Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 14:17   #481
BHPian

Good Pricing but I hope the Etios Sedan does not become yet another 'Reliable Taxi' on Indian roads. Please, Toyoda Uncle, Please!!
Old 1st December 2010, 14:21   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
I am wondering the same as well ! at 930 kilos for a sedan it is lighter than the the much older OHC vtec which was infact complained of being to too light and therefore a little scary to drive at 140+ . Although this is 2010 and the materials used have improved leaps and bounds i cant say i am not concerned about the the safety but if it can still pass the safety tests then a light weight sedan is the way to go!
Actually, the weight of the car does not have much to do with the driving dynamics and safety. The Baleno was also a very light car - kerb weight is somewhere around 950, but still pretty stable at high speeds.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:27   #483
BHPian

'G' variant with optional ABD+Airbags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The variant to go for IMO, is the 'G'. It has all the essential equipments one needs and ABS+Airbags is optional extra. At 5.46L, it's a good buy (if you can live with those ugly interiors).
+1 to that , the 'G' variant with the ABS+Airbags option would appeal to a larger community who would try and balance Safety & Overall cost of purchase.
Seems like Toyota has another winner on hand !

Hope they launch the diesel variant without much delay to cater to the unsatiable Indian appetite for diesel motors !!! (especially a Toyota Diesel Motor)
cheers
Old 1st December 2010, 14:27   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
@karanraheja

The show freewheeling is also aired on NDTV Profit Sundays 11.30 am

here is a link for the video, its a nice watch

Toyota?s entry family car
Old 1st December 2010, 14:30   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Good Pricing but I hope the Etios Sedan does not become yet another 'Reliable Taxi' on Indian roads. Please, Toyoda Uncle, Please!!
Why would that be? Whats wrong with being a reliable Taxi? By that logic Mercedes main model the E-class, and the Toyota Corolla itself should both be total disasters, since the E-Class is the preferred Taxi in Europe and most of the Taxis in Singapore, Thailand etc are Corollas.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:30   #486
BHPian

The price is a shocker. But both Manza and DZire has diesel engines and the Etios not. But being a Toyota, it may grab the petrol car sales from both. But people who want to go for a diesel still have only two choices + the Logan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Actually, the weight of the car does not have much to do with the driving dynamics and safety. The Baleno was also a very light car - kerb weight is somewhere around 950, but still pretty stable at high speeds.
OT: The much touted Baleno was one of the most unsafe cars tested by EuroNCAP. ( Suzuki Baleno | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating )
Old 1st December 2010, 14:40   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Yes. It is an eyewash but they have the huge taxi market waiting to grab it.
Petrol and taxi market don't go together.
Maybe if they do a gas conversion, it will work.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:41   #488
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Kudos Toyota...

Pricing is spot-on. Being Toyota, they have priced it at a very slight premium compared to Dzire and Logan.

Guys, the kerb weight was already known to all of us quite sometime back.

Let us wait till there are official test drive report by GTO or one of the MODS. I am sure we will be able to find out if Etios is really worth the price.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:43   #489
BHPian

Comaprison - A quick guide

Hye guys,
I have done a quick comparison between Toyota-Etios VX and Tata-Manza Aura+.
I have attached excel sheet also.. please feel free to modify it with any car-model (dzire??)..
Ex-showroom price of etios is taken as 6.68L and that of Manza 6.24L
Attached Thumbnails
Pics:Toyota unveils the Etios concept at the AE 2010. UPDATE: PRICES pg30!-etios-manza-comparisonenthu.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: xls etios manza comparison-enthu.xls (22.0 KB, 478 views)
Old 1st December 2010, 14:47   #490
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
For those in Delhi-the car will be on display at Select Citywalk mall, saket on December 4 and 5.
SID any idea whats the price in chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
The base version might sell some numbers but IMO lack of power steering will definitely affect the taxi sales as well. Probably, the low price is being advertised to make the people come to the show room. Once they get in, then they would look at the higher versions and probably close a deal
Exactly ,that seems to be the strategy plus a taxi market sales too
Old 1st December 2010, 14:52   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The price is a shocker. But both Manza and DZire has diesel engines and the Etios not. But being a Toyota, it may grab the petrol car sales from both. But people who want to go for a diesel still have only two choices + the Logan.

OT: The much touted Baleno was one of the most unsafe cars tested by EuroNCAP. ( Suzuki Baleno | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating )
Euro NCAP provides crash ratings not handling or stability ratings for a vehicle.

Weight of a car does matter in handling and stability but am sure with the use of current manufacturing technologies and latest design parameters a car's weight can be bought down without sacrificing on body rigidity and high speed stability.

More light could be shed on the topic after a proper road test, though there was nothing specific on this matter (high speed stability) in the recent Autocar first drive of the Etios.

peace,
~kg
Old 1st December 2010, 14:56   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Any worthy VFM vehicle in lower segment (specially great space and mileage coupled with low maintenance and long life) cannot escape from being a taxi. But how does it matter to you?
Old 1st December 2010, 14:56   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
Hye guys,
I have done a quick comparison between Toyota-Etios VX and Tata-Manza Aura+.
I have attached excel sheet also.. please feel free to modify it with any car-model (dzire??)..
Ex-showroom price of etios is taken as 6.68L and that of Manza 6.24L
amazing comparo...I could never have expected to see a price comparison between a Toyota and Tata model
can you please tell me where can I look up the specs for the Etios?

peace,
~kg
Old 1st December 2010, 15:00   #494
Senior - BHPian

Have the Toyota guys taken an oath to make their cars as ugly as possible? Why can't they hire a proper designer to design a car. Do well designed good looking cars consume more raw material in terms of metal etc etc. Say does a Vento front grille consumes more metal than what toyota has put on this car?

Or is this Toyota way of quality check? Make cars so good and VFM that inspite of being totally ugly people still buy them, and hence pat on back. Good work with quality.

I do not like this car.

Last edited by download2live : 1st December 2010 at 15:02.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:00   #495
BHPian

check the etios details over here.........
Toyota - Etios Specification
Toyota - NEW ETIOS

@kg,
yes, absolutely, its really hard to belive that we are comparing toyota and tata
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks