Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 20:34   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi Ajay, welcome ! Your debut post is on one of the most interesting TBhp threads
Thanks friend, Actually I am waiting for Tata Venture to launch (expected next month). Although ideally I would have loved to buy Maruti RIII but little information is available on its launch, if at all. Mini Xylo launch is also uncertain. I want either a vehicle with good ground clearance or with more seats per lakh with a budget of 6 lakhs
Old 24th July 2010, 21:17   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Interesting! if TATA were to export ARIA say to USA through FIAT/Chrysler, then there are a few competing products from the family stable like Grand Caravan, Journey & Town and Country. Of these Journey is the cheapest, starting at around $21k. Roughly around Rs. 9 Lakhs OTR. And other usual suspects like Siena, Odyssey, etc. start in the mid $20k to almost $40k.

IMO if ARIA is priced higher, it could be that much difficult for them to export because of good/better alternatives in the comparable price range. The only differentiator for TATA would be the diesel engine and because of that may be better mileage, but ARIA at the expected variants might loose out on the Engine/power/performance front. Even if I were to assume that ARIA would be a well sorted out vehicle the export prospects seem to be more challenging.

Could other members also make a comparo of ARIA with local competition? May be this will help identify a better market for ARIA exports.

It is beyond doubt that Tata is gunning for mainstream overseas markets. The question is when would they feel the time is ripe. With a diesel Aria, Tata will have extremely difficulty in getting a foothold in the US market, which is notorious for its aversion to the heavier fuel.

Then again, as you pointed out, if Tata plans on exporting the car, it would be so at the expense of their only usp.

An electric Tata might find some immediate takers there, I feel.

Last edited by VINUMON : 24th July 2010 at 21:25.
Old 25th July 2010, 18:15   #963
BHPian

Aria is going to be just superb!!! Going by the effort tata has taken in developing this vehicle and the time they are taking after showcasing it at auto expo, I am pretty sure this would be best tata of all times. I have been following this thread for a while now, and i can't control my excitement.

But as some members have hinted that it is going to be priced around 15 lacs, how well will it sale? The well established fully loaded competition come at much cheaper rate and I believe tata doesn't have much credit (snob value) in 15 lacs segment. This price is not at all justified, as the vehicle doesn't have any out of the world feature, which competition doesn't have.

Personally i wish tata works some wonder and price aria much lower then the hinted price, like they did in manza.

Last edited by indianvirus : 25th July 2010 at 18:17.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:19   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Aria is going to be just superb!!! Going by the effort tata has taken in developing this vehicle and the time they are taking after showcasing it at auto expo, I am pretty sure this would be best tata of all times. I have been following this thread for a while now, and i can't control my excitement.

But as some members have hinted that it is going to be priced around 15 lacs, how well will it sale? The well established fully loaded competition come at much cheaper rate and I believe tata doesn't have much credit (snob value) in 15 lacs segment. This price is not at all justified, as the vehicle doesn't have any out of the world feature, which competition doesn't have.

Personally i wish tata works some wonder and price aria much lower then the hinted price, like they did in manza.
I believe the Aria does have features beyond those available in the segment. This includes the Innova since Aria is more of a people mover.

Quote:
Here are some of the important features:
140 BHP diesel engine
All Wheel Drive
ABS
6 Airbags
Traction Control
Both the second and third row seats fold fully flat
Aircon for all three rows including the C pillar
And

Quote:
Some more salient features
1. Sat nav based on mapmyindia
2. Rear seats(all of them) fold flat, so you actually have a full size bed at the rear
I wish she were priced well below the prices hinted at too, but it is very unlikely. Even if it were true, it would be a stripped down base version. Lets see.
Old 28th July 2010, 22:44   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I believe the Aria does have features beyond those available in the segment. This includes the Innova since Aria is more of a people mover.

And

I wish she were priced well below the prices hinted at too, but it is very unlikely. Even if it were true, it would be a stripped down base version. Lets see.
Regarding ARIA's pricing, TML would do well to create a decent separation with the Safari V2, which would be the next major launch. Otherwise both these vehicles would end up offering similar features and looking different.
Old 29th July 2010, 00:03   #966
Senior - BHPian

True, regarding the Safari and the Aria most probably being closely priced, but the Arias USP (other than being a car a few generations ahead) is that it can seat 7-8, the Safari being just a 5 seater, please dont call those stools in the boot a car seat.

Then there are plenty who would still prefer the traditional SUV profile.
Old 29th July 2010, 00:06   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Regarding ARIA's pricing, TML would do well to create a decent separation with the Safari V2, which would be the next major launch. Otherwise both these vehicles would end up offering similar features and looking different.
The differentiation may not be the price. Differentiation can also be product based. One can be targeted at fun loving, outgoing adventurous folks, whilst the other will cater to the office suits wishing to travel with their entire family in comfort.
Old 29th July 2010, 00:56   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
The differentiation may not be the price. Differentiation can also be product based. One can be targeted at fun loving, outgoing adventurous folks, whilst the other will cater to the office suits wishing to travel with their entire family in comfort.
IMO india has only one segment that really counts - "Family Car segment".

Majority of most other segments are formed due to additional cars after taking care of the family . I think that is just the reality.

If TATA were to target any other segment for their one of the most expensive cars, then I wonder what are their internal targets.

On the contrary, both these cars (ARIA and Safari V2) also have good potential to do better in overseas markets. And that is why they need all the goodies they can get.

@Shortbread
Well, I said what is said assuming that Safari V2 will be a real 6 or 7 or 8 seater. If it turns out to be another 5 seater, then I take back my words

Last edited by gshanky : 29th July 2010 at 00:58.
Old 29th July 2010, 09:13   #969
BHPian

I had a service appointment yesterday for my Indigo. The service advisor - while discussing about future launches- mentioned that Aria is still undergoing testing. He mentioned that it will cost in the region of what Toyota Fortuner costs. Hence, 15 -17 L 'guesstimate' appears quite possible.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:56   #970
ak_12001

To be specific............ Aria launch will be announced near Diwali(month of Nov.) But will be availabale on road from Jan 2011(may be december)

But who will buy Aria in the month of Nov end or Dec. Because waiting for 60 odd days they will get 2011 model on records.

So tata is going to launch in dec 2011( announced in Nov)

source: person working in Tata motors at high post.

Price: 9L to 12L

Old 30th July 2010, 08:26   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_12001 View Post
To be specific............ Aria launch will be announced near Diwali(month of Nov.) But will be availabale on road from Jan 2011(may be december)

But who will buy Aria in the month of Nov end or Dec. Because waiting for 60 odd days they will get 2011 model on records.

source: person working in Tata motors at high post.

Dear ak_12001, Can you give us an idea about launch date of Tata Venture? Sorry to ask here in Area thread but I have no other option
Old 30th July 2010, 11:45   #972
BHPian

Quote:

Are you sure that its gonna be launched in dec 2011, I guess its a typo error and you actually mean Jan 2011.

Last edited by MihirC : 30th July 2010 at 11:46.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:18   #973
BHPian

Quote:
12 lacs for the top end variant with AWD, climate control and 6 airbags? Or is it that Tata is not launching the Top end Aria variant in India at all.
Old 30th July 2010, 13:26   #974
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Too many speculations, the is one that mentions that the top variant in India would have only 2 Airbags and not 6 which would be kept reserved for the international version. Yet 12L for the top variant with all the other bells etc, should be good.

Every page we see a date speculation that varies from next month right upto the end of year. Callender year Q2 became Financial year Q2 to later be know as Q3 (calender year) and now is being refered to as Q3 (financial year) (Q4 calender year) only for the announcement with actual sales and shippments in Q4 (financial year)

To manys Q's about the dates and no really reliable A's
Old 30th July 2010, 13:59   #975
Senior - BHPian

We need our scoop master's help here. Sid where are you?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks