Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 18:16   #826
BANNED

Aria caught testing in Rohtang Pass

Hi,
while i was on holidays in manali and went to Rohtang pass i saw TATA ARIA there.

There were two of them driven by 2-3 members in each car on in red-maroon color and other in grey.

It looked well built and had both front and rear disc brakes. I think they were testing its ability at high altitudes and its toughness at bad roads on hilly area.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-dsc05077.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-dsc05078.jpg  

monty9991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2010, 18:31   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
had both front and rear disc brakes
Something that will put Fortuner to shame.

Quote:
they were testing its ability at high altitudes and its toughness at bad roads on hilly area.
Considering the number of times Aria has been spotted, on a variety of terrains, over a long duration of time, indicates that Tata means business with this vehicle.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:32   #828
Senior - BHPian

Some product testing being done by Tata, from Scandanavia to the Rohtang pass, its been nearly three years I think since the first scoops undergoing testing surfaced. Nice to see they are determined to get this right from Day 1.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:59   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
while i was on holidays in manali and went to Rohtang pass i saw TATA ARIA there.

There were two of them driven by 2-3 members in each car on in red-maroon color and other in grey.

It looked well built and had both front and rear disc brakes. I think they were testing its ability at high altitudes and its toughness at bad roads on hilly area.

Here are some pics.
The car defintly looks nice. I guess the top end might be priced close to 15 lakh, with the base version starting above 9 lakhs.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:17   #830
Senior - BHPian

Aria looks nice and packed with features comparing to competition. Still it does not have the muscles which vehicles like Fortuner has lot. How about roof rails and small spoiler? Other than these changes vehicle does not looks mod friendly.

Looks like launch date is very close.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:04   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Here are some pics.
Fantastic pictures, the car looks butch. In fact, the stance of the car is really nice. It is indeed heartening to see that the Aria is being extensively tested before launch. Bodes well for the initial customers and Tata Motors on the whole.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:15   #832
Senior - BHPian

These are very good set of pics. I think this is the first time I am seeing the side profile and stance of the vehicle in real perspective. And I really like what I see.

With all the testing being undertaken for aria, I am tempted to picture a black colored Aria for myself.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:13   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Here are some pics.
WOW! great pictures indeed and it also seems like the drivers of these vehicles were friendly, since they have let a lot of folks click pictures.

You should have pushed your luck and tried to take some interior pictures
Old 6th July 2010, 21:26   #834
Senior - BHPian

This one has the TATA logo on the bootlid, and also the dual exhaust pipes connected with the end pipes on the rear bumper/diffuser. The one i spotted didnt sport the logo, also the end pipes were incomplete.

Good to see TATA extensively testing the Aria. It is spotted testing in almost every city. Alloys and exterior fit and finish seem to be good, from the pics.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 6th July 2010 at 21:28.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:37   #835
Senior - BHPian

I guess most of the people were busy looking at the scenery than the car.Those double exhausts have been neatly integrated and look fantastic.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:56   #836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
This one has the TATA logo on the bootlid, and also the dual exhaust pipes connected with the end pipes on the rear bumper/diffuser. The one i spotted didnt sport the logo, also the end pipes were incomplete.
the exhaust pipe were not connected to the bumper.
the bumper have just the metal chrome rings those were excatly as you saw.
Old 6th July 2010, 23:04   #837
Senior - BHPian

The rear doors are nice and large to give easy access to the third rows. Like mentioned earlier, the exterior fit looks great.
Old 6th July 2010, 23:25   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the exhaust pipe were not connected to the bumper.
the bumper have just the metal chrome rings those were excatly as you saw.
Ah, okay. Wonder when TATA is going to integrate both

Hope they get the interiors (Quality, feel, fit and finish) right this time.
Old 6th July 2010, 23:52   #839
Senior - BHPian

So this wasn't my imagination. I just saw one of these drive past me this past weekend while I was in Pune. I didn't know whether it was launched, or what exactly was happening.
Old 7th July 2010, 07:44   #840
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics, Monty ! The car looks great, especially the stance when viewed from the rear. Will start saving my bucks from today
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks