Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 15:18   #76
Team-BHP Support

Speedz if you can get 5 bridgestone turanza er 60, go with it, very good on grip and durability.

Michellin might be comfortable but not very durable if you do bad roads at high speed. Yoko see if you can get S drive, A drives are again maynot take so much of abuse.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:29   #77
Senior - BHPian

@speedz, good that you get an offer on all 5 tyres. Take the GY from Bridgestone, and swap them for S-drives @ a good dealer.
Michs are more expensive, and then there is all the bulging and damage reports over the past year!
Old 8th January 2010, 15:44   #78
BHPian

hey congrats dude!! nice ending..
Old 9th January 2010, 02:45   #79
BHPian

Congratulations speedz.. some progress at last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post

This is nasty behavior on part of Advaith. I know that they keep calling customers to remind them of the service due date. Once when my service was due, they kept pestering to bring the car to service. But as my car was practically unused since previous service, i decided not to go for service. But they would still keep calling you and lecture on the benefits of servicing.
One particular lady called me thrice when she learnt I got my car serviced from Trident. They never give up lecturing. I told her that if she calls one more time, I will tell all my friends to never buy a car from advaith. The calls stopped but my RC has not yet been received by me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedz View Post
@ everyone who responded to the posts in this thread and sent messages lending their support, THANK YOU.

As of now I have been told that they will be procuring the tyres within 2 days. I can buy 5 Goddyear tyres at 3500 Rs or 5 Bridgestone tyres at 6846 Rs. Size is 175/65 R14.

Now what will be best thing to do? Buy Bridgestone or Goodyear? Or buy a set and exchange them for a better set of tyres? Opinions and suggestions please.
Blindly go for anything apart from goodyear. You cannot expect yourself to be 100% confident of the brand of tyres you had a bad patch with. No offense to goodyear fans, its just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Lets hope your problem is solved and please keep all of us posted if the problem persists with further driving of next 1-2K kms . I would advise against goodyear only reason being the bitter experience you had in first place using them . You would be more at peace with another brand and that peace is worth the extra price you may pay.
^^ Exactly my point. Even if the Goodyear tyres are way better than other brands mentioned above (which, with all due respect, I doubt), your mind might not let you believe it because of the sad incident you had with goodyear tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Speedz if you can get 5 bridgestone turanza er 60, go with it, very good on grip and durability.

Michellin might be comfortable but not very durable if you do bad roads at high speed. Yoko see if you can get S drive, A drives are again maynot take so much of abuse.
^^ Dont know about Michelins, but the turanzas and S drives will work best for small roads with big potholes. Turanzas are awesome IMHO, very good road grip. My dad's esteem has turanzas and they are so grippy!
Old 24th September 2013, 19:51   #80
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz...Major Problem and Hyundai isnt responding

Saw a Nov. 2004 Getz GLS with ABS for 1.2lacs car is in good condition but there is some work on the suspension and clutch. Seems to be a little wobble on the ride and a uneven wear as described in this thread but I think its the old damaged tyre. Worth buying it? After reading this thread need to ask if owning a Getz is a pain? Never owned a Hyundai before.
Old 24th September 2013, 20:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hey TheQuarterMile, I am no expert with respect to "Known Issues" on used cars. Experts here can surely guide you on that.

But having owned a Getz for nearly 4yrs now, all I can say is that its Just a Bliss. I had owned a Santro for about 4yrs as well and quite frankly, Getz seems to be similar in maintenance cost if not cheaper. I understand that Getz & Santro are not really loads of segments apart, but the former is definitely a larger vehicle.

I have been advised on 2 things by my SA for Getz:

1. Clutch issues seems to be one major concern on Getz post 40k kms. This again, depends on how the car was treated all the while.

2. Engine belt also is one of the components that starts to play around post 35k-40k kms.

So if you can get these aspects checked, I believe you probably are on your way to owning a "Small hatch which is Big from Inside".
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 22:11   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
Saw a Nov. 2004 Getz GLS with ABS for 1.2lacs car is in good condition but there is some work on the suspension and clutch. Seems to be a little wobble on the ride and a uneven wear as described in this thread but I think its the old damaged tyre. Worth buying it? After reading this thread need to ask if owning a Getz is a pain? Never owned a Hyundai before.
I have a 2007 Getz GLE, odo @ 60k .
- Regular Service from HASS
- Axle had gone kaput towards end of warranty.Just in time, was changed free of cost. FYI a new axle costs a whopping 17k.
- Clutch change at 50k
- One Engine Mounting costing 6k needs a change but SA says its not needed right now.
Thats my story. IMO it all depends, how he vehicle was maintained. Service record from HASS is a great point in favour.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 00:37   #83
BHPian

Thank you for the response guys. The Axle thing is a worrying issue and will recheck the mounts but I think the only suspension work in the car is the front lower arm on the right side and clutch is hard. I'm assuming 20k worth of mechanical work on the car. Regarding the tyre thing since all 5 wheels are alloys will use the Bridgestone stepney for 3-5k km. AC Blower type knob spoilt and steering grip a bit loose apart from that the car seems in good condition. What fuel economy should I expect? Done 67k kms. Have attached the pics what you guys think? Is it a pass or a keep for the price?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Getz...Major Problem and Hyundai isnt responding-25-september-2013-002711-gmt0530.jpg  

Hyundai Getz...Major Problem and Hyundai isnt responding-25-september-2013-002632-gmt0530.jpg  

Last edited by TheQuarterMile : 25th September 2013 at 00:39.
Old 25th September 2013, 01:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant buy congrats,nothing happenes to getz very easily and parts are reletively cheap.Mines just crossed 80k on the odo still its good enough to rip at 6000rpms although i service the vehicle myself,just sent once for HASSin its life span.

Ramie
Old 25th September 2013, 11:16   #85
BHPian

I haven't got the car yet still with my mechanic. Will go today and have a final word with him and see if the deal works out, don't wana pay more than that cause there is like 20k worth of work on the car.

Most Viewed