Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 19:35   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post

But, I would still like to know about the car that isolates wind noise and engine noise fully?
Can any one answer this? Looks like if they nothing to point they go for wind noise as if competitors have it.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:24   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post

But, I would still like to know about the car that isolates wind noise and engine noise fully?
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Can any one answer this? Looks like if they nothing to point they go for wind noise as if competitors have it.
Airbender, confusing as your above comment maybe on a stand alone basis, I get what you are trying to say.

We all can imagine wind noise intruding into car cabins and I am not saying it only happens in cars manufactured by Tata.
My point was that as a owner of Tata cars I do experience wind noise creeping into the cabin much earlier (in terms of car speed) and perhaps in higher magnitude/volume than cars manufactured by other manufacturers.

So without attaching your emotional sentiments, can you just look at my comments at face value? or perhaps as constructive criticism?

Btw, I am not alone in reporting this issue. From what I remember this has been pointed many a times in the technical thread too. An example below (from bj96's 2.2 VTT ownership thread):

I did feel this air "turbulence" noise on the driver window after 100+. What is the remedy? I thought it may be due to the depression of "rain water groove" that runs through the edge of the roof and parallel to the windows on both sides. ?

EDIT: Apologize for the last couple of posts, unrelated to the basic thread. End making my point with this post, as am off to try check the cabin wind noise inside a Lambo V12.

Last edited by rrsteer : 14th June 2010 at 23:34.
Old 15th June 2010, 00:35   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Airbender, confusing as your above comment maybe on a stand alone basis, I get what you are trying to say.

We all can imagine wind noise intruding into car cabins and I am not saying it only happens in cars manufactured by Tata.
My point was that as a owner of Tata cars I do experience wind noise creeping into the cabin much earlier (in terms of car speed) and perhaps in higher magnitude/volume than cars manufactured by other manufacturers.

So without attaching your emotional sentiments, can you just look at my comments at face value? or perhaps as constructive criticism?

Btw, I am not alone in reporting this issue. From what I remember this has been pointed many a times in the technical thread too. An example below (from bj96's 2.2 VTT ownership thread):

I did feel this air "turbulence" noise on the driver window after 100+. What is the remedy? I thought it may be due to the depression of "rain water groove" that runs through the edge of the roof and parallel to the windows on both sides. ?

EDIT: Apologize for the last couple of posts, unrelated to the basic thread. End making my point with this post, as am off to try check the cabin wind noise inside a Lambo V12.
At first looking at your post, the impression was like when there are so many things to talk about why is he talking about wind noise. Wind noise is something none of the automakers have mastered. My friend got a new infinite sedan and he started experiencing wind noise in just 3 months. As he is under warrenty he took it to the dealer but to no use. It looked strange that you were expecting it from Tata when the big and mightly cannot get it right. The initial comment came from a safari owner(150K mile) too. Manza owners felt happy about wind noise in the ownership reports here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Hi guys,

Seems the wait it over a 50 per day production is slated to be started from tomorrow, because the paint shop will go online today. A sure shot launch is very near, can expect in last week of june or 1st week of july.
Thanks for the news. That means we can expect a official [COLOR=#1111cc]announcement[/COLOR] anytime. Tata has been making a great progress since vista. Will have to see if they continue it with Aria.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:47   #664
Senior - BHPian

Today spotted a light blue Aria for a change (Have been seeing only white ones so far). It had the full chrome front grill (top end model i guess). This was on the Pune Nashik highway. Like a lot of people have mentioned, it sure does have road presence.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:52   #665
BHPian

I spotted it on Pune-Banglore bypass near Pune and I felt WOW! The car certainly is a head turner, I loved it.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:20   #666
BHPian

Spotted a red Tata Aria near Model Colony/FC Road. It just passed by me.
Looked striking and crisp. Notably the interiors seem excellent.

Innova is going to have tough competition.
It seemed like a ready vehicle .... Any guesses/info on launch date ?

Last edited by dsmatharu : 15th June 2010 at 21:21.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:33   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmatharu View Post
Spotted a red Tata Aria near Model Colony/FC Road. It just passed by me.
Looked striking and crisp. Notably the interiors seem excellent.

Innova is going to have tough competition.
It seemed like a ready vehicle .... Any guesses/info on launch date ?
While there is a of of speculation about how the Aria might challenge the Innova, I do not see such a thing happening. The Aria would be priced higher than the Safari (justifiably so) and there is no way it can compete with the Innova (as much as I would like that to happen).
Old 15th June 2010, 22:18   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
While there is a of of speculation about how the Aria might challenge the Innova, I do not see such a thing happening. The Aria would be priced higher than the Safari (justifiably so) and there is no way it can compete with the Innova (as much as I would like that to happen).
Well, when the Innova was launched, Toyota was surprised that the highest selling models were the top two instead of the bottom-end versions.

If (or maybe Since) the Aria is priced over the Innova, it could eat into the top-end Innova sales. And given that these account for the bulk of Innova sales, well.

I loved the overall package. Looks pretty balanced. There are a couple of things about the exteriors that could have been different, but then my eyes are not your eyes

Eagerly awaiting a full review by TBHP!

Last edited by VeluM : 15th June 2010 at 22:19. Reason: grr...
Old 15th June 2010, 23:55   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Well, when the Innova was launched, Toyota was surprised that the highest selling models were the top two instead of the bottom-end versions.

If (or maybe Since) the Aria is priced over the Innova, it could eat into the top-end Innova sales. And given that these account for the bulk of Innova sales, well.

I loved the overall package. Looks pretty balanced. There are a couple of things about the exteriors that could have been different, but then my eyes are not your eyes

Eagerly awaiting a full review by TBHP!
Completely agree with you, make no mistake, I love the Aria. Just that I am not that optimistic about the price, after all, the years old Safari VX sells for close to 12lakhs.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:12   #670
BHPian

Aria's spotted

I was travelling to Goa yesterday morning by NH4- a few kms ahead of Pune I spotted a dark grey aria passing on the other side towards pune. I was too shocked as it was my first sightings of a car thats not yet launched. In the shock i missed seeing the car completely . But imagine my surprise when a maroon colored Aria passed my car and it was looking smashing( the paint job) missed having a good look in the excitement... again. I was cursing myself if I would get to see it again. When I see a white one with black bumpers passing me on the other side. then one more with the same combination passed by again. Then I saw one parked at a road side tapri. By now it had sunk in completely and I was much more composed. It was now that one more grey Aria was coming up from behind and guys the stance of the car and its road presence is simply awesome, much much better and intimidating than an Innova, IMHO. Brand name plays an important role in India but if you look at the car as a product its much more smashing I must say. I repeat the road presence is simply bloody brilliant.

Now this Aria over took our car (Linea Petrol) and it zipped ahead of us really fast, we were travelling at around 100km/hr . The Aria was really zipping by all the cars on the highway, this will not be and exact deduction with respect to body roll of the car but the way i saw it moving from 1st lane to 3rd lane and back again at speeds more than 100km/hr, the body roll seemed to be minimal and the car seemed to be well planted on the road with that fat rubber. That blew my mind off. We didnt get a chance to catch up with it and soon it took a U turn and went back.

I really hope TATA takes more time to launch the Aria if required but when launched it should be more or less niggle free. This very well could be the car that bench marks TATA as a quality/rugged passenger vehicle maker in the market and people are open to pay 1.5 million for a TATA and that too with pride. I know I would.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-untitled1.psd.jpg  

Last edited by MihirC : 16th June 2010 at 16:18.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:10   #671
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks for sharing the photos. I could almost feel your excitement from the post . You are among the very few who actually posted a picture, mostly people had just seen it on the road.

I too think that the Aria has the potential to create a halo around the Tata brand and they should be ultra careful with the launch. Judging by the number of cars seen testing, I think they are doing exactly that.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:24   #672
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the snap. It really gives a good perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I really hope TATA takes more time to launch the Aria if required but when launched it should be more or less niggle free. This very well could be the car that bench marks TATA as a quality/rugged passenger vehicle maker in the market and people are open to pay 1.5 million for a TATA and that too with pride.
Yes. They need to improve the plastic quality as well.
Old 22nd June 2010, 01:50   #673
BHPian

Spotted a grey Aria near Aundh Pune yesterday, it sure is BIG and road presence is awesome. IMHO the front could have been made much better !
Old 25th June 2010, 01:31   #674

Spoke with one of the manager of B U Bhandari Showroom, Pune who said the launch will be be in the last week of July. Price will be between 10 to 15 lakhs.
Old 25th June 2010, 03:29   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordmariner View Post
Spoke with one of the manager of B U Bhandari Showroom, Pune who said the launch will be be in the last week of July. Price will be between 10 to 15 lakhs.
Great, now that's another confirmation that we required, the manager at BUB would know this for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks