Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 15:43   #766
Senior - BHPian

Nice!! The more I see it, the more I love it - that GC & the 17 inchers are a killer combo. Now, why the heck didn't they stick with a conventional 4x4 instead of an AWD without 4L
Old 1st July 2010, 15:58   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Nice!! The more I see it, the more I love it - that GC & the 17 inchers are a killer combo. Now, why the heck didn't they stick with a conventional 4x4 instead of an AWD without 4L
Leave something for next generation Safari , A ladder chassis and conventional 4X4 will make next Safari different from Aria ( Apart from Skin)
Old 1st July 2010, 16:01   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Leave something for next generation Safari , A ladder chassis and conventional 4X4 will make next Safari different from Aria ( Apart from Skin)
Arrey Amit, they wouldn't have had to scratch their heads to come up with a revamped Safari then, the Aria would have done the trick
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:18   #769
Senior - BHPian

Tata Aria - Caught Testing on Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Caught a rather off looking vehicle on the way to the EXAMM off-road challenge on the Mumbai - Pune expressway. I don't know if you have already seen the Aria in testing or in the flesh so I quickly whipped out my camera and filmed it in action.

The driver of the Aria tried weaving around so after about a minute of video I let him off in case he did something dangerous.

If you've already seen enough of the Aria (quite possible because I am not really clued in on the Indian car scene)...please move on

Enjoy...

Old 2nd July 2010, 23:13   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks gsferrari for the video.
The first video of the Aria that am seeing. Nice gypsy BTW.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:45   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Caught a rather off looking vehicle on the way to the EXAMM off-road challenge on the Mumbai - Pune expressway. I don't know if you have already seen the Aria in testing or in the flesh so I quickly whipped out my camera and filmed it in action.
Thanks for the video. The car looks smashing. I am praying for a freak pricing like the Manza.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:56   #772
BHPian

I wonder why the Arias that I have spotted as well as this one now keep sifting from lane 1-3 and back. I know it sounds foolish but I feel they have been instructed to do so by the engineering team just to see how the car handles at high speeds.

Isnt this the fox trot azure colour from the Linea??
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:36   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I wonder why the Arias that I have spotted as well as this one now keep sifting from lane 1-3 and back. I know it sounds foolish but I feel they have been instructed to do so by the engineering team just to see how the car handles at high speeds.

Isnt this the fox trot azure colour from the Linea??
I am not sure about the other cases but in this particular one IMO the test driver is trying to avoid the camera.

@gsferrari: Thx for the video. Its nice to see the car in action.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:09   #774
Senior - BHPian

Nice video of the Aria there! IMO the designers have gone wrong ahead of the C-pillar. The roof should also be sloping along with the window line. The rear doesn't gel together with the whole car.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:28   #775
Senior - BHPian

Wow, ARIA looks awesome. Look at those wheels. Thanks for sharing the video.
Old 3rd July 2010, 07:41   #776
BHPian

Good one and this is the first video of ARIA. Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nice video of the Aria there! IMO the designers have gone wrong ahead of the C-pillar. The roof should also be sloping along with the window line. The rear doesn't gel together with the whole car.
If they did so, it would look like [close to] CRV ?

Prem.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd July 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Avoid quoting a video when replying to a post
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:07   #777
BHPian

Thanks for the Video. I also used to think that ARIA is "off looking", but after seeing your video, I can see that it moves with more grace than I imagined. From the video, only obvious sore point is that the wheel wells are not better aligned with the wheel. Otherwise it looks good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
If they did so, it would look like [close to] CRV ?
It would look more like the R-class, which IMO ARIA is inspired by.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd July 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Avoid quoting a video when replying to a post
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:14   #778
BHPian

Thanks gsferrari for sharing this video. I think it looks little like manza from front and like Vista from the rear. But overall it looks good. Eagerly waiting for its launch and test drive report.
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:28   #779
Senior - BHPian

Hey gsferrari, that was a nice video, thanks mate. Our first clear look at the Aria.
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:54   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post

The driver of the Aria tried weaving around so after about a minute of video I let him off in case he did something dangerous.

If you've already seen enough of the Aria (quite possible because I am not really clued in on the Indian car scene)...please move on

Enjoy...
Nice caught machi. Good Road presence . I like the front looks .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed