Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 15:05   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Really shocked with the pricing. Never expected the top end version less than 7 Lakhs.

The pricing is spot on. Now Toyota must concentrate on getting these cars delivered and not close the booking like they did with Fortuner.

Which ever way you see, the total monthly sales of Toyota will cross 10K in India, probably starting from Jan 2011.

Competition Good Luck.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:08   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post
Euro NCAP provides crash ratings not handling or stability ratings for a vehicle.

Weight of a car does matter in handling and stability but am sure with the use of current manufacturing technologies and latest design parameters a car's weight can be bought down without sacrificing on body rigidity and high speed stability.

peace,
~kg
It was an Off the Topic comment about the Baleno. I never told that heavy car = safe car.
In one of the pictures, I see that the roof of the car is having ripple patterns. Weight saving measures like the Nissan Micra?
Old 1st December 2010, 15:13   #498
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is absolutely spot-on but it is clear that Toyota has not only gone with a plain jane design (exteriors and interiors both) but no fancy features at all. I think the following are missing, some of which are available in the DZire/manza -
1> Electric mirrors
2> Auto climate control
3> Bluetooth
4> Driver seat height adjustment
5> Rear cabin lights

I think they are providing USB port. Right?

All said and done, if the quality of the materials is good, nothing to complain at this price.

I think the V model is the most sensible option to buy.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:18   #499
BHPian

Very funny tactics by Toyota, In Mumbai cars will be on display in 2 malls from 08 Dec. Dealers wont get any car (even test drives) before 25th Dec. And they are already taking the bookings by taking 50K. The deliveries wont start before end of Jan as per Wasan Toyota. What kind of planning is that - cant really understand. When I asked the person when can I see the car - he said you can see a video display in the showroom..
Old 1st December 2010, 15:21   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Why can't they hire a proper designer to design a car. Do well designed good looking cars consume more raw material in terms of metal etc etc.
If they had hired a good one they couldn't have launched it at 4.96L.
Also it's part of manufacturers strategy to keep their lower priced cars a bit uglier than their higher priced brothers, so that people with the money will be tempted to buy the costlier ones.

How much would it cost a company to paint the door handles. They won't, so that higher versions sell more.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:35   #501
BHPian

price & features wise I personally find the G variant (with safety package) the best.
Only things I'd like are
-Rear defogger
-Dual tone fabric upholstery
-provided speakers without a music system make no sense to me and can be removed

wish a manfucturer provided a perfect variant without forcing the customer to go for a higher variant for a single feature...

peace,
~kg
Old 1st December 2010, 15:42   #502
Senior - BHPian

Great pricing!! I hope Honda learns a thing or two from Toyota.
Lets see what are the plans for Manza and DZire. Looks like its game over for Accent, Ikon, Logan, Aveo and the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post
can you please tell me where can I look up the specs for the Etios?
Here is the link to download brochure.
Toyota - New Etios Brochure

Last edited by HammerHead : 1st December 2010 at 15:43.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:48   #503
Team-BHP Support

Just came back from the launch and had the opportunity to touch and feel the car in person. No starting and driving though

Here is my take on it:
  • - Its designed or "derived" from a proper sedan.
  • - Its not bad in the looks department.
  • - It IS built to a price. (Details i will give later in the evening when i get some time to download the pics).
  • - Built to a price did NOT seem to affect the Quality aspect in MOST of the areas. But that doesn't mean you will not notice it.
  • - Its gonna kick Dezire and Manza real hard, if the production numbers are good and waiting period less.
  • - I would buy if i were a typical family person on the look out for a VFM sedan. Even a premium buyer who wants a cheaper sedan for school/market runs.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:55   #504
Senior - BHPian

I wanted this for my wife but guess will have to look elsewhere (Etios has no automatic, and I do not want to lock my wife on to a manual transmission for 5-7 years). Perhaps wait for a year or two and get another Corolla. Definitely a Toyota, considering my 45-month experience with Toyota.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:01   #505
BHPian

Etios sedan (petrol)

I have been getting calls from Toyota, and recently a lot from local dealers to know weather I am interested in buying one. They have said that Etios sedan (petrol) will be launched first, the demo vehicle will be available between 25-30 December and the first owned Etios will be out in January. Car looks promising and is going to be a hit undoubtedly. Pricing is absolutely great and with the new hood and slight changes it doesn't look like a Logan whatever and looks more muscular.
Still waiting for the diesel version, dont know whats going to happen to all the vernas and ventos and lineas and types after its launch. With the huge success of Fortuner, looks like it will be a Toyota revolution for sure.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:09   #506
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pricing. Dezire will be a major casualty, i am guessing most petrol buyers would be going to Toyota for a. Space b. Brand. The diesel still doesn't have a match, until Toyota introduces the D4D 1.4L engine.

Welcome to wait times for another Toyota car!

GTO, now if we can have that TD report
Old 1st December 2010, 16:41   #507
BHPian

1st casualty......!!!!
maruti suzuki site is working but MARUTI DZIRE site is not working...!!! coincidence ? or what ????
other maruti suzuki sites are working...perfectly....

I just went to the site for getting details on dzire for comparison purpose...comparison of etios with manza is already reported in my earlier messages

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this or ???? !!!! this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st December 2010 at 22:30. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
Old 1st December 2010, 16:44   #508
BHPian

Yes, its really hard to compare these tooo. Tata's have upgraded or Toyota's have downgraded???

God Bless Competion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
check the etios details over here.........
Toyota - Etios Specification
Toyota - NEW ETIOS

@kg,
yes, absolutely, its really hard to belive that we are comparing toyota and tata
Old 1st December 2010, 17:49   #509
Senior - BHPian

Saw 6 etios cars on display in all shades.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-photo1498.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-photo1499.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-photo1500.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-photo1501.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-photo1502.jpg  

Old 1st December 2010, 18:08   #510

Just spoke with two dealers in Mumbai. They are un informed about the pricing !! And so is the call center guy on their notified customer care number. He quotes the ex Mumbai price to be 4.96!! They seem to have launched in a hurry or what..dealers are like in a haze.
Anyways news is no test drives in Mumbai till jan 1st although bookings are open. Its befuddling. Do they expect people to book without a dekho leave alone a test drive?? And the low cost is a farce. NO power steering or power windows for that model.

Any ideas on the ex thane price for the G version i.e. the 5.43 in Delhi?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks