Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 21:48   #586
Senior - BHPian

Did Valentino Rossi and/or Adrian Sutil show up for the expo for Yamaha and OD?

Is that Thapad ka Paapad again... (blue Gallardo) at the ACI stall?

Last edited by Mpower : 9th January 2010 at 23:53.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:01   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

D
John Abraham was there at Yamaha stall. No news of Rossi.
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc_0998-medium.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 9th January 2010 at 22:02.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:59   #588
BHPian

OT: What BB is John holding? I first thought it was a Curve 8900 but the curve at the back doesn't match up.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:42   #589
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Is that Thapad ka Pappad again (blue Gallardo) at the ACI stall?
Both Rossi and Adrian were there at the OD stall. I saw an interview on TV with OD team interviewing Sutil.

Later on I saw pics of a stampede at the Yamaha stall to see Rossi on Facebook overdrive page.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:13   #590

Some pictures from the auto expo - 9th Jan
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00579.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00580.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00581.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00583.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00589.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00590.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00591.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00594.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00602.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00609.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00611.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00613.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00618.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00620.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00621.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00622.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00623.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00624.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00627.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00633.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00635.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00636.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00637.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00638.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00639.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00640.jpg

AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-dsc00641.jpg
Old 10th January 2010, 01:07   #591
Senior - BHPian

Went today to Auto Expo. Too much Rush and traffic congestion! Managed to check out Toyota/Honda/Chevrolet/Fiat/VW/Skoda/BMW and hall 6B (MapMyIndia, SatNav).. MapMyIndia is giving a 10% discount if you book one of their GPS device on the spot... but the coolest of the thing I had seen today was NOT the cars, not babes, but a robot - yeah, ASIMO .. it was walking and running and dancing (to the tune of 3 idiots) on the stage just near the CRX and small Honda car with a lady host. Very very cool! Made my day LOL (and totally worth the Rs 200 ticket )

Last edited by iTNerd : 10th January 2010 at 01:09.
Old 10th January 2010, 11:22   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
1) FYI, the one's that i mentioned are ready to go for production or some are already in production Like T-Jet, Punto, Polo, Beat among others. I hope you weren't expecting them to be available off the shelves during auto expo or prior to that. Auto Expo is basically an event where they get to publicize all this stuff. Deliveries and major production can always start later.

2) As for venture proving itself, same is applicable to Eek ooh too whose previous avatar was super flop. Its already mentioned previously that venture has sliding doors a la omni. Even if it is based on Ace, does it really matter? if similar platform can give such good cars, its not a bad business proposition and good for public too as they can get it for lower price.

3) Also, i don't know if you have seen the brochure of Polo or not, it will be available with 3 engine, two engines will be produced first, the petrol and diesel with 1.6 coming later. Sid even apologize for wrong info, which imo was just not necessary as decision can be changed overnight. Though hats off to him for bringing in the info. How it does in market, only time will tell.

4) As for e-spark, its just 9 months away from a launch, they have to generate some hype around it so that public is aware of it. What better way than to do it in expo. Same goes for Punto 85bhp, which you want to be available readily. Why do that when you have such a huge scale event to show your product. Don't make any business sense to do a silent launch.

5) Sorry for the long post. But i think you were expecting on lines of Detroit auto show so you are likely to be disappointed.
1) Ready to go into production. Thats not the point. T-jet is being talked around for long. 1.6 Diesel is also being discussed for long. I wonder why it takes so long for them to roll on Indian roads.

Beat. Even before Auto Expo, the car was test driven by many including TBHP. We have report for the same. This is not the case with T-Jet or Punto 85 bhp or Polo.

Polo.
The brochure was seen by me long before. A few that did not open they day Polo was revealed were visited by me as I have habit of messing up with URLs.
I read in brochure that Front disc brake is a safety feature in 2010 and so it is placed in Features list in Polo brochure. Next, ABS and Airbags are not standard. There is lap belt for third passenger in rear seat and this is common for all variants. The brochure also contains adjustable headrests in safety features.

Above all, two engines in brochure are three cylinder motors. We have seen better.
The way feature list was made up, I thought VW has lost standards. Adding front disc brake as safety feature is a joke IMO.
Also the prices were not announced. I had a conversation with another TBHPian yesterday night. He said VW might be shocked after hearing beat prices. So they may not give out prices.

Market has better offerings with better service network. Not the best launch IMO. Was expecting better.

2) May be true as far as proving is involved. But IMO, Venture is a step back. If we cry over safety of Omni, I think this applies to Venture also. Absolutely no protection. EEco is better and now with engine in front, its safer that Venture IMO. But crash test results for both are not available.
Venture is a commercial vehicle at core. This was not the case with Versa. Is venture Monocoque ?

3) Polo. Already mention about it in point 1.

4) Yes, E-spark is a highlight, but I am more interested in mainstream cars that are readily available in market when they are launched at AutoExpo. What is difference between showing off TJet Linea and 85 bhp diesel Punto ? I think punto can be made available right now. Is it so ?

5) May be true, but I have read about earlier Auto Expo that have been more exciting with more interesting cars, not " will go into production after 10 months/12 months " or concepts ( like Honda small car and Etios ) or a 3 cylinder Polo.
Old 10th January 2010, 11:59   #593
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow the TVS Hammerhead looks macho. Nice snaps there.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:11   #594
BHPian

Is the Mitsubishi out of Autoexpo or what???there is no news on Evo till date??
Old 10th January 2010, 14:23   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Well, Well

This price may kill the Polo.

A killer price(Swift Territory) could have ensured an instant success.

This price will land in the No Man's land of the Jazz Territory and to prove itself, the 1.2 mill has to be outstanding in all aspects!!!

Serious doubts looking at the similar Fabia 1.2 spec
Looks like VW is going the same way Honda did with its Jazz. Everything about the Jazz looked good but for the price.
From the first looks and specs published by VW, the Polo indeed looks great and a serious competitor for the Swift. However if the ex-showroom is upward of 6 lakhs, the Swift will continue to enjoy robust sales. The top end Swift ZXI costs 6.13 on road Bangalore.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:11   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow the TVS Hammerhead looks macho. Nice snaps there.
Thank you. The Hammerhead really looked mean and muscled the other TVS bikes were malnutritioned in comparison each with a model astride to at least get people to look. The Hammerhead in contrast did not require eye candy and was where people were jostling just to stand and admire.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:00   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Ready to go into production. Thats not the point. T-jet is being talked around for long. 1.6 Diesel is also being discussed for long. I wonder why it takes so long for them to roll on Indian roads.

Beat. Even before Auto Expo, the car was test driven by many including TBHP. We have report for the same. This is not the case with T-Jet or Punto 85 bhp or Polo.

Polo.
The brochure was seen by me long before. A few that did not open they day Polo was revealed were visited by me as I have habit of messing up with URLs.
I read in brochure that Front disc brake is a safety feature in 2010 and so it is placed in Features list in Polo brochure. Next, ABS and Airbags are not standard. There is lap belt for third passenger in rear seat and this is common for all variants. The brochure also contains adjustable headrests in safety features.

Above all, two engines in brochure are three cylinder motors. We have seen better.
The way feature list was made up, I thought VW has lost standards. Adding front disc brake as safety feature is a joke IMO.
Also the prices were not announced. I had a conversation with another TBHPian yesterday night. He said VW might be shocked after hearing beat prices. So they may not give out prices.

Market has better offerings with better service network. Not the best launch IMO. Was expecting better.

2) May be true as far as proving is involved. But IMO, Venture is a step back. If we cry over safety of Omni, I think this applies to Venture also. Absolutely no protection. EEco is better and now with engine in front, its safer that Venture IMO. But crash test results for both are not available.
Venture is a commercial vehicle at core. This was not the case with Versa. Is venture Monocoque ?

3) Polo. Already mention about it in point 1.

4) Yes, E-spark is a highlight, but I am more interested in mainstream cars that are readily available in market when they are launched at AutoExpo. What is difference between showing off TJet Linea and 85 bhp diesel Punto ? I think punto can be made available right now. Is it so ?

5) May be true, but I have read about earlier Auto Expo that have been more exciting with more interesting cars, not " will go into production after 10 months/12 months " or concepts ( like Honda small car and Etios ) or a 3 cylinder Polo.
1. There is huge difference between Talking and implementing/producing. Its not that easy, just to plonk it in and launch it, you have to go through all process even if it means replacing just an engine. You know it better.

2. If you had seen brochure long ago, you wouldn't have said it comes with one engine. Also headrest adjustment is indeed a safety feature. its not for comfort. so they did nothing wrong there. Some company thinks about mentioning some not. not a big deal. same goes with belt for third passenger. Not providing abs and airbags in all variants is an oversight, but tell me, of the cars sold how many are fully loaded versions? when public itself is not aware of general safety why would manufacturers include it and increase input cost. they are after all here to do business not some charity work.

3. Venture is based on super ace platform. It is a bit modern compared to death on wheels omni. As for EEco being more safer than venture, i don't believe just providing an engine in front makes it as much secure. both have to be equipped with some active and passive safety to be considered safe. I am pretty much sure eeco and omni will never be crash tested but venture will be as TATA has their own crash facility. even though not complying to international standards i can atleast be assured it was tested unliked others.

4. If some company takes an initiative to provide environment friendly transportation they should be applauded and encouraged. they could be mainstreamed if price properly and are efficient. i would say, bring it on, they atleast have 1 customer ready.

never mind the 5th point. your mileage varies a great deal from me.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:33   #598
Senior - BHPian

Valentino Rossi was supposed to visit the Auto Expo today? Anyone saw him?
Old 10th January 2010, 19:42   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Valentino Rossi was supposed to visit the Auto Expo today? Anyone saw him?
He visited the Yamaha India’s exhibit yesterday
Rossi dazzles Expo crowds - News - Zigwheels
Attached Thumbnails
AUTO EXPO 2010 - Live Feed & Pics-5334.jpg  

Old 10th January 2010, 23:00   #600
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Great pics, but please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th January 2010 at 00:44. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.

Most Viewed