Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
443,203 views
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:40   #526
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: miami. fl
Posts: 452
Thanked: 205 Times

The Aria should be launched most likely in May or June. We are going according to our plans. As for exporting it, we will make all our cars available outside the country depending on their need or relevance, a senior Tata Motor official told The Telegraph

Link:

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Business | Tata Motors to roll out Aria

I totally agree with you. They were supposed to release it by now. Tata has a record of delaying it's launches.
airbender is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:27   #527
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 155 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
They were supposed to release it by now. Tata has a record of delaying it's launches.
Tata Motors has not officially announced the launch date yet. All the dates are mere speculation by the media quoting un-named TM officials.
teamveevee is offline  
Old 4th April 2010, 21:57   #528
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 1,703
Thanked: 780 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
Sales of D-Zire and Punto contradicts your observation.
You don't seem to have got my point. What I had meant was that a famous designer like Georgetto Gugiaro will cost a fortune but will at least create a car with style and identity and so the expense would be worth it.

I'll never buy a D-Zire because of the way the car looks. It would be reasonable to assume there are others like me. Had the car been good looking, I'm sure it would have sold even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
IMHO looks are subjective, and spending a bomb on design does not gurantee success. Case in porint :- Tata Motors Concept Group UK experiment.
The Concept Group designed the Xenon first which is indeed a looker. The Grande design is derivative, just like the D-Zire is a Swift derivative.
directinjection is offline  
Old 5th April 2010, 02:54   #529
BHPian
 
gshanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coimbatore / Bangalore / New York
Posts: 717
Thanked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
What I had meant was that a famous designer like Georgetto Gugiaro will cost a fortune but will at least create a car with style and identity and so the expense would be worth it.
Though I agree with you that a good design is well worth the money I do not think that TATA is in a position to influence the sales by design. IMO their first priority is to set the quality front straight. We can then talk about design.

However, M&M could use a very good design.
gshanky is offline  
Old 5th April 2010, 15:17   #530
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KL 7
Posts: 2,387
Thanked: 6,265 Times

I dont think design is a really big concern for Tata, honestly most of their cars look way better that uglier but more successful rivals. Like many have mentioned before where they need catching up with is quality.
Even the Aria for that matter is a looker especially given the restrictions of its MPV dimensions.
shortbread is offline  
Old 5th April 2010, 16:26   #531
Senior - BHPian
 
fx45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by E C U View Post
Suzuki has got something similar called XL7 in other markets ..
That is actually based on Chevrolet Equinox if i am not wrong. and it is only sold as LHD in North America
fx45 is offline  
Old 5th April 2010, 20:47   #532
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 22 Times

Aria looks nice but cant Tata do away with the age old C pillar rear lights?? Come on Tata...
harishF1 is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 15:18   #533
BHPian
 
Silverfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 227
Thanked: 838 Times
Shock pricing for Aria

My source in Tata motors tells me that they are aiming at a price between 9-10 lakh for the Aria !
I do not know if this is for the base version, but in any case it brings the Innova directly in the line of fire of the Aria
Also the Safari that has been caught testing will not be an all new vehicle but a facelift.
Silverfire is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 15:31   #534
R_R
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NCR
Posts: 318
Thanked: 291 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Also the Safari that has been caught testing will not be an all new vehicle but a facelift.
Any idea when the facelifted Safari is likely to be out?
R_R is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 15:33   #535
BHPian
 
aman9393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 427
Thanked: 150 Times

That surely must be the pricing for the base variant. Probably targeted at the taxi market.
Though i hope that the Aria does not get the famed taxi tag.
aman9393 is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 16:41   #536
BHPian
 
ranc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lost somewhere on the Leh Manali hway
Posts: 516
Thanked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
My source in Tata motors tells me that they are aiming at a price between 9-10 lakh for the Aria !
I do not know if this is for the base version, but in any case it brings the Innova directly in the line of fire of the Aria
Also the Safari that has been caught testing will not be an all new vehicle but a facelift.
Tata's are a confused lot, my inside birdie had told me last year that the Manza will be launched by Dusherra and the IndiCruz aka Aria will be launched by Diwali the expected price then was between 7-8 lakhs. Then they did a turn around saying the launch will be deffered because of the ECU problem. Finally it was displayed in the auto expo and people started quoting price of 14-15 lakhs. I think the whole purpose of bringing out the Aria was to eat into the Innova market and to do that they have to price the vehicle less than the Innova and also offer the goodies that they can.
ranc is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 16:49   #537
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 148 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I dont think design is a really big concern for Tata, honestly most of their cars look way better that uglier but more successful rivals. Like many have mentioned before where they need catching up with is quality.
Even the Aria for that matter is a looker especially given the restrictions of its MPV dimensions.
well i would disagree with that

Swift>Indica
Dzire>Manza
Innova>Aria

Volvo>Marcopolo

Safari=Scorpio(both Equally Good or Equally Bad)
Well
only The Nano is a looker compared to its rival the 20 year old 800 and
The Magic iris is better looking than the Bajaj Auto.

Looks do matter in a market for a vehicle to survive.
vinaydas is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 18:00   #538
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CNN/BLR
Posts: 4,241
Thanked: 10,066 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well i would disagree with that

Swift>Indica
Dzire>Manza
Innova>Aria

Volvo>Marcopolo

Safari=Scorpio(both Equally Good or Equally Bad)
Well
only The Nano is a looker compared to its rival the 20 year old 800 and
The Magic iris is better looking than the Bajaj Auto.

Looks do matter in a market for a vehicle to survive.
That is a funny comparison, according to me

Swift>Indica - But time has come to redesign Swift. It looks aged now.
Dzire<Manza - Even school kids agree that
Innova<Aria - Old Innova was not that bad, but new one is ugly

Volvo>Marcopolo - No comments
Latheesh is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 18:54   #539
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,135
Thanked: 685 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well i would disagree with that

Dzire>Manza

Safari=Scorpio(both Equally Good or Equally Bad)
You can't be serious with that!
safari_lover is offline  
Old 9th April 2010, 19:46   #540
BHPian
 
aman9393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 427
Thanked: 150 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well i would disagree with that

Swift>Indica
Dzire>Manza
Innova>Aria

Volvo>Marcopolo

Safari=Scorpio(both Equally Good or Equally Bad)
Well
only The Nano is a looker compared to its rival the 20 year old 800 and
The Magic iris is better looking than the Bajaj Auto.

Looks do matter in a market for a vehicle to survive.
Dude you got to be kidding me!
Would happily agree on the Swift and Indica part, but never on the Dzire better than Manza.
And as Latheesh, the Aria looks better than the current face lifted Innova.
The Safari has got a timeless design to it. For me it is a better looker compared to the Scorpio.

This is purely my opinion and no offence meant to anybody.
aman9393 is offline  
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks