Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 17:07   #76
BHPian

My 2 cents..

1. Looks huge, but might be actually narrower than the Innova inside. Large size, less space??

2. The flared fenders look good, infact quite menacing from the front but TATA may have taken it a bit too far.

3. Nice colour combo for the interiors, steering looks solid. Hope the quality doesnt spoil the 1st impressions.

4. Definitely work needs to be done on the grill and also the bumper. BAD grill and puny fogs. Its crying for larger fogs..

5. A lot of wheel can be seen from the front. Wide track narrow body??.

6. Rotary knob for lights?? Ala LR??

TATA does rock. And benefits from LR starting to become apparent, atleast in dash design. Hope it permeates on to the driving experience as well.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm an interesting offer by Tatas for sure, but I guess the only people they had in mind are those premius based cabbies who are currently running on Innova.

Dont think it was done with a family car in mind. Given the fact that the Xylo did not make that big a dent trying to target family transporation share. It would be interesting to see how Tatas are planning to position this vehicle as..
Old 5th January 2010, 17:12   #78
BHPian

Kudos TATA .. A very BIG improvement on the interiors. (What if we get those interiors in SAFARI.) But still the exterior have to improve. Yes as some said the third row is a tight fit. Personally speaking the back resembles to FORD Fusion. The front part should have been changed to something more SUV type.

Now the quality is what matters. Dippy How do you feel about quality of plastics used in interior? Does it also have those unclean cut edges (Have seen those in safaris too)

I think TATA is focusing Aria on Innova. Should be priced almost the same as the innova.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

No armrests for the driver and front passender? hmmm....thats a surprise considering that this vehicle is designed for long distance mile munching.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I'm just providing live updates of the launches and other happenings. Its GTO and Rehaan who are at the Expo getting us exclusive coverage and I'm bringing it to you. They should answer all your questions soon

Meanwhile let the comments keep flowing in.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th January 2010 at 17:28.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:26   #81
BHPian

Thanks for the shots Dippy,GTO and Rehaan. You guys are doing a great job.

Aria does look huge and its got great interiors, but the gear lever knob design is too staid to go with the rest of the dashboard. I guess the pricing of the Aria will be in a similar range to that of the Safari.

Last edited by harishnair : 5th January 2010 at 17:28.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:29   #82
BHPian

Frankly speaking this looks like a bulged Indica or Vista . ( Observe the front and back)

With the same dicor engine , they are now to do what Maruthi is doing for small cars , same engine - multiple cars ...
Old 5th January 2010, 17:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
I wish they have a 2WD base variant with ABS priced at Innova G level. Then its game on.
Also a question regarding the 6 airbags. Are these for rear passengers on all rows? Or are they side(curtain) airbags for only the front seat occupants. Considering some of these might be chauffeur driven, I am not sure if people will plonk in money for the chauffeur's safety alone.
^ah! thats the guy(s) who is at high risk and yes, he is going to be a human being for sure!!

Now what about "New Safari"? Is it going to get any upgrades? If not, with this launch, do you guys expect any price reduction in current Safari range?

Last edited by Ketan : 5th January 2010 at 17:39.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:32   #84
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Now the real game will start..INNOVA,XYLO both will now feel the heat.Mainly i think INNOVA.
Now TOYOTA will must down the price of its MUV or it will offer more feature with same price tag.
i think TATA will keep the price range in INNOVA region.

The above are strictly my thought.

@ DIPPY :- Is the twin exhust is still there or missing(As projector headlamp)? i can not see in the pics.
Think it will be mainly Xylo which will feel the heat. Innova is certainly in a different league altogether, and i doubt if Aria can match it.

We will have to wait for a TD of Aria to see where is fits in between the Xylo <----> Innova spectrum.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:41   #85
BHPian

The Tata Motors website has been updated:
The Tata Aria, to be launched in the second quarter of 2010, blends the functionality and comfort of a mid-range MPV with the all terrain assurance and premiumness of an SUV. Its unique design and construction makes it robust, elegant and comfortable. The interiors, with three rows of theatre style seating, present a luxurious world of premium features comprising 3D surround sound, dimming roof lamps, in-dash built in GPS, a state-of-the-art infotainment system, multifunctional steering wheel, dual air conditioning with automatic climate control and cruise control. Top-of-the-line safety features include 6 airbags and ESP, offered by an Indian OEM for the first time. Besides, the chassis frame comprising advanced hydro formed members, a stiffened body cage, and dual zone collapsible steering make the Aria one of the safest vehicles

A ton of equipment as expected! In dash GPS, cruise control! Bring it on!
Old 5th January 2010, 17:43   #86
Team-BHP Support

wow looks brilliant. i hope they price it well so it can take a chunk of the innovas market.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:44   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Dadu,

Maybe I'm biased by the current crop of SUVs in the market, but the Aria looks more like a MUV than a SUV for the following reasons:

- Hood is not as flat as is should be in a SUV
- Ground Clearance is not sufficient. 190 to 200mm GC is like de-riguer.
- Approach / Departure angle is definitely not sufficient to go off the shoulder, let alone off-road.

A superb design, though, from Tata!
Its totally my opinion, but they have tried to get along with the times wherein

- Most off-roaders run on the road and not off-road, across the globe.
- Need to gel well with the current market dynamics(non-SUV'ish softroader looks ), to sell well.
- Provide creature comforts inside.
- Give a pride of driving a SUV (AWD here), higher GC than regular MPV's.

Any vehicle no matter what body you put on top with a decent GC and 4WD/ AWD option would be grouped more under SUV. (atleast thats what would differentiate, primarily)

They said it better in their official statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
, blends the functionality and comfort of a mid-range MPV with the all terrain assurance and premiumness of an SUV. Its unique design and construction makes it robust, elegant and comfortable.

Last edited by dadu : 5th January 2010 at 17:52.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Guys,

I'm just providing live updates of the launches and other happenings. Its GTO and Rehaan who are at the Expo getting us exclusive coverage and I'm bringing it to you. They should answer all your questions soon

Meanwhile let the comments keep flowing in.

even i was thinking same, where GTO gone missing from morning? mostly at expo!

Thanks guys. You guys rock
Old 5th January 2010, 17:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

Is this the replacement for the Safari?

Looks pretty huge....
Old 5th January 2010, 17:48   #90
BHPian

Hey... Where are the pictures of 2010 Safari? It seems like a revised Safari was revealed!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks