Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 11:17   #256
BHPian

Stupendous !

Tata Motors has done it again . Stolen the lime light this time around with the stunning ARIA . Its been a long time coming, the ARIA, and if reports are to be believed about Tata "debugging" it completely before launch, Mahindra & Toyota had better watch out .
Tata knows a thing or two about pricing its products CORRECTLY for the local folks . Remember the Nano at the last Expo ?
Honestly, I want to see it blow the pants off the competition...
Go for it Tata, One Billion of us are behind you
Old 7th January 2010, 11:18   #257
BHPian

Dead Pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
The seats seem to require more cushioning -

Sadly - no dead pedal.
Thats exactly what I was observing. Theres no dead pedal. I cant see any more drawbacks in th images except this. Come on TATA dont give your critics a chance due to such silly miss outs which dont even cost much.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:12   #258
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who feel it needs to be price close to the Xylo - pls do go and relook at the spec and the quality of the materials as well as the vehicle.

This beats most vehicles priced below Rs. 25L in India on spec alone. Yep the Brand name is not there, but just like a honda accord though larger in size than the e class merc would be priced much lower yet not the same as a maruti SX4 similary though this can be expected to be priced closer to the innova though it exceeds it in class and spec by a long while. It beats even the fortuner and the captiva by a a fair margin on spec alone. (Except for the 140 bhp engine which is about 10-15% lower on power)
Old 7th January 2010, 12:13   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbA View Post
Nevertheless, Chheers to Tata...

P.S. - I read in 'Autocar' that it will be priced in 11-12 Lakhs category ... which is not acceptable for a Tata product and especially when people are alrady suggesting a few improvements ...
Why should Tata not sell any product in this category ? Have you looked at the features on offer ? A Fortuner sells for 20L+ OTR with not all these features. AFAIK there are enough Tata-baiters on team-bhp who have no other work than to disparage whatever they bring out.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:18   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
Go a little closer though, and you realize that the turnout isn’t all that great.The quality and finish of plastics leaves quite a bit to be desired.
seems like Aria, is not quite the holy grail.
Yep , at this rate Tata will have to buy Toyota to get the best interiors.
After that, someone will say All toyotas are now tatas and so there will be
quality problems. Can't quite understand why people do not want Tata to succeed. Motoroids is a new site full of amateurish reviewers out to grab some
moolah from online advertising.No professionalism or credibility whatsoever.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:19   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
there are enough Tata-baiters on team-bhp who have no other work than to disparage whatever they bring out.
They could be the initial Indica owners.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:24   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Sadly - no dead pedal.
seating is quite high and upright like Safari , keeping left foot on floorboard is more comfortable in Safari then hanging on 6 inch high pedal for me so don't feel a need of dead pedal same may apply here.

IMHO dead pedal is required in low slung cars where keeping foot away from clutch on floorboard may give pain.

EDIT : I am drooling on those flat folding 3ed row seats a huge advantage on current SUV/MUV crop which have either side folding or front folding.

Last edited by amitk26 : 7th January 2010 at 12:27.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:25   #263
Senior - BHPian

With the kind of kit, look, and safety features I think once again this is a value for money and will improve Tata's porspects/volumes/image/brand etc. Now if we only get a TD report we will know how she drives/rides. Its shameful that no international manufacturer worth their salt provide 6 airbags/traction/ESP etc in this category lets face it India at large is made of people who buy 12 lac and lower category and not Fortuners/laura's/jetta's etc so my guess is this one will do well no matter what as they are busting option standards and providing stuff that international cheat customer out of because they are a "BRAND"

Last edited by canonball : 7th January 2010 at 12:27.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:26   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
For reference the guy in picture is 6ft 1inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
Tata have displayed 3 interiors in the stall on ARIA

one is black & beige
other is Beige & Dark Beige - the wood on this is really good looking
the the top notch is Black & Plumb

attached Images

The features displayed on specs stand are as below
  • 6 airbags, 2 in the front + 2 side+ 2 curtain
  • GPS in the centre screen
  • Cruise Control
  • 4x4 All wheel drive + Torque on demand
  • 2.2 L Direct Injection Common Rail Turbocharged Intercooler Diesel Engine,
  • BS IV compliant, with twin exhaust outlets
  • Double Mass flywheel
  • Electronic Stability Program
  • Traction Control System
  • Dual zone collapse steering column
  • Steering wheel with audio, phone and Cruise control Switches
  • Rain sensing Auto Wipe & Auto light functions
  • Butterfly wipers
  • PES Head Lamps with “follow me” feature
  • Engine Immobilizer with Perimetric alarm system , Remote Key less entry
  • Intelligent climate control with Economy AC mode & Dash, floor Console and Pillar mounted air vents for all occupants.
  • Glove box cooling
  • Sun-visors with extenders and vanity lamp for co-driver mirror
  • Infotainment system; 2 Din Integrated music system with aux-in, with Tata Blue Connect and USB, Voice dialing, Reverse park assist sensors / camera, Speed sensing volume control, Navigation system capable
  • Multi Information Display with instant fuel consumption, distance to go, trip info, temperature
  • Instrument cluster with Day Night Invertible dials
  • Film type radio and GPS antenna on the Rear Quarter glass
  • Electrical fold Outer mirrors with electrical adjustment control
  • Express down Power driver window and power windows on all doors
  • Electrically operated Fuel filler lid opening
  • Dual tone Interiors, Leather upholstery
  • Height adjustable drivers seat with Arm rests
  • Height adjustable seat belts with RPLL and pre-tensioners
  • 2nd row seats with slide and recline
  • Flat floor seats folding
  • Snack tray for 2nd rows and multiple Cup and Bottle holder provisions
  • Roof console with Multiple Overhead bins and Goggle cases

Guys, great job. A picture is worth a thousand words
Could you also comment of the built quality?
Old 7th January 2010, 12:27   #265
BHPian

Kudos to Team-BHP

All you guys at the AutoExpo are doing a kickass job!!! For people like me who could'nt make it to the expo, its just so amazing to "see" cars like Aria,with regular updates.

Take a bow Team-BHP!!

Old 7th January 2010, 12:29   #266
BHPian

an absolute stunner. Way to go tata. M&M and TATA are really trying to match with the foreign brands and the products are getting better with every release.

TATA changes everything except the dashboard, it's time they revisited the dash design as well.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:01   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

From the pics its seems the seats have good under thigh support on all the seats. This might be the reason as to why the legroom seems less. Loved the Safari Seats. Atleast the seats in Aria would atleast at par if not better.

Need to see it in flesh before being judgmental.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:16   #268
BHPian

everytime I see a new Tata car my respect for the man "Mr. Ratan Tata" keeps on increasing.I feel that Tata is going to be the first truly global Indian car company.Yes there are some quality problems but they are disappearing fast with every new model.When I first saw Aria at the expo it made me feel excited and happy whereas when I saw Toyota etios be it the hatchback or sedan,they felt like designs from age gone by.And those red and white interiors(if i recall correctly for the etios) were also kinda boring.
As per the Tata executives the car would be in the price range of Innova,not more than it,which I feel is a fair deal.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:24   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Think it will be mainly Xylo which will feel the heat. Innova is certainly in a different league altogether, and i doubt if Aria can match it.

We will have to wait for a TD of Aria to see where is fits in between the Xylo <----> Innova spectrum.
Aria needs to be priced atleast 1 lac below the innova for it to tempt anyone to buy it. Why else would anyone chose it over the rock solid reliability and superb quality that toyota provides.

Being an extremely satisfied Innova (200,000kms run) and Qualis (150,000kms run) owner - i think even a 1 lac difference would not tempt me to go for the Aria. So I think Tata's have a tough fight on their hands with this one.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:28   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
All you guys at the AutoExpo are doing a kickass job!!! For people like me who could'nt make it to the expo, its just so amazing to "see" cars like Aria,with regular updates.

Take a bow Team-BHP!!

totally agree. I'm quite missing being there but with this I at least feel like watching an ODI on TV. Once again kudos to the mod team out there - GTO ,
Rehaan and Dippy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed