Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 20:29   #931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
People who have trained on it..
  1. Slated for launch in coming month or 2.
  2. Engine is the very same EuroIV 2.2 dicor.
  3. Revised final drive (Confirmed)
  4. Better clutch as it also has dual mass fly wheel
  5. more sensors (nightmares for TASS)
Thanks for the heads-up. Agreed about the sensors being a nightmare for TASS. On the other hand, if this vehicle is of significantly higher quality, it might not be a huge issue (I am keeping my fingers crossed, I really want this car to change the image of Tata Motors).
Old 19th July 2010, 20:36   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Me too.. for last couple of years Sigh!!!
Btw i have already posted more details in this thread, if i recollect.. not sure which post#..

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 19th July 2010 at 20:38.
Old 19th July 2010, 20:45   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Yep, I remember reading about Jayem Auto putting together Rally spec Indicas together for a single make championship in Inida, which never materialized. Also a hot version of the Indica petrol with a 16 valve head & a 16 bit MProcessor (those days it used a 8 bit one).

That said Lotus has done a lot of work on the Aria's ride and handling, heres a scoop photo taken from their Hethel office
The photo !!! I guess you forgot to attach it.
Old 20th July 2010, 19:35   #934
Senior - BHPian

Launch Date: Week 3, August 2010.

base 4 X 2, high end 4 X 2 and 4 X 4 versions expected.
Old 20th July 2010, 21:18   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Launch Date: Week 3, August 2010.

base 4 X 2, high end 4 X 2 and 4 X 4 versions expected.
Finally a launch date(that is third quarter of the year). Thank you, Sid. Any info about prices.
Old 20th July 2010, 21:40   #936
Senior - BHPian

Ok heres the attachment regarding the spypic from Lotus, the worrying fact is theres a Scorpio parked as well and Im not sure that the legendary name in handling has rubbed off on M&Ms flagship. Hopefully the Aria will fare better.

Now I did a wee bit of research on the Aria's UK reg. 'AU58 EYW', Well the AU58 nomenclature means it had been registered in Norwich sometime in Sept' 08 , Two years in testing in the U.K, hmmm..

Its been registered as a 'Tata Light 4x4 Utility'.
Attached Files
File Type: doc aria.doc (56.0 KB, 663 views)
Old 21st July 2010, 05:50   #937
Senior - BHPian

Tata Aria spotted again in Pune

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-tata-aria-1.jpg

When I first saw this new model from Tata during it's premiere at the Auto Expo 2010, I knew what I saw was big. But, I just did not expect it to be so big until I spotted this cool Tata Aria parked casually on a busy Pune thoroughfare. It was really huge, which is apparently obvious with the Indica (in the shot) as a reference. The front styling makes it look abit awkward but the rear is pleasant and good to look at IMO.

There was an old gentleman sitting in the driver's seat and the windows were kept wide open which allowed me to peep into the interiors. The quality seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of what Tata has produced till now barring the Vista and the Manza. If those two models took Tata build quality to a new high, this is going to take it further up the order. Having seen one on the road now, I am only more curious to see the response of the general public to the costliest Tata yet.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:46   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Ok heres the attachment regarding the spypic from Lotus, the worrying fact is theres a Scorpio parked as well and Im not sure that the legendary name in handling has rubbed off on M&Ms flagship. Hopefully the Aria will fare better.

Its been registered as a 'Tata Light 4x4 Utility'.
Me too hope that the Aria doesn't ride like the Scorp. But then design differences (like wheelbase & length?) and Tata's past success with the Safari and then Vista/Manza indicate that it almost certainly wont.

PS. Looks like the spy-shot Aria has roof rails, not seen on any of the Indian test vehicles.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:36   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Attachment 391060

When I first saw this new model from Tata during it's premiere at the Auto Expo 2010, I knew what I saw was big. But, I just did not expect it to be so big until I spotted this cool Tata Aria parked casually on a busy Pune thoroughfare. It was really huge, which is apparently obvious with the Indica (in the shot) as a reference. The front styling makes it look abit awkward but the rear is pleasant and good to look at IMO.

There was an old gentleman sitting in the driver's seat and the windows were kept wide open which allowed me to peep into the interiors. The quality seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of what Tata has produced till now barring the Vista and the Manza. If those two models took Tata build quality to a new high, this is going to take it further up the order. Having seen one on the road now, I am only more curious to see the response of the general public to the costliest Tata yet.
Is it just me or the 2 parking sensors in the middle seem to have been installed in an improper manner which has given the bumper a kind of swelling(kind of like a pimple). The car has an awesome street presence. Have seen it many a times on NH4.

Last edited by MihirC : 21st July 2010 at 15:37.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:39   #940
BHPian

The front bumper of the Aria (pics on post #906) doesn't sport the wedged recesses(?) and creases, which the ones in opening pics (post #1) have. The latter give a nice touch to the overall design. Just my thought.

Also, sorry if i missed reading this info. about the engine placement, but again, looking at Post #1, and on the image projected on the screen, it seems to be a transverse in-line configuration, unlike the longitudinal setup on the Safari. Anyone with the info., please clarify.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:49   #941
Senior - BHPian

It misses footsteps!. Even in the top variant? or I hope it will come as an additional and accessory,
Old 21st July 2010, 16:38   #942
Senior - BHPian

^^
Why you need a footstep?
Old 21st July 2010, 21:13   #943
Senior - BHPian

@ Mihirc - You just took it out of my mind now. I was pondering over those two spots for so long and finally thought they were just pre-production glitches which would be eventually sorted out before launch.

And as you say, the car really commands an imposing street presence with it's sheer size. But the styling is very conservative and it hardly turns heads. With all the features that the Aria is expected to come out with and it's huge interior space, the Aria is surely going to script a success story in my opinion. But, it's also to be seen whether Indian public are ready to pay this kind of money for a Tata vehicle.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:54   #944
BHPian

You should not be looking for color matching, smooth finish and accessories (like sidesteps) on a preproduction car.
Old 22nd July 2010, 02:38   #945
BHPian

look here "TATA" embosed in cromium
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-123.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed