Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Why is it that everything that comes from Tata has to look like a Indica? The front resembles Vista bit too much like. A safari like nose job would have been far better. May be this MPV looks better in flesh than in pictures.

The second and third row seem to have really tight legroom. Is there any picture with complete side profile? And yes, the dashboard looks cheap in picture.

Last edited by RX135 : 5th January 2010 at 16:22.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Dash and the steering looks very similar from its sister company - Land Rovers - for which they have all the right in the world to use.

oops - just noticed observed and mentioned by others above already
Ah, that was it. Was wondering where the idea came from.

Its sure looks big and with those 17inchers. The third row looks comfy too, the ac went on the C pillar is new. Liked the black one.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:24   #48
BHPian

nice pics Dippy!

Now to see what they price this at. Surely it's got the Innova and Xylo in its sights.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Dippy.

And the Japanese are looking glum !
(post 1, pics 7 & 8 + post 2 - pic 4)

+1 to that.

The car appears huge in front view and side view.
Keeping the power plant same as safari indicates TATA is showing confidence in the 2.2 VTT engine. AWD is the first for TATA. Definitely TML is taking advantage of Land Rovers knowhow.

Third row seating appears cramped but lets wait for more info.
They surely have taken care of indian public's love for chrome though.

Overall it appears to be a nicely put together car. Thanks for pics.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:28   #50
BHPian

Dippy thanks for sharing these photos.
Contrary to many I did not like this ARIA that much. As a first impression this is big but looks could have been better. Just 2 images I am posting again from Dippys message. Look at the umnnn how can I say, above front wheels, it looks that shape is not proper over there, something (metal) is not in line with the body it has just come out somehow.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_2268-aria.jpg  

Last edited by enthu : 5th January 2010 at 16:29.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:29   #51
BHPian

Now the real game will start..INNOVA,XYLO both will now feel the heat.Mainly i think INNOVA.
Now TOYOTA will must down the price of its MUV or it will offer more feature with same price tag.
i think TATA will keep the price range in INNOVA region.

The above are strictly my thought.

@ DIPPY :- Is the twin exhust is still there or missing(As projector headlamp)? i can not see in the pics.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Why is it that everything that comes from Tata has to look like a Indica? The front resembles Vista bit too much like. A safari like nose job would have been far better. May be this MPV looks better in flesh than in pictures.
same goes for bmw and merc, and volvo,
Old 5th January 2010, 16:31   #53
BHPian

Particularly liked the following. (Listing things which are not mentioned till now)

1. elaborate over head storage. Finally some serious effort to utilise space all around.

2. the front over lamps. Liked the spot lamp tilted to the lap of the driver. How thoughtful.

3. Neat tweeters on the A-pillar. Its cute and neat. Hope its sounds good!

4. Unfussy styling. No unnecessary strips/bands/colours. Thank God.

5. The external rear view mirrors. They look chiseled from the driver's seat inline with the interiors design theme. That is detailing.

6. The name. Yes. This IndiCruz was stretching the Indi wagon a bit.

7. The rear fenders (equivalent in an MPV). Did you guys notice how it comes as a solid piece before dropping and integrating with the rear tail lamps.

8. Projector headlamps.

Now, if only Dippy posts what he felt about the car?
Old 5th January 2010, 16:33   #54
BHPian

Seems well packaged - expect the pricing to start at around 11L for the base version.
Michelin tyres on cars rolling out of the factory - Tata is serious about delivering comfort.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
17 Inch wheels , So now people who were complaining about big wheel archs seeing the spy shot should be happy.

2.2 VTT at 140 bhp looks like they have not pushed the engine beyond what it does in Safari.

6 Airbags , Traction Control and AWD ? Fortuner seems to be the target and not Innova I think. A more aggressive or SUV like face could have helped.
Agreed, The launch and details provided has changed the Dynamics, I always had a hunch based on the spy pics and insiders that it will not be a MUV but an SUV and it has come true.

Its moved to the next level of SUV for the competition. Awaiting the pricing.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:37   #56
BHPian

TATA is the way to go

This is awesomeeeee. Front is like outander in a good way.Much better looking in real than the mules. Much more macho/butch than the innova/Xylo. Butt kicking stance . All you japs and koreans watch out. TATA is gonna wipe you guys out for sure.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Good big car. Can notice a few not so flush fitting parts already! (I always try to do that for TATA)
Old 5th January 2010, 16:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Aria, sure will have good road presence. I like the styling progress made by TATA. Three cheers for that.Having gotten right on what is outside the hood, I only hope TATA has the right metal under the hood too ..coupled with some serious & sincere "Customer Service" as its tag line.Good Job Done TATA, M&M poach the TATA designers, you will do well!
Old 5th January 2010, 16:40   #59
BHPian

seems to be the best thing ever happend to TATA. interiors proves what TATA liveraged from JLR. Now only thing stops anyone drooling is waht lies under the hood. specifically relibility of Delphi derived CRDI system and old gear box.

as some one pointed out, look at the fases of japanies deligates.

Proud to be an Indian !!!!

Last edited by toms_2191 : 5th January 2010 at 16:41.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:40   #60
BHPian

tray on the back side of front seats-Copy of xylo?
BTW any news on price and launch date?

Last edited by enthu : 5th January 2010 at 16:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks