Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 07:37   #421
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Etios test drive at two channels, Overdrive & Zigwheels. Both the programmes did not speak highly about the performance and neither of the tester were appreciating anything about the interior/exteriors of the car.

Personally even I am put off by the centre Instrument cluster and the AC vents positioning. I guess Etios would be the choice of the consumer who get disaapointed by Dzire's waiting period and Tata's know legacy of Manza worries.
Old 30th November 2010, 09:38   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Your answer is not convincing at all. If all the hatchbacks in the market can have AC vents side by side, why can't Etios. Is Etios narrower than an Estilo?
I don't find your arguments convincing either. As posted by Prod, he is facing similar issue in Fiesta also. May be people have not noticed yet for other cars. Does the design look good? No, Not at all. But again, it is function over form. And going back to Corolla, Toyota repositioned the AC vents in Altis in such a way so that they are not obstructed by Steering wheel. This is coming from my own experience as I have owned Corolla and own Camry (New Altis carries Camry like AC vents position: Both AC Vents are on top of the Console and not on either side like old corolla).

Going back to Cost Cutting: Yes, it is pretty evident that Toyota has done cost cutting but the expected price range mentioned on the forum seems reasonable enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
My Fiesta hade the AC vents in their "usual" place. When i turn on the AC, the cold air would blow straight at my palm/fingers.
I really dont see a problem in having AC vents placed else where, granted the dash looks quirky, but is it a deal breaker??, when it's competition is really the DZire ??
+1. I am not saying that the dash is the best looking out there in the market. It does not look great but it is not deal breaker at all.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 30th November 2010 at 09:39.
Old 30th November 2010, 09:46   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Saw the Etios test drive at two channels, Overdrive & Zigwheels. Both the programmes did not speak highly about the performance and neither of the tester were appreciating anything about the interior/exteriors of the car.
Very true Etios is not about performance it is intentionally designed as city car which focus on comfort, large cabin space and meant for people who look for value for money.

Toyota’s are generally not known for its looks but they are boringly reliable machines which goes on and on and on….My friend in US had a Toyota Corolla which had done more than 150,000 miles and still going great.

In today’s Bangalore TOI/ Mirror I saw an advertisement by Maruti giving some good discounts on its cars for a limited period looks like a Toyota effect…
Old 30th November 2010, 10:35   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Hi @t-jet-mahi: Isnt the driver seat height adjustable? Also can you please find out more about the nature of discomfort e.g., not enough underthigh support or steering wheel is obstructing?

thanks!
Well, it is mainly due to the steering wheel obstruction. But, overall visibility is excellent.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:15   #425
BHPian

I do not know if it has been mentioned here earlier. From past two weeks I am watching Freewheeling on NDTV. Wherein SVP is covering the etios (project name EFC). How the chief engineer Mr. Housonori Noritake from Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan have studied Indian conditions by visiting small towns and even small parking lots. How challenging it was to manage low cost keeping in mind about the quality Toyota offers. It is one Hell of coverage.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:40   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I do not know if it has been mentioned here earlier. From past two weeks I am watching Freewheeling on NDTV. Wherein SVP is covering the etios (project name EFC). How the chief engineer Mr. Housonori Noritake from Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan have studied Indian conditions by visiting small towns and even small parking lots. How challenging it was to manage low cost keeping in mind about the quality Toyota offers. It is one Hell of coverage.
+1. I saw the Toyota Documentary on NDTV Profit. I think the 2nd Part of same documentary will be aired on Saturday 7 :30 PM and Sunday 03:00 PM.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:53   #427
BHPian

Call it the Etios effect, SX4 is now on offer with 70,000 discount. With that discount the VXi and Zxi will be priced similar to the G and V of Etios.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:04   #428
BHPian

@karanraheja

The show freewheeling is also aired on NDTV Profit Sundays 11.30 am

I will say looks are subjective but with Toyota Quality one will have satisfaction of mind. My father looks pretty keen on Swift Desire and is Petrol head. If Etios is priced well i should be able to convince him, as we are planing to buy a entry level sedan around April - May 2011. Hope Toyota would not let us down
Old 30th November 2010, 12:34   #429
BANNED

The magic words in India are: Kmpl + Diesel + Brand Name.

All three are in the Toyota Etios.

Ugly will sell if the above three are true. To quote Metallica: "Nothing Else Matters".
Old 30th November 2010, 13:38   #430
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Nandi Toyota - Etios Sedan Bangalore launch is scheduled tomorrow. Price 5.5-7.5 lacs.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:45   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Got a call from Nandi Toyota - Etios Sedan Bangalore launch is scheduled tomorrow. Price 5.5-7.5 lacs.
Was the call just to say this? Have they invited you for the launch? Hope the display cars are there.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:42   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
I am not saying that the dash is the best looking out there in the market. It does not look great but it is not deal breaker at all.
The dash is not the dealbreaker? Well may be to you. But to me it is. In fact the dash with its vertical vents, red colour layout makes me puke.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:14   #433
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
While all these fights are going in here there are lots of action happening in the market.

sx4 is to be launched in Diesel version in dec or Jan 2011,this was told to me by SA of a dealership

In the mean while today morning i saw a new car being tested and front and back were camouflaged.it had muscular doors like CRUZE and tail lights like Fiesta/Verna and front part was like esteem though not that low.

I am confused

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD APPROPRIATELY IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY THE CAR

Sorry for the pic clarity
This is definitely the new Verna. The tail lamps + twin exhausts are a big give away.

The link gives the pictures taken by balaji in Chennai.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-10.html
Old 30th November 2010, 15:23   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Its the new Ford Fiesta - must be testing prior to its launch next year. The high boot is a giveaway.

OT : The new Fiesta and Verna are remarkably similar in poise. Only the corporate faces in front differentiate them
but the new fiesta sedan doesn't have 2 exhaust pipes.
Even the rearlights are different in the 2011 fiesta sedan, but the boot looks strikingly similar.

Edit: It's the Hyundai Verna. Thx @MAS.

Last edited by Daewood : 30th November 2010 at 15:26.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:28   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
While all these fights are going in here there are lots of action happening in the market.

sx4 is to be launched in Diesel version in dec or Jan 2011,this was told to me by SA of a dealership

In the mean while today morning i saw a new car being tested and front and back were camouflaged.it had muscular doors like CRUZE and tail lights like Fiesta/Verna and front part was like esteem though not that low.

I am confused

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD APPROPRIATELY IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY THE CAR

Sorry for the pic clarity
Its the new 2011 Verna.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed