Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 22:01   #541
Senior - BHPian

i was just doing a very rough baseless comparison
But to my Eyes most tata's are not lookers but rather they are built for a purpose.
only the nano looks rather cute compared to its older rivals.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:11   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
i was just doing a very rough baseless comparison
But to my Eyes most tata's are not lookers but rather they are built for a purpose.
only the nano looks rather cute compared to its older rivals.
It was very evident from your post that your comparision is baseless. For me, except for the long rear lights Tata's are lookers. Vista sport displayed at the expo was one hot hatch.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:19   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
It was very evident from your post that your comparision is baseless. For me, except for the long rear lights Tata's are lookers. Vista sport displayed at the expo was one hot hatch.
dude do not compare modified cars with ones being sold in the market.
a good cosmetic surgery can make even the ugliest look decent.

I have met very very few people (atleast not IRL) who find Tata's Aesthetic.

small modifications to my previous list

Punto>Swift>Figo>Vista

Linea>Dzire>Manza>Logan

Cheers.

Last edited by vinaydas : 9th April 2010 at 22:26.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:06   #544
BHPian

Quote:
dude do not compare modified cars with ones being sold in the market.
a good cosmetic surgery can make even the ugliest look decent.

I have met very very few people (atleast not IRL) who find Tata's Aesthetic.

small modifications to my previous list

Punto>Swift>Figo>Vista

Linea>Dzire>Manza>Logan

Cheers.
Vinay: I am not comparing Tata's cars to anything. I was just giving out my opinion. If we have a poll onthis forum on looks of Dzire and manza, Manza will win hands down. Again looks are subjective, so people have their own right to select Dzire.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:52   #545
BHPian

Very true, the Manza will win hands, leg, ...etc down any day any time. The Dzire looks like an aftermarket job and the looks are very poor to say the least.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:41   #546
BHPian

In terms of looks both the Dzire and Manza are equally ugly. Value for money is Manza. Driving pleasure would be Dzire. Innova is more proven that Aria and it wins hands down.
Old 15th April 2010, 12:47   #547
BHPian

I saw TATA Aria in HAL airport yesterday night while i was returning home around 9:00 PM. The TATA badge was removed and only the ARIA badge was intact. Sorry for the pic quality it's clicked using mobile by my wife.Looks better in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-dsc00006.gif  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-dsc00009.gif  

Old 15th April 2010, 13:34   #548
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the vehicle is huge, but still rear looks plain.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:52   #549
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle is running on a final test drive aka field tests pan india. The field trials are being done by the CS of TML The vehicle would be passing jaipur ahmedabad etc on its way back home.

Happened to see the veh in person.. sorry didnt have a camera..

So the launch is pretty near guys. keep eyes glued to the news

1. Rack and pinion steering
2. TS 4x4 Torque sensing
3. Same gearbox with modded gear ratios.
4. Same 2.2 engine with lots of gizmos electronics.
5. Dual Mass flywheel to reduce NVH
6. All new chassis with modded metallurgy.

So if i heard right, all mistakes of 3.0 and 2.2 are perse.. hopefully ..fingercrossed ... corrected in aria

Now.. when is the launch.. SIDINDICA where are thou ?
Old 15th April 2010, 14:09   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Innova is more proven that Aria and it wins hands down.
I wish you could reserve this sentiment at least until the Aria is launched and you get to park yourself in one. What you said reeks of plain indifference.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:28   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
Very true, the Manza will win hands, leg, ...etc down any day any time. The Dzire looks like an aftermarket job and the looks are very poor to say the least.
Aftermarket job? Maruti Suzuki must be proud then because if there such vehicles are also becoming super-hit in the market with so much competition
Old 15th April 2010, 15:16   #552
BHPian

somewhat Replicates Honda MUVs.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:20   #553
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The discussion has in the last many posts (except the Aria snaps from bang) been drifting towards Tata Design vs the rest of the world. Without stating my views on this would like to request that we stick to the topic "Aria" and that irrelevant posts including this one be deleted by the Mods.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:06   #554
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the Aria is mentioned all over as being due for a May-June Launch how can we:

1) Book it in advance - like the fortuner was my many people. - what would be the process.
2) How does one select the variant - except say the top version - what about colour etc. Does one just put in money in the blind and then post launch go to the dealer to specific the exact version one wishes to lock in? What if the final launched version is disappointing- Say does not have 4X4 in the initial version or something else that was initially mentioned and is critical?

Can those with prior experience from booking Fortuners before launch comment?

Also in case of Toyota quality is never doubted, and the fortuner was available across the world prior to India launch, how advisable would it be with the Aria. TATA definately have put in efforts to make this a very good product, but one would never know how well they have succeded untill the first batch of vehicles is out.

Do note this specific query post is only about how one could book the Aria in Advance and NOT in general about all cars. Does any one know a TATA dealier in Mumbai who does it? Has any one done it previously for the Manza or the Vista.

Knowing how high featured the Aria is and from the previous recall of the time it took for the Safari 2.2 to roll out in the inital phase prior bookings may speed up deliveries for an Individual by almost 7 weeks.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:59   #555
BHPian

Quote:
well i would disagree with that

Swift>Indica
Dzire>Manza
Innova>Aria
And I would disagree with you,as most bhpians usually do. Indica > Swift. I compared both before buying an Indica turbo as my first car (The performance diesel was an added factor as were the low costs of running).
Other two, I don't know what to say. AFAIK people buy innovas for their utility and not for their looks. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
But from usually reading your posts, I would not be surprised in future that you found the ugliest cars beautiful. You enhance the meaning of the word democracy. It's nice to state your opinion, but I have seen enough to say that I am yet to see a really objective opinion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed