Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:59   #781
Senior - BHPian

Few weeks back when I was in Mahabaleshwar somewhere between 6-11 th of June, I saw around quite a few Aria parked, the cars had a red number plate. When the vehicle is not officially released yet, how come so many are on the road?
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:45   #782
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't look wider than an Innova but it does look slightly longer.

The weaving was to avoid the camera. He later tried to force me to pull over (possibly to get me to delete the video) but I kept going. Even after I stopped filming the driver continued to stay right behind my Gypsy so I sped up and a short while later he pulled over to a complete halt on the expressway.

If they didn't want people to notice the car, why didn't they camouflage it to some extent? Weird.

Looks different...initially I thought "Oh No! They've retained that Tata family look" but it does look handsome after a couple of glances. I think all 6'3" of me could get pretty comfortable inside that vehicle (especially after shoehorning myself out of the Gypsy).

First video of the Aria eh? I hope Tata officials don't come knocking on my door
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:17   #783
Senior - BHPian

Nice clean video ; good job

Aria looks neat and very spacey.
Old 3rd July 2010, 13:33   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
When the vehicle is not officially released yet, how come so many are on the road?
Simple. For testing.
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:41   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Simple. For testing.
3-4 vehicles parked together? Holidaying in Mahabaleshwar?
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:10   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
3-4 vehicles parked together? Holidaying in Mahabaleshwar?
Usually test vehicles travel in a group. Mainly to compare notes as well as to have backup. Mahabaleshwar might be a stop to check how the car does on slight gradients.
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:27   #787
BHPian

Some one in the launch team told me that the launch will happen within a month and the Aria will be priced from 12 lakhs for the base variant to 15 lakhs for the top end one.
Old 3rd July 2010, 23:55   #788
BHPian

Saw the TATA ARIA at Chandigarh Airport on the 2nd of July. The car had red registration plates. There were about two people in the car and they like me were at the airport to pick someone up. Managed to just get one picture from my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-02072010.jpg  

Old 4th July 2010, 00:08   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Saw the TATA ARIA at Chandigarh Airport on the 2nd of July. The car had red registration plates. There were about two people in the car and they like me were at the airport to pick someone up. Managed to just get one picture from my phone.

Thanks for sharing the picture. One of the clearest pictures we've seen on the road. In my opinion, the car looks great.

Did you by any chance hear the engine being fired up?
Old 4th July 2010, 00:18   #790
Team-BHP Support

That's odd! Why have they darkened the part above the rear window? That doesn't quite emphasize the quirk in the kink of the window-line! Does this mean that Tata do not want to experiment with the design as we thought otherwise?! Did they think twice after the design actually materialized?

I think so!
Old 4th July 2010, 01:05   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's odd! Why have they darkened the part above the rear window? That doesn't quite emphasize the quirk in the kink of the window-line! Does this mean that Tata do not want to experiment with the design as we thought otherwise?! Did they think twice after the design actually materialized?

I think so!
It was not darkened, just an optical illusion.
Old 4th July 2010, 11:24   #792
Senior - BHPian

i loved the wheels & the dual exhausts. but dint like the rear hatch design & the tail lamps.

the rear hatch resembles a overgrown indica vista while the tail lamps look too ordinary. is this on purpose so that after a year, they can launch a "all new" aria with clear lens tail lights??!!
Old 4th July 2010, 11:34   #793
BHPian

This is how Indica Vista Marina would have looked if it were developed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Old 4th July 2010, 11:42   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I think so!
IMHO from side it would look like an arch and the designer wanted it to look symmetrical. Me too dont like this idea.

The car is a winner in front looks but rear look is disappointing.

I wonder how it would look with roof rails!
Old 4th July 2010, 12:29   #795
BHPian

Was on my way to Goa on the Pune - Satara highway, on the 24th May and around 5-6 vehicles zoomed past. Thought the vehicle was already launched! Again on my return to Mumbai on the 2nd June had one white coloured right ahd of me on the Pune -bypass It really moves! So was sure it had been launched!

But today while trying to find details re price availability etc. cant find the launch date. Any ideas when that will hapen?
I want to change my Ford Fusion to an SUV any suggestions which I should wait for?

Rgds
Gerard

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 4th July 2010 at 12:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks