Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 16:44   #136
BHPian

Just went through the entire thread and was left hanging my head in shame. Having spent the past two months studying about the toyota way and its technical/managerial process advantages over the competition, its unbelievable to see toyota palm this off on the Indian masses.

The grille/eye treatment of the innova mated to a corrolla/altis front end+ the rear of the A-star(bland but palatable, even nice); but the sedan rear is a mash up of the logan/indigo all chromed up.

The interiors are yuck and i only hope that they are a temp arrangement.

what a shame,
what a shame
Old 21st February 2010, 11:41   #137
Senior - BHPian

Toyota to begin producing 'Etios' by December

Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor:

- Production to start by December.
- Price of the car would be decided before the official launch.
- Etios hatch would be in the range of Maruti Swift and Ritz.
- Etios sedan would compete with Tata Manza and Maruti Dezire.

Source: Toyota to begin producing 'Etios' by December- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 21st February 2010, 13:22   #138
BHPian

This car looks so similar to Logan. Even with its bland looks im sure that Etios will do very well. Remember Qualis.
Old 21st February 2010, 13:34   #139
Senior - BHPian

So the launch is not before feb-march 2011,typical of toyota to take the cautious route.And i believe this is the Etios sedan which will be launched first?
Old 21st February 2010, 22:51   #140
BHPian

In this segment, Toyota will face the stiffest competition. It won't be a cakewalk for them especially competing with the likes of Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, TATA, VW and GM. Recently, due to various recalls their RELIABLE image has taken a hit.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:11   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently, due to various recalls their RELIABLE image has taken a hit.
It's only us who would remember this as we are Team BHP. General public would has already forgotton about this by now. Etios is coming in 2011 where Toyota Reliability issues would be history.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:35   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
It's only us who would remember this as we are Team BHP. General public would has already forgotton about this by now. Etios is coming in 2011 where Toyota Reliability issues would be history.
True but their rivals won't let it go easily. I'm talking about these sales executives out there of rival brands. Once a potential customer lands up in their showrooms, they certainly will have few things to say about Toyota cars. Like you said, this issue may become history or it may turn out to be a curse, you never know. Strange things happen in India.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:48   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
I think TOYOTA won't like to admit it, but the Etios is nothing but an updated "Toyota ECHO". which looks plain, dull and dated, at least to me.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.
Is that a car, or what? Fugly+Yuck = F....
Old 25th May 2010, 01:06   #144
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Is that a car, or what? Fugly+Yuck = F....
Couldnt agree more ,this car looks horrible .Wonder what toyota guys were thinking while making this ugly design :o . Very disappointed :(

Toyota need to price both the cars very sensibly , because there is a very stiff competition in this segment .

Guys, any idea about the engine spec for both sedan n hatch?
Old 25th May 2010, 04:28   #145
BHPian

I am shocked to see the reaction of fellow members on this car. I agree that it does not look smashing but common guys, that's the way Toyota goes. It all depends on the complete package and not just the looks. Otherwise, Punto should have been a big hit. And do not forget the mighty Qualis, which was nothing but a box on wheels but still was a big hit because of all other virtues. Toyota Corolla in over all looks compared to Honda Civic is not smart looking at all, but still manages to sell double than Civic, just because a complete package.

So I think we should wait until the specifications and details are announced.
Old 25th May 2010, 06:19   #146
Team-BHP Support

I would wait for the full specs of the care to be unveiled. Also what accessories are on offer? Then we decide, what is the worth? Going by the Toyota badge, reliability should at least be of them. That should at least make the car sell.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:37   #147
BHPian

Looks doesn't impressive much. Hope the real one will come with a better interior than this. Will have to wait and see whether it rocks or not. If the price range is around 5Lakhs with a VFM & FE, then can give a very good competition to existing hatch backs like swift/ritz,figo,i10,i20,indica vista,etc...

Thanks,
SANSI
Old 26th May 2010, 09:10   #148
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
I am shocked to see the reaction of fellow members on this car. I agree that it does not look smashing but common guys, that's the way Toyota goes.
The main grouse, for most members here, is that the Etios already looks old & outdated. Some also feel that it resembles the Logan in some ways. No one expects a Toyota to look "smashing"; however, we do expect it to look like a car of the current time. Example : The Innova. It's not a looker, but is sufficiently contemporary & modern for the segment.
Old 18th July 2010, 23:02   #149
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Agreed Etios sedan is a look alike of Logan, but pretty sure they will rework on their final product as this is still a concept. My grouse is not against the exteriors but the interiors.
If they are keen on competing with Dzire/Indigo/Manza they better get their socks up. The Center Console needs reworking and i believe the seats shown are temporary. Interiors are way too bland but end of the day are they practical
@xing --> you are a tuff man and expecting a lot. No Pun intended but you would be a demanding customer probably a rolls royce at 25 Lakhs might do the trick for you
Old 19th July 2010, 01:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

Well, toyota is confident despite the looks they can pull it off with the Etios, they did it with the Qualis. More than the looks I hope they haven't copied the self accelerating toyotas sold to the Yankees.
I'm surprised even after announcing a small car project much before Toyota there is no noise from Honda, other than a plastic mock up at the Expo!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks