Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:53   #31
BHPian

Seems they hit the spare part bin with a vengeance. Frankensteinwith his assorted organs would seem like a Greek God alongside this car. Fugly is not the word. Yuck!

Renault should cheer up. Most ugly car would now put Logan in second place.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

I liked the design. Why? because its a match of impreza, micra and though the rear looks disastrous, it works for me. This is a concept and of course the production version will have convectional interiors. Whats wrong with having funky interiors?

This car will have one hidden secret before launch-its below 4 lakh starting price which I expect.
Now you know why this car has the potential to be a hit.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Horrible looking car. Somehow it is very clear it is some bumper work done on a old toyota model.
Somehow, I wonder how even if it might interest few petrol heads for the bhp factor, I am sure it will not interest aam janta.. They look for something fashionable out of the Japs.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Reaffirms my faith.... Japanese can never design a good looking car! Yuck is the word inspite being in a good shade of color and nice golden alloy wheels.
Did anyone saw the white Punto with Abarth wheels on display.... looked stunning!
Old 5th January 2010, 17:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I liked the design. Why? because its a match of impreza, micra and though the rear looks disastrous, it works for me. This is a concept and of course the production version will have convectional interiors. Whats wrong with having funky interiors?

This car will have one hidden secret before launch-its below 4 lakh starting price which I expect.
Now you know why this car has the potential to be a hit.
Just like the Dzire we will get used to this also. It's just that this was least expected from Toyota. To bring out a car that looks like a Logan of all cars available in the market. The front is decent. It's the side profiling for which I cannot forgive Toyota. And the less said of that chrome strip at the rear, the better. What were these guys thinking?

Last edited by longhorn : 5th January 2010 at 17:07.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Reaffirms my faith.... Japanese can never design a good looking car!
Wasn't the Mitsubishi Evo X and the Nissan 370Z designed by the Japanese? Its just that they took cost cutting too far with the Etios.

Last edited by longhorn : 5th January 2010 at 17:10.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:14   #37
BHPian

You guys are really being very very harsh on Toyota. Contrary to all the negative comments, I really did like the model in White and red
Old 5th January 2010, 17:20   #38
BHPian

A company that discontinued a successful model like Qualis for maintaining it's premium tag would surely have a quality product. I think it is too early to talk about failure.

Agreed- the car is similar to the logan. But if the car is priced right with Toyota's quality and refinement we have seen in their offerings till now (or even if it is a tad lower for cost cutting), they might have a winner on their hands. I would choose this one if this is pitted against the Dzire.

India is a highly value conscious market and this car's trump card might that!

Last edited by pacman2881 : 5th January 2010 at 17:34.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I think it is too early to talk about cost cutting.
Just have a good hard look at that dash and you'll know what they have done. This is not something we expect from Toyota.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The interiors are 2005 Indica like The air cons looks like it was designed by a nursery kid. Argh!
Yes exaclty Well said jkdas. I can't imagine Toyota can design such a cheap looking car. They are going to spoil their brand name in INDIA. A small kid will not even like its interiors.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:32   #41
BHPian

No frill car from Toyota !!!!!

It looks like are feels a A Star from Maruthi Suzuki .. Toyota always set higher expectations and this is no where up to expectations of Toyota .....
Old 5th January 2010, 17:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

to be honest, i dont care if its so ugly that i have to drive it with a paper bag over my head to avoid looking at it

As long as it offers the legendary toyota reliablity, service, and a good diesel engine at <6L , I'll buy it Because thats what I care about the most!
Old 5th January 2010, 17:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I would choose this one if this is pitted against the Dzire.
+1 to that. The sedan will be an instant hit if priced to compete with Swift Dzire and the likes.

And the hatch priced to compete with i10 and the like.

Having said that, I still want to bash Toyota for coming up with such lousy cars (at least interiors) which looks dated on a "CONCEPT" in a Auto show!

C'mon Toyota you could have at least put in some sporty leather seats and some cool gadgets to make it look like a concept.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to act as Paranoid, but the way this car's profile is matching with Vios First generation makes me believe that this car is nothing but the First generation Vios under the skin. The skin panels are worked upon, else its the same.

Observe how the C-pillar gels with start of trunk. Observe the front door area where there is OVRM, that black plastic part ( front quarter ).

I am attaching two images, one of itios and one of Vios first generation. Could not get elaborate images of Vios generation in white.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-toyota-etios-1.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-toyota-vios-1.jpg  

Old 5th January 2010, 17:37   #45
BHPian

Can I add this car in the wacky mods topic?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks