present :

- Maini Reva

cya
R
Reva is present in some way - the Chevrolet Spark Electric has been produced in 'association' with Maini Reva.

Most Viewed