Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 13:28   #196
Awaiting Email Confirmation

on first impressions, the dash is heavily inspired by Range Rover. It's got auto headlamps and auto aero wipers! AC vents on C pillars look cool. Steering controls are added bonus. The interiors are much better than any TATA till date (assuming i did not see those oddly colored folding trays).
Old 6th January 2010, 13:33   #197
Senior - BHPian

Aria looks smashing to me.It has all the modern features,built quality,space and gadgetary.It could give a stiff competition to Innova unless Toyota decides to launch a far superior model.
The Wipers swing action direction look different on Aria
Old 6th January 2010, 13:55   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
No offence, but i seriously don't think Tata can hope to price it anywhere above 10L and sell decent numbers.

They might be trying to create an impression of 12-13lakh and launch it with a price of 8-10 lakh, so that people think it is a steal; a la Manza.
The specs that we have seen in the launch vehicle are surely for the top end model. Stripped down versions are sure to appear along the way to take on the Innova and the Xylo. That is where the numbers are, and rest assured, Tata will be addressing that segment.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:08   #199
BHPian

Tata has come out with a very nice 7 seater with lots of details being taken into account. I especially liked the column based A/c vents for the the last row of passengers.
This is sure to drive the ugly hideous Xylo out of the market.
Way to go Tata....COngratulations on the new launch and all the best...!!!!
Folks at Toyota need something newer in this segment as changing the looks on the Innova does not help very much.

Thanks for the amazing photos...!!!
Old 6th January 2010, 14:09   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
The simpler one is 4x2 and the other is the 4x4.

Tata will not be stupid to offer the MUV as AWD alone and jack the price and weight unnecessarily.
As I collated details in post #165, there will be a 4x2 option, all eyes to Q2 now for pricing specs etc.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:36   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
TATA is obsessed with the smiley grill as Mahindra is with their tooth grill. These two companies will have tough time ahead if they don't stop this now. Already we have seen how much they find it hard to design a whole vehicle keeping nothing but the grill in hand viz. Indica Vista, Xylo etc.,
Absolutely true. Especially Mahindras. Some of their offerings like the Gio look plain ugly . Tatas till now have not stretched the smiling grill too much and that grill seems to be more 'flexible' than the Mahindra tooth. Tatas have done a decent job with the world truck and New Safari 2.2 VTT. Only in the Aria, they stretched the smile a bit too much which still is kinda ok. But looking at the way Mahindras is going with that toothed grille, pasting it everywhere from a cheap goods carrier to a technologically superior SUV(Scorpio m Hawk), they are un-necessarily making things easier for the competition vis a vis brand image and positioning.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:41   #202
BHPian

Not too happy with the front. It looks modern and unique, but looks very car-ish in the side profile shots. But I suppose it suits an MPV. I wouldn't buy an SUV with that front. However on the front-on shots, it does indeed look butch. Maybe a less curvy bonnet line and a slightly longer one, would adorn a SUV very well.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:01   #203
Senior - BHPian

Ambivalent and Hillram,

You need to experience the quality of interiors a bit more. I'm not quite convinced from what I saw at the unveiling. Toyota is a toyota is a toyota.

On that note - the interiors of the Winger ambulance on display are HIDEOUS!
Old 6th January 2010, 15:04   #204
BHPian

I just hope the steering isnt as lifeless and light as the grande.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:24   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You need to experience the quality of interiors a bit more. I'm not quite convinced from what I saw at the unveiling. Toyota is a toyota is a toyota.
Did you see Etios interior, I think Nano is better than that

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th January 2010 at 15:32.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:30   #206
BHPian

I am stunned !!!

Simply SUPERB. Tatas are on the right track. Within 10 years, they have learnt the tricks of the trade. Way to go.

Am I spoilt for choice now? So much to look for from this expo that fits my budget. I think would be worth the wait for one more Q.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:31   #207
BHPian

Aria really looks promising. Tata has done some real good work here. Waiting to see it in flesh. Looks bigger than Innova lookin at some pictures. Kudos to Tata once again.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:33   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
TATA is obsessed with the smiley grill as Mahindra is with their tooth grill. These two companies will have tough time ahead if they don't stop this now. Already we have seen how much they find it hard to design a whole vehicle keeping nothing but the grill in hand viz. Indica Vista, Xylo etc.,
I believe your views would thus extend to the likes of BMW, Jeep, Audi and other such manufacturers who try to maintain a family look

I think its a fairly common practice amongst manufacturers worldwide and don't see anything wrong with this. But then that's me!

Last edited by viper_711 : 6th January 2010 at 15:49.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:56   #209
Senior - BHPian

Gud job by Tata, totally commendable.

i am just waiting for the pricing part.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:02   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Ambivalent and Hillram,

At what price point is the comparison ? Innova interiors are not any better then Aria ( visually as seen in pictures) don't know in flesh and blood.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks