Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 14:00   #46
BHPian

@Jaggu, the same response has been fed to me for the last three conversations. A categoric denial of responsibility, to put down anything in writing and the offer for 2 tyres and their willingness to use a customer as a guinea pig so that they can save their three other tyres.

So no responses to mails and hence no giving any room for anyone to build up documentary proof. And now they want to inspect the tyres again. I have no doubt what the outcome of the second round of investigations will be.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:11   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz View Post
It wouldn't be surprising if , at the next inspection, they together find that the customer (me) was at fault. Certainly the most logical thing for them to do.
Possible;they could always say that you were driving much beyond the permissible speed limits of the tyres(although car radials are rated for at least 160kmph)

Under the circumstances,if you don't want to get to the root cause or don't want to take the battle to GY higher ups,you could finally say you'll like a change of tyres at 25% cost and use the opportunity to get better tyres
Old 6th January 2010, 14:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Possible;they could always say that you were driving much beyond the permissible speed limits of the tyres(although car radials are rated for at least 160kmph)

Under the circumstances,if you don't want to get to the root cause or don't want to take the battle to GY higher ups,you could finally say you'll like a change of tyres at 25% cost and use the opportunity to get better tyres
Thats the point.....neither Goodyear nor Hyundai will put anything on paper that might point at either of themselves. You rub my back, I rub yours concept.

I would like to take up the issue with GY higher ups, but isn't it obvious beyond reasonable doubt that they are actually playing with loaded dice?
Old 6th January 2010, 14:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

They are offering only 2 tyres at that discount and I think thats not acceptable. If all 4 tyres were given, I think he would count his losses and accept it and then swap them for a fresh set of better tyres with a dealer.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
They are offering only 2 tyres at that discount and I think thats not acceptable. If all 4 tyres were given, I think he would count his losses and accept it and then swap them for a fresh set of better tyres with a dealer.
speedz,
How is the condition of the 5th tyre? Is it also having similar issues? If so, you need to include that too in your negotiations with Hyundai/Goodyear.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:56   #51
BHPian

All the five tyres have deteriorated.

Another update. Received a call form the service manager that my car will be inspected by someone higher up from Chennai office. The person will be in Bangalore for some training and wants to inspect my car and give his verdict. I was told earlier that this person works in the Chennai office and he would inspect whenever he happened to visit Bangalore.

Now, I do not know whether this is a genuine attempt by Hyundai or an attempt to cursorily inspect and reiterate their stance that they will only replace two tyres and that they are doing a favor etc.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:16   #52
BHPian

Atleast your tantrums have been heard in the higher circles @Hyundai. so one hurdle is passed. Now to get your demands fulfilled !! May be put ur grievances to him about streamlining their escalation process.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:41   #53
BHPian

Watch this thread for an update. Am meeting with the Hyundai representative this evening. So should be able to post the update tomorrow morning. The tyres have now deteriorated so badly that any layman can see the damage.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Watch this thread for an update. Am meeting with the Hyundai representative this evening. So should be able to post the update tomorrow morning. The tyres have now deteriorated so badly that any layman can see the damage.
do make sure nothing else then replacing all wheels and not just two of them, also do post pictures of those tyre damages over here.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:23   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good Luck Man;and please post pics
Old 7th January 2010, 16:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Dear speedz

Cannot help you much. However perhaps this may cause some post purchase satisfaction!!! (disclaimer: magazine is one that I read and admire and the writer is one of justifiably high repute. However, Hyundai US is a laggard and tries harder, and what holds for the US may not apply here).

Enjoy:

Hyundai: The toughest car company of them all - (1) - FORTUNE
Old 7th January 2010, 21:52   #57
BHPian

Speedz, for some strange reason, advaith both in vasanthnagar and mahadevapura are grand examples of where you should not give your car for service or repair. For service, trident is the best, my personal experience. I hope your problems are solved with the Chennai person inspecting. Please bargain as hard as you can. Driving 100 km and getting back to square one is madness!
Old 7th January 2010, 23:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Trident ain't no angels either.

@speedz: i got my Getz 1.3L Petrol from Advaith on Residency road in December 2006. have run almost 21k and the tires still look new if washed with even wear (touch wood). just last month (30th) i drove from Thrissur to Bangalore, sometimes touching speeds of 140kmph. never had problems like those you've mentioned. the tires are Goodyear GPS-2.

i give it for servicing at the Mission Road service center. is this where you've had to endure the aforementioned problems? if so let me know coz my 2+1yr warranty just ended and i'm thinking i need to find a reliable garage to service my car - the service center cannot be trusted.

why do i say that? well, i've had this problem in the 2nd gear where the engine stalls (with or without the a/c) - like the engine ran out of gas! this doesn't happen a lot, but once in a blue moon it does. i told the mechanic (not just one, 3 of them) and here is the explanation i got: "Getz's 2nd gear is like the 3rd gear of any other car. that's why you need to rev the engine while on 2nd gear"

i was like i've got two 3rd gears in my car!!

till date the problem has not been solved, but i've found a workaround.

anyways, anybody know any good mechanics/garage where i can service my baby with peace of mind?
Old 7th January 2010, 23:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Trident ain't no angels either.

anyways, anybody know any good mechanics/garage where i can service my baby with peace of mind?
I don't know if trident are angels but they are definitely better than advaith from what I've heard and come across.

Thankfully, I've faced no problems with trident till now although they charged me Rs.5500 for fog lamps (I was scared about warranty ). Advaith Hyundai is very famous for bad service and bad customer treatment. I say this because I bought my car at advaith residency road during june last year and still haven't got the registration certificate. Also, advaith service station called me up twice everytime I got it serviced from trident and almost scolded me for taking it to trident. The exact words used by whoever called from advaith service was "You bought the car from advaith so it is your duty to bring it to us for service".

After that, I decided that my biggest duty is to keep my car away from such illogical creatures!
Old 8th January 2010, 04:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

@ Speedz - Eagerly waiting for your update. Hope things turned out positively.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks