Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 18:31   #226
BHPian

Thanks for the great pics! As everyone here has mentioned, the plastics and the ex-showroom price will make or break this vehicles popularity. Hope the reviewers are kind to this seemingly nicely designed vehicle.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:43   #227
BHPian

It really does look like a great car and could prove to be a tough competition for Innova. Any idea when they will announce the price details or have they already done it?
Old 6th January 2010, 18:58   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i am just judging by these two pics-

if you notice this pic, its clear that the middle row is on rails, the difference in the position of both halves of the seats suggest that. still there seems to be not much space.

Attachment 258262

and in this pic of the third row, i feel its good only for really small kids. i assume this is the same car & the middle row seats are in the same position as above. so there is not much space in the middle row & third row as well.

Attachment 258263

if this is the final seating configuration, then no point in offering such a good looking car with great features because ultimately what customers look in a MUV is space & lots of it.

on the other hand, all tata cars are known to be very spacious, right from the indica to the safari to the manza, so i expect the much larger aria to be spacious as well, unlike what the pics reveal.
IMHO leg room in the 3rd row is as good (or as bad) as Innova, and seems people don't mind.
Old 6th January 2010, 19:51   #229
Senior - BHPian

IMO Tata is confused with its product line when it comes to people mover.

Sume Grande
= Looks like premium vehicle but then does not have things like ABS, Airbags or interior fit and finish neither it has space and simplicity of its competitors. Its competing with likes of Tavera and Xylo which meet the basic requirements of a people mover and hence accepted very well by transport people.
Aria = Could have very well competed with Innova, Tavera and Xylo, not as an personal vehicle but for transport business. But then Tata wants to place it as an premium vehicle!!
Old 6th January 2010, 20:04   #230
Team-BHP Support

A few more pics of the Aria :

Dash
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-p1030504.jpg

Middle bench
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-p1030506.jpg

The seemingly high seating position i had mentioned earlier.
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-p1030501.jpg

cya
R
Old 6th January 2010, 20:06   #231
BHPian

Nice pictures.. Good Job by TBHPians! I searched the entire net and found the detailed pictures only here. No wonder this thread is growing second by second.

A big Kudos to TATA Motors for such a wonderful MUV. RT and his management team is doing a great job of acquiring/collaborating with multinationals and bringing quality features to the Indian communitty at affordable prices. They did it up to some level in Manza with the help of Fiat. It looks like the same goes with Aria, but with JLR this time.

Great going TATA's.. Keep going.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:12   #232
BHPian

@ Rehaan thanks for sharing the snaps.

Can you comment on the leg space of the 2nd and 3rd row sears of ARIA?
Old 6th January 2010, 20:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post

Sume Grande
= Looks like premium vehicle but then does not have things like ABS, Airbags or interior fit and finish neither it has space and simplicity of its competitors. Its competing with likes of Tavera and Xylo which meet the basic requirements of a people mover and hence accepted very well by transport people.
Aria = Could have very well competed with Innova, Tavera and Xylo, not as an personal vehicle but for transport business. But then Tata wants to place it as an premium vehicle!!
come on yaar, lets check the positive side of the coin. TATA- Indian automobile company has showed its capability of a premium MUV. they have showed the world that they can make the cheapest as well as the most premium cars in INDIA. As it is Safari, XENON, Grande are doing very well overseas. this will surely rock.
also the lower end versions with 4X2 and minimal trims will be priced lower. that can directly take over innova.
sorry i wont dare to compare this with crappy XYLO.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:34   #234
Senior - BHPian

Plastics in the pictures posted above looks like of superior quality. Means base variant can compete with Innova, Xylo and top end can take on Fortuner, Captiva etc!!!
Old 6th January 2010, 20:48   #235
BHPian

I feel that the leg room for the 3rd row is not for kids even an adult can sit(not a tall guy say 6 feet but a 5.7 feet person can sit) and i would like to say that this the space you get in small cars like santro and spark .

2nd row leg room is more than enough for tall person to sit.I feel it's similar to Tavera 2nd row space.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 6th January 2010 at 20:51.
Old 6th January 2010, 21:12   #236
BHPian

Features wise , this is a great package and will be good for family , if priced correctly. However, I dont like the straight line styling of interiors , instead of stylish curves and some how that faux wood appears to be like ancient mica laminates :-)
Old 6th January 2010, 21:26   #237
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Well I came across this article in one of the car mags, a review of the new E-350. A car that costs 50L+, the negative point of the car which wa s mentioned was plastics are not of a good quality. Its all relative mate , there has to be something to crib about any car..... always. As far as I am concerned its a great product. The japs and koreans are crapping bricks for sure, but shhhhhh thats a secret
Ok. Possibly the funniest thing i heard today. Mihir, E350 boasts of one of the best interiors. The interiors are well comparable to an upper segment S class. The E350 has much better interior quality than the outgoing E280.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:29   #238
BHPian

Thanks dippy and rehan for the photos, great pics man, Aria is one lovely product by Tata, and i like the whole package thou price is what I'm waiting to know, and kudos to Tbhp for covering auto show in such detail. thanks again guys.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:30   #239
BHPian

Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post

Sume Grande
Am I not getting the point here or a people mover/personal vehicle cannot be a premium vehicle??? Secondly please clarify if you can what exactly would be the "basic requirements" for a people mover. None of the taveras or innovas which I have seen which are used as a transport vehicle had ABS or Airbags , unless they are hired by big hotels or companies.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:31   #240
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, i am not trying to point out any negatives of the Aria, but on first look from the pics, the innova & xylo does look more spacious than the aria.

however i do agree that pics do not reveal everything.

so even i am eagerly waiting for reviews from someone who have actually sat in the Aria.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-comp1.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed