Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 18:10   #511
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Saw 6 etios cars on display in all shades.

Did you get to do a test ride Sid? Stop the tease, let the actual picture rock....
Old 1st December 2010, 18:26   #512
Senior - BHPian

1) Pricing.
Simply amazing. Toyota has done its job well on this front. IMHO, this car is also going to hit small car market a bit considering the price.
We paid Rs. 4.57 lakh + Rs. 19K i.e. Rs. 4.76 lakh for a CNG waggie that had AC, PS and front power windows.

Look at Etios, for around Rs. 6 lakh one can have G version with all four power windows and a 1.5 ltr motor. Amazing.

On the other hand, cars like i20, Jazz would be affected due to pricing.

2) Interiors.
I thought that sense might prevail in Toyota engineers and they would place the speedo and tacho in the place where they are supposed to be. But no, they went in for central placement of instrument cluster which I hate personally.

The two vents are actually practically placed if they dont blow cold air onto right hand of front co-passenger seat occupant.

595 litre boot is simply too big. IIRC, even the earlier generation camry had 597 ltr. boot space. I am sure that more and more Etios sedans would be up there in CNG queues as people would end up installing the same.

3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Actually, the weight of the car does not have much to do with the driving dynamics and safety. The Baleno was also a very light car - kerb weight is somewhere around 950, but still pretty stable at high speeds.
Baleno was 975 kg. And the car is damn stable. But at the same time, Baleno was quite low slung with all round independent suspension which is not the case here.
As far as safety goes, the new generation Swift is rated 5/5 stars, note that the new generation Swift is bigger than the current Swift, but still weights less. But yes, for a sedan its a bit weird to have such a low weight, but we cannot comment on safety aspect as of now. A quick stint in Etios might reveal more.

I am eagerly awaiting TBHP test drive.
Old 1st December 2010, 18:44   #513
Senior - BHPian

Forget Dzire and the Manza, Its gonna put The Vento , City and Linea to the test. Not to mention certain 6 lac rupee hatchbacks will loose a couple of numbers.

Kick *** pricing from toyota. Kudos

Last edited by vinaydas : 1st December 2010 at 18:55.
Old 1st December 2010, 18:56   #514
BHPian

True said.....
Firstly the TOYOTA did a TATA way in the interiors
But they have pulled up much higher in other regards that too in such a cut throat pricing.
Concept from outside and experimental DUD from inside

But in India people buy more for mileage and Price, so the etios may hit other brands hard.

Hoping that Toyota will learn and improve the interiors in 2nd gen. Etios.

But anyhow it would be a good car for those looking value for money if the driving experience is concern...after all who gets a toyota for 5 Lacs.
Old 1st December 2010, 19:18   #515
Team-BHP Support

One thing which I liked about was the fact that they put whole thing up on the day they said, it would launched. Sites, data, pricing, booking etc.

Now lets hope they deliver !
Old 1st December 2010, 19:32   #516
BHPian

It happened with the Qualis.

It happened with the Innova to a certain extent.

Now its going to happen again. The Etios is going to be a radio taxi all over the country! From the few reviews that have trickled in it is safe to say that the space at the back is enormous. So who's gonna stop the taxi companies from rolling away with this car ??

The pricing is extremely competitive. Lets hope the product is too.
Old 1st December 2010, 19:59   #517
naj
BHPian

Hi!

Thats a killer pricing indeed!.
Let a few more cars be priced in the same way and one can change cars every 2 to 3 years .

I do hope the Etios drives well too.
Etios has a spacious boot at almost 600 L and the rear bench and leg room is also good.

Cheers,
Naj
Old 1st December 2010, 20:31   #518
BANNED

The chrome in the boot comes only in G and above variants i guess,but actually it looks awkward in the vermillion Red colour.

BTW anybody got the price in chennai?
Old 1st December 2010, 20:54   #519
BHPian

Wondering what would be the Etios hatch priced at, considering the killer sedan price? If toyota manages to put it closer to 3.5 Lacs ex showroom, lots of manufacturers will be worried!

Love the car, love the price. I see Toyota selling in huge volumes with these two well priced launches
Old 1st December 2010, 20:55   #520
BHPian

At first glance it reminded me of the Mahindra Logan.
But VFM is something the Etios accomplishes with elan, especially considering the badge.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:59   #521
BANNED

It was a fantastic event, Well organized. Sharing some of the pictures with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-1-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-2-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-1-3-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-3-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-4-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-5-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-6-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-8-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-9-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-10-large.jpg  

Old 1st December 2010, 21:04   #522
Senior - BHPian

One thing you have to admit Toyota is one manufacturer that does its homework extremely well.They might be a bit late to the party but whenever they come they set the cat among the pigeons,always!(except the camry,which either ways they were not interested in anyway)

Qualis,Corolla,Fortuner,Innova and now the Etios.Gamechangers.
Old 1st December 2010, 21:11   #523
BANNED

Sharing some more pictures which i taken. and some goodies which i received
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-11-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-12-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-13-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-14-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-15-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-16-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-17-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-vin-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-18-large.jpg  

Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-23-large.jpg  

Old 1st December 2010, 21:20   #524
BANNED

Thanks for the pics Wildon!

The Etios looks best in Maroon as it complements the red seats and the large tail lights won't be distinctively seen!
Old 1st December 2010, 21:22   #525
BHPian

Toyota has really messed up with that central console assembly. First Tata & now Toyota, what do manufactures have in their mind approving such a setup ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks