Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 16:39   #211
BHPian

Just read this on motoroids.

Powered by a 2.2 –litre DICOR engine, the Aria will boast 140 horses and 320Nm of twist. Transmission duties will be done by a newly developed 5-speed system which also features a ‘torque on demand’ 4x4. The interior design looks nice – much better than the Tata machines available on the market today. Go a little closer though, and you realize that the turnout isn’t all that great.The quality and finish of plastics leaves quite a bit to be desired. However, the Aria is big on space, and if priced right will create ripples in the MUV vehicles market.

seems like Aria, is not quite the holy grail.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 6th January 2010 at 16:40.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:02   #212
Senior - BHPian

Awesome work by Tata! It is quite a good looking car. The feature-list is also very impressive. If they have a killer pricing up their sleeve, it is going to give nightmares to a lot of other established cars.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:05   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
Go a little closer though, and you realize that the turnout isn’t all that great.The quality and finish of plastics leaves quite a bit to be desired.
Don,t know why, but TATA`s never take care of their Plastics deptt and fit and finish, thus giving the tata bashers a Hey day. Ditto for Fiat.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:40   #214
Senior - BHPian

from what i see in the pics, interior space is not all that great. it seems that innova & xylo offers more space in the 2nd & 3rd rows. but then i will wait for the final product to be launched. or atleast better & proper pics!
Old 6th January 2010, 17:46   #215
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

I'd agree. The leg space in 2nd row is more in Xylo. So I felt. But YMMV. I'd wait for the specs to be released. But its still decent overall.

The 3rd row is quite cramped for the huge size of the vehicle.

@Amitk26: Lovely standard bait. By that logic, Xylo should've pulled the rug out from under the Innova's feet. Sorry but there is NO excuse for shoddy plastics. FWIW, I respect Hyundai for making cars with world class interiors here in India.
Maruti = Rattle.
Tata = Lesser said
Fiat = Going the tata way
Mahindra = Okay
Hyundai = Awesome. Whatay interiors in i10 and i20.
Chevy = decent.
Honda/Toyota In my knowledge they import from Thailand - so the comparison doesn't really hold.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:46   #216
Senior - BHPian

The Aria/Indicruz looks very promising. Is the cars displayed prototypes or final product?
Old 6th January 2010, 18:04   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

@Amitk26: Lovely standard bait. By that logic, Xylo should've pulled the rug out from under the Innova's feet. Sorry but there is NO excuse for shoddy plastics. FWIW, I respect Hyundai for making cars with world class interiors here in India.
And who exactly says Xylo has pulled rug or anything under the Innova's feet care to check the sales figure of Innova last year this year and monthly since launch of Xylo and Xylo sales figure ( first 3 months of initial Euphoria apart).

Well to me the pictures do not look shoddy and if plastics are if Vista level they are absolutely fine and better then what Hyundai offers at that price point ( I20 is different price point)
Old 6th January 2010, 18:04   #218
BHPian

Fun trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Don,t know why, but TATA`s never take care of their Plastics deptt and fit and finish, thus giving the tata bashers a Hey day. Ditto for Fiat.
Well I came across this article in one of the car mags, a review of the new E-350. A car that costs 50L+, the negative point of the car which wa s mentioned was plastics are not of a good quality. Its all relative mate , there has to be something to crib about any car..... always. As far as I am concerned its a great product. The japs and koreans are crapping bricks for sure, but shhhhhh thats a secret
Old 6th January 2010, 18:06   #219
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows when ARIA ,will be available for sale.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:07   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Raj,

I'd agree. The leg space in 2nd row is more in Xylo. So I felt. But YMMV. I'd wait for the specs to be released. But its still decent overall.

The 3rd row is quite cramped for the huge size of the vehicle.
i am just judging by these two pics-

if you notice this pic, its clear that the middle row is on rails, the difference in the position of both halves of the seats suggest that. still there seems to be not much space.

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-006.jpg

and in this pic of the third row, i feel its good only for really small kids. i assume this is the same car & the middle row seats are in the same position as above. so there is not much space in the middle row & third row as well.

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_2257.jpg

if this is the final seating configuration, then no point in offering such a good looking car with great features because ultimately what customers look in a MUV is space & lots of it.

on the other hand, all tata cars are known to be very spacious, right from the indica to the safari to the manza, so i expect the much larger aria to be spacious as well, unlike what the pics reveal.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th January 2010 at 18:10.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:17   #221
Senior - BHPian

Hey last row has the least leg room. - Too bad.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:20   #222
BHPian

@@Raj
Understand your point. I think its too difficult to judge from pictures. One more assumption made in the comparo is that the angle taken is same. If angles change perceived distance changes drastically. (Sounds like a physics forum)

@@phamilyman
Even plastics. Production models invariably differ in quality from pre-production models. Often they turn out better simply because of being assembled on higher-precision assembly lines than by hand (often the case with pre-production vehicles). Just to remind you, if you remember the Vista, it had good differences in quality. Thats why some European mags refuse to test initial units and limit themselves to a first impression/drive etc.

Last edited by Trapezio : 6th January 2010 at 18:21.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:21   #223
BHPian

These pictures have put me off. Why buy an MUV if you are going to be cramped up
Old 6th January 2010, 18:25   #224
BHPian

I don't think we can conclude the leg room just by watching 2 pics, you need to realise that the seating position is high,
Can you any one who saw the car in flesh comment on the leg room
or else we have to wait for GTO's review
Old 6th January 2010, 18:29   #225
VbA

Over all.. a good machine to be in garage...

It's giant leap by Tata.. love at first site (from exterior), however I feel that 140 Bhp is not enough to move this monster, especially when Indians would like to carry whole family in it... So if the engine could be jazzed up a bit and also some one mentioned to replace Bosch to Delphi for CRDi... I am with you dude...
Nevertheless, Chheers to Tata...

P.S. - I read in 'Autocar' that it will be priced in 11-12 Lakhs category ... which is not acceptable for a Tata product and especially when people are alrady suggesting a few improvements ...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks